05-15-09, 10:38 PM   #1
Tweetz
A Defias Bandit
Carbonite Problem

I just updated my carbonite to 3.12, and now I cannot log into World of Warcraft, Not sure if carbonite is the problem but I also downloaded Atlast Loot, and Deadly Boss Mods. I can't even load pass connecting. Anyone else having a problem with this or is it just me?

05-15-09, 11:00 PM   #2
richardtaft
A Murloc Raider
I have the problem too

i uninstalled all addons, deleted WTF and cache, did not fix the problem.

checked the status of the servers on the armory page, the servers are up, im confused as to what happened.

ill try restarting my pc and see if this helps

*EDIT*

UPDATE
after i restarted my pc i still can not access WoW, this is very weird, i did nothing more than update my carbonite and log back in, but never got past authentication after updating it.

Last edited by richardtaft : 05-15-09 at 11:08 PM.

05-15-09, 11:20 PM   #3
Zelfin
A Kobold Labourer
Same thing happened to me.

The same thing happened to me. I was playing WOW. I get the popup message for the update. Log out, update, then bam. I cannot log in.

Carbonite is usefull but if I have to reinstall my WOW it will not be reinstalled. I actually paid for this when it was registered for full access.

Now i want to play wow and cannot.

05-15-09, 11:41 PM   #4
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

If you were stuck at the authentication screen, blame Blizz. They've been having issues all night with their Authentication Servers. If you ever have an issue where you cannot even log into WoW with your username/password. That is not an addons fault. Addons have zero to do with you logging in and out of your account.

05-16-09, 01:11 AM   #5
richardtaft
A Murloc Raider
Exclamation Begging to differ in this case

i really have to beg to differ in this case, not sure whats up with what, but this is the senerio.

maybe it is maybe its not,

1> installed new Carbonite
2> could not connect
3> removed carb
4> could not conn
5> repair wow
6> connects fine
7> install new carb
8> could not connect
9> run tracert......... tracert ok
10>replace new carb with last but not latest release
11>connects every time
12>install new carb
13>will not conn
14>replace latest carb with last but not latest release
15>connects every time again

maybe a problem with version or something but i just cant get newest carb to work

05-16-09, 01:30 AM   #6
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by richardtaft View Post
i really have to beg to differ in this case, not sure whats up with what, but this is the senerio.

maybe it is maybe its not,

1> installed new Carbonite
2> could not connect
3> removed carb
4> could not conn
5> repair wow
6> connects fine
7> install new carb
8> could not connect
9> run tracert......... tracert ok
10>replace new carb with last but not latest release
11>connects every time
12>install new carb
13>will not conn
14>replace latest carb with last but not latest release
15>connects every time again

maybe a problem with version or something but i just cant get newest carb to work
Addons dont load and execute what they are designed to do untill you begin loading in to the world. After character select. If you cant get past authenticate then they arent loading and therefore not the issue. As odd as it sounds your ability to log in or not based on your tests above are extraordinary coincidence. If you are getting past authenticate to character select and start loading until it crashes. then yes an addon could be the culprit. For the new version of Carbonite to be at fault at all you have to get past character select.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor

05-16-09, 01:37 AM   #7
richardtaft
A Murloc Raider
well i appriciate your time, i really do, but i am still at a loss of what is the problem, i shall try the carb reup again and see if the same thing happens, will post my results soon...

i really am hoping this is just a connectivity issue!!

05-16-09, 01:39 AM   #8
Tweetz
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Vis View Post
If you were stuck at the authentication screen, blame Blizz. They've been having issues all night with their Authentication Servers. If you ever have an issue where you cannot even log into WoW with your username/password. That is not an addons fault. Addons have zero to do with you logging in and out of your account.
Basically what happen, Seemed to work fine after I logged in with battle net, Few other friends have been having this problem as well.

05-16-09, 01:43 AM   #9
richardtaft
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by richardtaft View Post
well i appriciate your time, i really do, but i am still at a loss of what is the problem, i shall try the carb reup again and see if the same thing happens, will post my results soon...

i really am hoping this is just a connectivity issue!!
Issue solved, for me i had to install al three folders in the carbonite zip instead of just the one, for some reason it will not let me conn with just the carb file. i must put the nodes and trans files in also for some reason, with all three i can connect but with only the carb folder i can not

very weird, but im happy i was able to figure it out for me, for the others you might want to try it also.

05-16-09, 02:49 AM   #10
stormkeep
Drunken Dorf

Premium Member
Richard, you may be just assuming what your issue was. As someone already said, there was a blizzard issue with the authentication servers. Which was resolved a little while ago...and that may be why now you can log in.

It certainly was NOT carbonite because you said you did not get past "connecting" and addons aren't loaded yet at that time, as someone also already said.

Last edited by stormkeep : 05-16-09 at 02:55 AM.

05-17-09, 09:24 PM   #11
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
As stated, no addon is loaded until you select a character and enter the world with it. Addons get loaded during that loading bar screen.

Just because you did A and then B happened, does not mean A caused it.

If I buy a pizza at the grocery store and my car dies on the way home, does it mean pizzas cause car failures? If you stuffed it in the gas tank, then probably, otherwise probably not. hehe. yum pizza....

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite Problem