08-29-12, 01:39 AM   #121
Xarl
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Rythal i bow before you and send my Thanks for this Update you made.

Regards

08-29-12, 01:59 AM   #122
Muezick
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thanks Rythal. Here's hoping it can be uploaded to wow interface soon

08-29-12, 03:01 AM   #123
Galious
A Kobold Labourer
Awesome work, thanks for getting one of my favorite addons up and running.
I'm trying to finish loremaster and I ran across an error. Popped up right after I completed the objectives for a quest, but before turn in.

Date: 2012-08-29 01:52:52
ID: 3
Error occured in: Global
Count: 1
script ran too long
Debug:
[C]: PlaySoundFile()
Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:13465: PlaySoundFile()
Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:12549: PlaySound()
Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:8788: RQL()
Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:10740: ReQ1()
Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:20539: LoU()
Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:18571: ?()
Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:7339:
Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:7331
Locals:
self = <table> {
UnE = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:22901
Com1 = <table> {
}
CGDTP = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:14031
prF = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:18613
Sli = <table> {
}
ToB = <table> {
}
CCW = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:2854
OU__1 = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:1044
GLI = 3
VERSIONCD = 0.4
InE = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:10768
Soc = <table> {
}
prV = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:13496
GPOI = <table> {
}
Loc = "enUS"
InC = 1
NXMapKeyScaleRestore = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:5072
VERSIONINFO = 0.24
MWH2 = <table> {
}
SeQ = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:5063
Opt = <table> {
}
Lis = <table> {
}
slC = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:21452
AME = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:21769
VERSIONTRAVEL = 0.4
NXWatchKeyUseItem = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:9326
NXMapKeyTogNormalMax = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:15751
Fon = <table> {
}
VERSIONCAP = 0.71
OpD = <table> {
}
GeQ = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:14113
TaB = <table> {
}
VERSIONHUDOPTS = 0.03
CRC = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:5248
GICH = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:3784
BUILD = 291
Gra = <table> {
}
U_TCR = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:18189
VCA = <table> {
}
prE = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:14904
U_SV = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:13771
VERSIONW = 0.1
CloseWindows = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:11618
AKE = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:14635
HideUIPanel = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:10133
Tra = <table> {
}
Fav = <table> {
}
NPST = 395105.441
VERSIONVENDORV = 0.012
GeF = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:10864
NXWarehouseKeyToggleShow = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:14044
prC = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:23310
GDM = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:9664
ADE = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:26044
MNTI = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:8382
CARW = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:10242
U_GTES = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:12665
HNTI = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:8045
NXMapKeyTogHerb = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:26323
MITN1 = <table> {
}
CaD = 0
DebugOn = true
FACFEB = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:23078
NXMiniMapBut = <table> {
}
OU__2 = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:17164
prT = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:11743
U_GTEMSS = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:22897
VERMINOR = 0
MapInitIconType = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:12618
OpV = <table> {
}
prD = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:14662
U_DS = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:8290
GaU = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:2802
GRCN = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:19276
Com = <table> {
}
Pro = <table> {
}
ICD = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:21157
GQO = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:2200
UDG = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:14194
CuC = <table> {
}
ReC = <function> defi

08-29-12, 03:03 AM   #124
dirtgrrl88
A Kobold Labourer
Didnt work for me..but TY!

Just wanted to say that I have used Carbonite since the first day I played WoW and LOVE IT! Unfortunately, the version that was linked as updated didn't work for me. Made everything extremely laggy, the quest database wouldn't populate and the large map had no details..but I will keep trying as updates happen. Really just wanted to say that even tho it didn't work for me. I TRULY appreciate you taking the time to try to give this add on back to us. I am sure this takes tons of time and we all appreciate your efforts! THANK YOU!!!!!!!

08-29-12, 04:22 AM   #125
Miltonx
A Murloc Raider
Thumbs up

Rythal your the best thank you for this update.

08-29-12, 07:05 AM   #126
timatlee
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Hello again..

I downloaded the update (to include Carbonite / WoW POI's) just now. Accepted the daily Org cooking quest (the one where you need to get bacon.. mmm), abandoned it, but the Carbonite POI information is still showing on the map.

Clearing Goto removes the Tomtom arrow, but the POI region for the quest is still highlighted.

As expected, /reload clears it up.

