12-02-09, 12:23 PM   #1
Hctc
A Defias Bandit
ACC_NAME vs Email - HALP!

So back int he day we used to have to change the ACC_NAME with an actual account name.

Now we don't have account names so what am i suppose to change the ACC_NAME part too when installing a Pre-Made UI? The E-Mail i use?
12-02-09, 12:26 PM   #2
Akryn
A Firelord
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Hctc View Post
So back int he day we used to have to change the ACC_NAME with an actual account name.

Now we don't have account names so what am i suppose to change the ACC_NAME part too when installing a Pre-Made UI? The E-Mail i use?
Change it to the name of the folder that's already there?
12-02-09, 12:32 PM   #3
Hctc
A Defias Bandit
This is what my current WTF folder path looks like all the way down to the character.

Code:
C:\Documents and Settings\Danny\Desktop\WTFold\Account\<snip>\Proudmoore\Wcar
So i believe the answer to your question would be to use "<snip>" as my account name? o.O

Last edited by Seerah : 12-02-09 at 12:41 PM. Reason: just in case that is your actual account name, I've removed it for your own security.
12-02-09, 12:42 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
The battle.net account name is just an umbrella which links all of your WoW, etc. game accounts together into one login. It is not your actual account name. Many people/households have multiple accounts linked under one battle.net account.

You need to use your actual account name which you used to create the account.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

12-02-09, 12:43 PM   #5
Hctc
A Defias Bandit
How can you find that out. I created this account last night and the only thing i entered was my Email. There was no input for an Account name during the creation.
12-02-09, 05:40 PM   #6
Akryn
A Firelord
How can you find that out. I created this account last night and the only thing i entered was my Email. There was no input for an Account name during the creation.
As I said before, just look at what got created for you the first time you logged in to any character on that account. WoW creates the folder structure the way it's supposed to be, you're just replacing that.
12-02-09, 05:50 PM   #7
r1pt1de
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Premium Member
How bout we try it like this

This is what my current WTF folder path looks like all the way down to the character.

Code:
C:\Documents and Settings\Danny\Desktop\WTFold\Account\<snip>\Proudmoore\WcarSo i believe the answer to your question would be to use "<snip>" as my account name? o.O
Yes you are absolutely correct.

r1pt1de
12-02-09, 06:50 PM   #8
Akryn
A Firelord
Originally Posted by r1pt1de View Post
How bout we try it like this

Yes you are absolutely correct.

r1pt1de
Oh sorry I overlooked that post...yeah that's right.
12-05-09, 10:12 AM   #9
Bluspacecow
Giver of walls of text :)

1) Log on wow.

2) Select the realm and toon you want to alter the WTF settings on.

3) Make sure your macros ain't being saved server side

4) Make a few non sense macros

5) Log out and exit.

6) Explore your WTF folder for the stuff that's been recently modified.
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)
12-07-09, 04:41 PM   #10
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

You don't need to change it. Leave it as is.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » ACC_NAME vs Email - HALP!