11-01-10, 01:15 PM   #1
PsychoCircus
A Murloc Raider
Problems/Errors with Carbonite 4.013

I will try and be as brief, but as descriptive, as possible, so that the entireity of the errors I am having will be understood.

Though I know listing all the errors isn't particularly useful, I'm wanting to be thorough in case I missed something.

...\Fix_ZasCarboniteFixs\Fix_ZasCarboniteFixs.lua: 127: in functuion 'Upl'

...\Carbonite\Carbonite.ua: 15656: in function 'Upd'

...\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua: 16141: in function <Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:161007>

As for a description of the problem, there are several. For starters, the icons (such as city locations, the circles with x's inside marking quest spots, and quest areas are NOT scaling with the magnification of the map, and are moving in places where they are not. For example, I had a question mark in Storm Peaks in the Temple of Storms. I magnified the map, and zoomed it back out and the same question mark was in Frosthold.

When you pull up the larger map, the zone you're in is shown, but everything around it is blacked out (such as being in Storm Peaks, but unable to see Icecrown, Zul'Drak, etc around it). You can get it to show by zooming out extremely, and then back in, but everything gets horribly misplaced when you do so.

I had one party member with me. I saw her twice on the map at the same time. Neither her icon nor my arrow was moving as we moved across the map.

When you bring the big map up, and then close it again, icons from the big map, like question marks, quest points and so on remain on your screen. For example, the question mark that moved from Temple of Storms to Frosthold was sitting in my chat window after I closed the large map.

Similar type problems also exist, but I'd be basically rehashing a large part of it. Its making navigating impossible, and finding quest objectives and such just as impossible.

If this report helps, which I hope it does, hopefully these issues can be found and fixed promptly.

Thank you, and thank you for such a wonderful addon. Thank you very much Faatal and Haavok for your hard work.

Last edited by PsychoCircus : 11-01-10 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Added information

11-01-10, 03:07 PM   #2
Zasurus
A Cyclonian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by PsychoCircus View Post
I will try and be as brief, but as descriptive, as possible, so that the entireity of the errors I am having will be understood.

Though I know listing all the errors isn't particularly useful, I'm wanting to be thorough in case I missed something.

...\Fix_ZasCarboniteFixs\Fix_ZasCarboniteFixs.lua: 127: in functuion 'Upl'
I really need to rename that file! The first error "Fix_ZasCarboniteFixs.lua" is part of WorldExplorer and NOT Carbonite. There is a new version out on curseforge to fix that problem. It will be on curse.com and curse client once it has been approved! I will rename the file so it doesn't confuse ppl for the next release! ;P Zas

11-01-10, 03:44 PM   #3
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

As Zasurus said, those problems are all probably caused by the Fix_ZasCarboniteFixs.lua errors.

11-01-10, 09:06 PM   #4
lemathes
A Defias Bandit
the explanation marks to pick up quests and also the tracking, such as find minerals, or beasts is no longer showing up on my minimap, is this something i accidently undid in options and can fix, or is it an error. i've tried everything. thanks

11-03-10, 05:04 AM   #5
Uss
A Defias Bandit
few illustrations, how questgivers location changes, when zooming or resizing map. Same happens with ore/herb/gas locations.
Two marks are shown; first - where mark is by carbonite database, second where is the actual spot, detected from game.
First is in proper base, second moves different places, depending on zoom or/and resize rate.
Edited:
OOPS
My mistake, it happens only, when Carbonite map window is partially offscreen.
These screens are taken, when left part of Carbonite window was about a inch offscreen.
After adjusting window position all went normal.

May be helps limiting window position, so that it cannot be moved accidentally outside screen ?
(just my opinion)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0006.jpg
Views:	677
Size:	230.2 KB
ID:	5162  Click image for larger version

Name:	0007.jpg
Views:	667
Size:	210.4 KB
ID:	5163  Click image for larger version

Name:	0008.jpg
Views:	674
Size:	177.1 KB
ID:	5164  

Last edited by Uss : 11-03-10 at 05:56 AM. Reason: my mistake

11-03-10, 09:22 AM   #6
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Uss View Post
few illustrations, how questgivers location changes, when zooming or resizing map. Same happens with ore/herb/gas locations.
Two marks are shown; first - where mark is by carbonite database, second where is the actual spot, detected from game.
First is in proper base, second moves different places, depending on zoom or/and resize rate.
Edited:
OOPS
My mistake, it happens only, when Carbonite map window is partially offscreen.
These screens are taken, when left part of Carbonite window was about a inch offscreen.
After adjusting window position all went normal.

May be helps limiting window position, so that it cannot be moved accidentally outside screen ?
(just my opinion)
Perhaps you should try locking your map in place so that it cannot be moved partially off-screen. Resizing your map will go a long way towards not having to move the map part way off-screen to be able to see the game detail you need to see.

To lock the map, right click the small box in the upper right corner with the "x" in it, and choose "Lock" in the pop up menu.

11-03-10, 11:50 AM   #7
Jigain
A Molten Giant

I believe the minimap is hardcoded by Blizzard to never go off screen. I remember when I used SexyMap and tried to minimize the wasted space by putting the minimap as close as possible to the screen edge - too far resulted in a distorted, oval map. I reckon the same holds true for Carbonite, since it incorporates the minimap into itself - move it too far offscreen, and the map will get negatively affected.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Problems/Errors with Carbonite 4.013