02-19-11, 03:56 AM   #1
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
[suggestion] warehouse improvement

Carbonite's warehouse is a marvel, given that it tracks almost everything. What is missing is syncing with other Carbonite users, let alone other addons, that take a snapshot of the guild bank.

Therefore, I humbly suggest LibGuildBankComm-1.0 to take the snapshot and sync with other members of the same guild. The API is easy and straightforward. Further, Thaoky, author of Altoholic, is considering using the lib, as are other authors. It would be wonderful if all such addons were on the same page, as it were.

I do realize that Carbonite currently does not use LibStub and CallbackHandler, but I am hoping this wouldn't break the bank. See what I did there? *a-hem*

Anyway, just a thought.

02-19-11, 04:18 AM   #2
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Hmm... why would my guildies need to see what's in my bags and bank? And why would I need to see what they have in their bags and bank?

02-20-11, 03:52 AM   #3
Yelina
An Aku'mai Servant
Uhh. myrroddin is talking about the guildbank not your own bank or bags

02-20-11, 04:57 AM   #4
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Hmm. Then I must've misunderstood the post.

06-13-11, 06:29 PM   #5
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

The API has been dramatically improved in LibGuildBankComm-1.0, and should be much easier to implement.

Any chance of support?

And yes, this only deals with the guild bank, and does not touch your own bags or bank.

07-06-11, 06:01 PM   #6
link07
A Murloc Raider
this sounds nice

07-07-11, 09:31 PM   #7
Haavok
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

I don't think syncing with other Carbonite users bank/guild bank is going to happen based on our current time commitment to the project. We could certainly add a guild bank tab that lists a snapshot of items in the guild bank based on when you last visited the bank. Obviously the usefulness of this is dependent on how often you visit the bank and how large/active your guild is. If enough users think this feature (as described) would be useful it is something we could add relatively easily.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » [suggestion] warehouse improvement