04-03-09, 10:47 AM   #1
Toran
A Nerdscale Dorkin

Premium Member
Usage with Cartographer, TomTom, QuestHelper, LH

Hi all. Curious how this is used with the addons in subject. Is this supposed to replace all of those? Perhaps Carbonite + LH + TomTom?

04-03-09, 12:03 PM   #2
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If you have Carbonite, there is no need for the other addons, accept Lightheaded. That's always a nice addon to use if you want something to compliment Carbonite.

04-03-09, 12:42 PM   #3
merak69
A Murloc Raider
There are other things that hook into Tom Tom that dont hook into Carbonite (Like WoW-Pro Leveling Guides with the TourGuide addon). Those leveling guides + carbonite makes for crazy fast leveling...

Edit: Spelling corrections...

04-03-09, 07:37 PM   #4
Spahut
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Originally Posted by merak69 View Post
There are other things that hook into Tom Tom that dont hook into Carbonite
Of course that might change now

04-03-09, 07:56 PM   #5
Doriginal1
A Fallenroot Satyr

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Yep, all you need is Carbonite + Lightheaded for the comments. Cartographer is not needed when you use Carbonite and will cause conflicting errors when both are used at the same time. No need for Cartographer anyways since Carbonite blows it away.

04-05-09, 09:25 AM   #6
KiwiiDawn
A Black Drake
Originally Posted by merak69 View Post
There are other things that hook into Tom Tom that dont hook into Carbonite (Like WoW-Pro Leveling Guides with the TourGuide addon). Those leveling guides + carbonite makes for crazy fast leveling...

Edit: Spelling corrections...
Hi I just got done using Tourguide for James guide and it tracked it just fine. I am not sure if i set up any setting or not , I know there is a emulator tomtom, but not sure i have that set up.

04-05-09, 01:46 PM   #7
front243
Premium Member
Premium Member
You can set emulation of both Tomtom and Cartographer waypoints in Carbonite. I can confirm it works for wow-pro's leveling guide (based on Tourguide).

Lightheaded should work fine as well (haven't actually tried myself). Questhelper should be unnecessary as Carbonite does the same functions.

Additionally it got a gathering database and a gather-route option which can replace Gatherer, GatherMate and Routes if you ever used any of those.

04-07-09, 10:21 AM   #8
TiaMaster
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Zygor's Guide is not compatible for some reason. (using it's TomTom waypoints)

04-08-09, 09:28 AM   #9
Garonne
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by front243 View Post
Additionally it got a gathering database and a gather-route option which can replace Gatherer, GatherMate and Routes if you ever used any of those.
In fact I use Gatherer and GatherMate together with Carbonite and it works fine. There is no problem using Carbonite with Gatherer and/or GatherMate.

04-08-09, 10:50 AM   #10
shilum
A Murloc Raider
speaking of those options on carbonite, how do i turn them on?

i found where you can import a data base but no options to turn anything on

04-09-09, 10:54 AM   #11
Unbelievable
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

TomTom still works with Carbonite, if you wish to use it. That said you shouldn't need to, and doing so means you end up with two arrows (one for Carbonite quest tracking and one for TomTom)

Last edited by Unbelievable : 04-09-09 at 11:03 AM.

04-09-09, 10:57 AM   #12
Haavok
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Originally Posted by shilum View Post

Right-click map -> Show -> Mining / Herb

04-09-09, 11:01 AM   #13
Unbelievable
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by shilum View Post

Right click the minimap (the map itself, not the heading) and show > Show mines / herbs nodes.

(see vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dehOV9UQGc )

Last edited by Unbelievable : 04-09-09 at 11:02 AM. Reason: Damn Haavok beat me to it ;)

04-09-09, 04:36 PM   #14
shilum
A Murloc Raider
okay i got them to show on my map but i cant get them to show on the minimp, how do i do that, the same way with the quest markers

04-11-09, 09:17 PM   #15
Toran
A Nerdscale Dorkin

Premium Member
Thanks all. Seems that Carbonite works well with LH and TourGuide. I'm also trying to replace nquestlog since it seems abandoned. I have two needs that the Carbonite quest minion doesn't seem to show:

1. Zone titles for quests (group quests by zone w/a hide and show option)
2. Quest summary upon hovering over a quest. It's nice to have that tooltip available when mousing over a quest for a quick reminder, rather than having to open the full log.

04-11-09, 10:14 PM   #16
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I haven't seen Zone titles, but you can select to show only in your current zone and a few other things by clicking the 2nd arrow in the Quest watcher and checking/unchecking a couple options there.

Tooltips are built into the Quest Watch also, just put your mouse to the left of the name of the quest where the dot would be when you are currently tracking it.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Usage with Cartographer, TomTom, QuestHelper, LH