Conversely, using WoW's POI's, and abandoning the quest, the point clears off the map, and the tomtom arrow goes away (without needing to clear goto).

Please let me know if there are any more details I can provide you. And once again, thank you for your work on this.

08-29-12, 07:24 AM   #127
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by dirtgrrl88 View Post
Just wanted to say that I have used Carbonite since the first day I played WoW and LOVE IT! Unfortunately, the version that was linked as updated didn't work for me. Made everything extremely laggy, the quest database wouldn't populate and the large map had no details..but I will keep trying as updates happen. Really just wanted to say that even tho it didn't work for me. I TRULY appreciate you taking the time to try to give this add on back to us. I am sure this takes tons of time and we all appreciate your efforts! THANK YOU!!!!!!!
that sounds like it's not extracted to the right place and is still using the old version, if you have show lua errors disabled that's exactly what happens with the 4.3 carbonite.

08-29-12, 07:26 AM   #128
Entropyutd
A Murloc Raider
Thank you.
I haven't extensively tested it, but even if nothing else works this add on is worth it for the map function alone.
The other map addons out there were driving me nuts.

08-29-12, 07:48 AM   #129
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by timatlee View Post
Hello again..

I downloaded the update (to include Carbonite / WoW POI's) just now. Accepted the daily Org cooking quest (the one where you need to get bacon.. mmm), abandoned it, but the Carbonite POI information is still showing on the map.

Clearing Goto removes the Tomtom arrow, but the POI region for the quest is still highlighted.

As expected, /reload clears it up.

Conversely, using WoW's POI's, and abandoning the quest, the point clears off the map, and the tomtom arrow goes away (without needing to clear goto).

Please let me know if there are any more details I can provide you. And once again, thank you for your work on this.
two questions on this... 1) did you move in world at all after abandoning it? 2) did it remove from the watched quest list and just remain as map shading, or was it still in both places

08-29-12, 08:19 AM   #130
Maeby
An Aku'mai Servant
Gonna Chime in my thanks here. As someone with absolutely no sense of direction, I can't find the other side of Orgrimmar without the Carbonite map!

So far it has been working perfectly for me, but I'll let you know if I find any errors, and I'll be watching this thread with much interest!

Thanks again!

Maeby, Gurubashi

08-29-12, 08:43 AM   #131
timatlee
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
two questions on this... 1) did you move in world at all after abandoning it? 2) did it remove from the watched quest list and just remain as map shading, or was it still in both places
Just testing it again here..
  • Logged in, changed to Carbonite POI's. Reloaded UI as directed.
  • Accepted the quest
  • Clicked Auto Track (was not on before accepting quest) - Carbonite map adjusted to show the region of the quest, tomtom arrow shows where to go.
  • Open quest log (Carbonite version, not vanilla UI), right-click, abandon quest
  • Quest does not show on tracker
  • Quest is not listed in quest log
  • Shaded region still shows on Carbonite map
  • Flew around Org, Tomtom still points to the destination, shaded region still exists.

TLDR: 1) Just around the region, not zones.
2) Removed from tracker, not map.

Thanks again!

Last edited by timatlee : 08-29-12 at 08:54 AM. Reason: Fixed bbcode for the list. No content change.

08-29-12, 08:58 AM   #132
Gashara
A Murloc Raider
Thanks Rythal!!!

Thanks, it will be nice to have come constant communication with a dev of this great addon. I've been using it for the past 4 years (or so) and I'm always lost when there's a new patch/xpac that breaks it. I usually don't even really play for a few days till it's updated. So hopefully they will let you take over. You have already shown more interest and desire than I've seen the original devs display since using this addon. Granted none of us know what's going on in their personal lives, but you'd think atleast one of them would fine 2 minutes to post something every so often updating us.

With that said, I installed your patch and have noticed something. I have Darkmoon Faire quests that are completed, yet the Carbonite minimap is displaying their turn ins (the ?s) in Orgrimmar.

The quests are:
A Curious Crystal
A Wondrous Weapon
and An Intriguing Grimoire

08-29-12, 09:30 AM   #133
roxxorman
A Defias Bandit
Thank you Rythal

Rythal,

Like the others, I express my thanks. You have no idea how much suffering and pain was caused because i lost my carbonite! Thanks to you, it is working again. I have made a permanent link to your update page if you decide to keep doing it. Hopefully, the makers of carbonite will be happy to show their support seeing as they are busy with real life situations.

