01-21-07, 09:44 AM   #1
Evilprince91
A Murloc Raider
Exclamation Install Wizard UI's please

I am new to the world of addons to WoW. So I would like a UI that will run a installation wizard when I DL it. I don't want to go through removing and making new folders because I always get it wrong. I have the latest patch's. So a link to a good self installing UI would be useful. Thanks in advance!
01-21-07, 10:27 AM   #2
Lethalweapon
A Cyclonian
so your asking for .exe that can EASILY contain keyloggers? kk.
01-21-07, 10:32 AM   #3
Evilprince91
A Murloc Raider
0.0 I'm new so i never knew that...so give me a break man.....
01-21-07, 10:54 AM   #4
Itanius
Wrath of Evil

Premium Member
Take the time to learn how to install/remove/configure UI's and you'll be quite happy. It's really not that complicated, and all the information you'll ever need is here or at other sites across the web.

Custom UI's, for most of us, are a game within the game. Have fun.
01-21-07, 11:12 AM   #5
Evilprince91
A Murloc Raider
I just tried installing the Mirage UI. But that didn't work and I followed the instructions.
01-21-07, 12:07 PM   #6
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
One thing I will point out is that you will *NEVER* get a keylogger from any mod on this site.

If an author uploads any form of executable we ask for source code to verify and we re-verify the safety of the executable it every time they update.

In the five years of running multiple Interface sites for multiple games, no one has *ever* gotten anything malicious from any of our sites. No viruses, no spyware, no trojans, no keyloggers. Not one, ever.

That is a reputation we stand by.

All that being said, however, yes it is important to be careful. There are, unfortunately, a lot of folks out there that do try to do nasty things. If you are considering downloading something that contains an executable, make very very sure you are confident in the site from which you are getting it.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
01-21-07, 01:59 PM   #7
Lethalweapon
A Cyclonian
thats what worldofwarui.com and curse-gaming said too.. look what happened over the months.
01-21-07, 03:49 PM   #8
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Re-read what I said. We've been doing this for five (5) YEARS, on multiple (more than 1) sites. Never a problem. Ever. Why do you think we manually moderate every single file that comes through here, every single time it does? We take the safety of our users seriously.

I'm not making comments about the other sites, I have no idea how long they have been doing this or what sort of security they have in place. I don't work at either of them. Let's not turn this into a site pi$$ing contest, shall we? You know that we don't allow that sort of thing here. No flaming, of other users or other sites. That isn't what we are about.

I comment on our sites, because I know our proven track record. I should, I've been here all along.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Install Wizard UI's please