04-16-09, 11:21 PM   #1
Unbelievable
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Feature Request: Method to enter precise values for sliders

One of the minor (but persistent) niggles I've found with Carbonite over the last 6 months or so is that it can be very hard to enter a precise value for a slider (eg for say POI scaling). Usually this isn't a major problem as tiny discrepencies don't really show up onscreen. However, when scaling icons the difference between 50% and 51% can be quite noticable.

Is there a way to add some kind of fine adjustment system? If not might I suggest ALT clicking the to the left/right of the slider to de/increment the value by 1/0.1 or whatever the minimum value for a particular slider. Such a system wouldn't require any alterations to the GUI (no addition of < > buttons or textboxes), and would allow for much more precise value setting.

Thanks again for continuing the Carbonite project. I hope those donations are flooding in now. Strong arm tactics, that's whats needed

04-16-09, 11:33 PM   #2
Haavok
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I don't think we've documented it but if you hold down shift or control while using the slider it will clamp the values to rounded increments

04-17-09, 12:16 AM   #3
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Holding alt and clicking a slider will set it to 1.0.
Holding shift and clicking a slider will round it to .05.

04-17-09, 09:46 AM   #4
Unbelievable
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Yay! Thanks for the heads up. Probably worth adding to the readme

04-17-09, 03:42 PM   #5
Sondgerothja
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I was just going to suggest the thing that a few addons out there have, mouse wheel scrolling for increments of 1. It's handy to just mouse over the slider and set it than to grab the slider. I always try it first on any slider I touch on an addon until I learn it can't do it.

04-19-09, 11:18 AM   #6
Haavok
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Originally Posted by Sondgerothja View Post
I was just going to suggest the thing that a few addons out there have, mouse wheel scrolling for increments of 1. It's handy to just mouse over the slider and set it than to grab the slider. I always try it first on any slider I touch on an addon until I learn it can't do it.
Thanks, that's a great suggestion.

04-19-09, 06:51 PM   #7
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Done for next version:
Added mouse wheel support to menu sliders. 5% per notch. Holding shift key does .5%.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Feature Request: Method to enter precise values for sliders