Much respect and gratitude.

08-29-12, 09:53 AM   #134
jc2470
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I appreciate the work rythal has done for us impatient people. But remember this is not his addon, and from what i understand the creators of it are busy, so because it isnt updated the day of the release of a new patch, is no reason to assume the creator of it has abandoned it and shouldnt be suggested that they give it over to someone else. This is obviously a project that they have dedicated large amounts of time to.

I do appreciate rythals quick response in getting it working, thx bro. But I am still hoping the creators continue the project.

08-29-12, 10:07 AM   #135
kerb
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
that's a good question... and probably why the code was unreadable... because really once you know how it all works, it would really not be that difficult to restart the whole thing from scratch, 99% of it is just numbers and lining up 3 maps overlayed on top of each other. A lot of addons already have the "fog of war removal" which is the top layer, second layer is just default continents, and third layer is the satelite view built from the same images the minimap uses, so anyone could redo it.

I'm actually more surprised that in all this time, no one besides carbonite & cartographer has done it, since once you figure it out it's not very difficult.

The downside to it, and the reason why both probably fell to the wayside... they are a lot of work to maintain... unless they have a better way of doing it (would imagine so) it's a lot of datamining into the mpq files to find the information / numbers / settings etc to keep the maps displaying properly anytime something changes.. and even then it's not flawless, like my twilight highlands green square which is kinda really pissing me off since I can't figure it out... i've even now one by one removed every tile from the zone and it still remains. (green tiles are a new thing with MoP... before settexture would return null if the file didn't exist, now it works reguardless and displays a lime green box if it was invalid).
I've been thinking about looking into this myself, and also fixing gnomeworks.
Any pointers to information on figuring out the mpq format and other addon discussion in general?
I'm all about collaborating and learning from the experience of others.

MoP has broken SO much stuff... it's a total disaster from an addon perspective.

08-29-12, 10:13 AM   #136
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by jc2470 View Post
I appreciate the work rythal has done for us impatient people. But remember this is not his addon, and from what i understand the creators of it are busy, so because it isnt updated the day of the release of a new patch, is no reason to assume the creator of it has abandoned it and shouldnt be suggested that they give it over to someone else. This is obviously a project that they have dedicated large amounts of time to.

I do appreciate rythals quick response in getting it working, thx bro. But I am still hoping the creators continue the project.
I agree with you in the the hope the creators do continue with it, where a lot of it stems from is a) we never see them post, or say anything to us, they have been on and looking at there profiles confirms they have been on, but not once did they mention or say if they plan on updating it for MoP. If there had been a post I wouldn't of done it myself and saved myself the headache.

and b) on the first page of this topic, someone said they were told by the devs that they are deciding wither to update it, or hand it over to community.... the people suggesting they give it over are just asking for option 2.. and while the decision does still remain with them, at least they know if they do someone is here, willing, and wanting to work on it.

I fully intend to stand by there decision once they have made it, and if they ask me to stop I will. It just means I'll have to start over taking what i've learned so far about how the map is put together and rewriting it from scratch as a new addon if I find carbonite isn't being updated beyond bug fixes again.

08-29-12, 10:19 AM   #137
timatlee
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by kerb View Post
MoP has broken SO much stuff... it's a total disaster from an addon perspective.
This happens with every expansion...

08-29-12, 10:41 AM   #138
jc2470
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
yea im not against u taking it over at all if that is there wish, it is working good as far as i can tell, and thx for the update enabling carbonite poi again, its a little easier to follow.

Fix mage nuggets now? LOL

08-29-12, 10:43 AM   #139
chilidogg11
A Murloc Raider
anyone else having a problem with the map in bg's? when i hit m and get the big cabonite map it shows everything but the smaller square of a map that normally sits on my screen in blank.

and again, ry i want you to have my babies.

08-29-12, 10:58 AM   #140
timatlee
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by chilidogg11 View Post
and again, ry i want you to have my babies.
Wow, I'm appreciative of the work he's done, but I don't want to have his babies :P

Anyhow - if you plan to continue working on it, take ownership of it on behalf of the community, or start up your own project - please post and let us know. I think there's been a demonstration of interest on these forums alone ...

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Will Carbonite be updated for MOP?