05-14-17, 09:15 PM   #21
StormFX
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
Yeah, that's the first thing I tested But your mask should be a separate texture, you can't "cut" it via mask:SetTexCoord(...). Last time I tested it SetTexCoord had no effect on mask texture, I'm not sure if it's a bug or intended though..
Actually, you shouldn't need to cut the mask. Just cut the icon. Use SetTexCoords(...) on the Icon layer to remove the funky edges Blizzard puts on them. Then just make sure your mask and icon are the same size (eg, 64x64 scaled to 32x32 in-game) and, assuming your mask texture is set up correctly, you should be good. In my new "testing" skin, I'm simply using the same texture (with alpha) for the mask that I'm using for the pushed/disabled/flash textures.
05-14-17, 10:03 PM   #22
lightspark
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Originally Posted by StormFX View Post
Actually, you shouldn't need to cut the mask. Just cut the icon. Use SetTexCoords(...) on the Icon layer to remove the funky edges Blizzard puts on them. Then just make sure your mask and icon are the same size (eg, 64x64 scaled to 32x32 in-game) and, assuming your mask texture is set up correctly, you should be good. In my new "testing" skin, I'm simply using the same texture (with alpha) for the mask that I'm using for the pushed/disabled/flash textures.
That's not what I meant, some people prefer to use texture atlases instead of individual textures for stuff, so they may end up adding the mask to the atlas, but they won't be able to "cut" it from the atlas to use in the game. The client will try to use entire atlas as the mask o_O

That's what I did and it didn't work Didn't want others to experience the same issue and waste their time
05-14-17, 11:38 PM   #23
StormFX
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

That's not what I meant, some people prefer to use texture atlases instead of individual textures for stuff, so they may end up adding the mask to the atlas, but they won't be able to "cut" it from the atlas to use in the game. The client will try to use entire atlas as the mask o_O

That's what I did and it didn't work Didn't want others to experience the same issue and waste their time
Oh, I got ya. My mistake.
05-16-17, 03:49 PM   #24
StormFX
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

It was mentioned that it's possible to use the same mask texture object for multiple textures but I'm not sure that's the case given that you have to position the mask on the texture via SetPoint. It would be nice if it were true, but meh.
05-16-17, 04:10 PM   #25
lightspark
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Originally Posted by StormFX View Post
It was mentioned that it's possible to use the same mask texture object for multiple textures but I'm not sure that's the case given that you have to position the mask on the texture via SetPoint. It would be nice if it were true, but meh.
I use one mask for 5 textures o_O

Why do you position the mask on the texture? Position it on the frame instead

BTW, mask lag is fixed on PTR.
05-16-17, 05:03 PM   #26
StormFX
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I use one mask for 5 textures o_O

Why do you position the mask on the texture? Position it on the frame instead

BTW, mask lag is fixed on PTR.
I suppose I mistook the implication. It would seem logical to be able to reuse a mask object across various frames (like instances) though that line of reasoning probably is a result of my jumping around between various language and graphics platforms and probably doesn't make sense in the context of this game.

And yeah, the masks are positioned relative to the frame, I merely spoke in relation to the texture since that's what's actually being masked.

As far as the lag goes, I haven't noticed it in my testing on live but I have been crashing on occasion due to being out of memory (which doesn't make any sense given that I'm running 16gb with nothing else running).
05-17-17, 02:30 AM   #27
Resike
A Pyroguard Emberseer
Can you acatually use this instead of SetTextCoords and gain performace?
08-03-17, 05:53 PM   #28
MunkDev
A Scalebane Royal Guard

I found another bug with this widget where it seems to draw masks for unrelated textures. I posted about it separately here.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » MaskTexture : new widget for 7.2