01-04-07, 08:11 AM   #1
kettch
A Defias Bandit
Request: bind type of an item & persistent data

As some others in here, I'm from Europe so I have no way of posting on the US forums (which would be nice, and is a suggestion on its own, btw).

- It would be so nice to have an API function to get the bind type of a given item (bind on equip, bind on pickup, no bind). Parsing the tooltip may be a solution, but crafting formulas can't be accurately parsed since the formula can have no bind type while the crafted item described in it is bound on pickup.

- Also, I was wondering if there was some way that a given set of people to access a shared zone (using a password, or not) storing persistent data with an addon. This would make it possible for addons such as event-management ones to store the registered events without having to synchronize between clients (which can be hard if the addon is not designed for use with a guild or raid, thus forbidding the use os SendAddonMessage).

Thanks !

Last edited by kettch : 01-04-07 at 08:21 AM.
01-06-07, 09:54 PM   #2
bmxsk8er
A Kobold Labourer
Question so do u know how to get GEM? guild event manager

so i was wondering if u knew how to get guild event manager ifso could u like post a descriptive guid on how to get it? thx
08-03-16, 04:37 PM   #3
Xuerian
A Fallenroot Satyr

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
This would be pretty great, it's also the source of a lot of tooltip scanning.

To quote Guill (Which is of course in no way a promise of anything):

Getting the static bind type (i.e. BoP vs. BoE vs BoA) should definitely be possible. Getting the current bind status is a little more difficult
To add, if it's possible to abstract the soulbound check out of the tooltip and make it available, it'd still be a good thing - mods that want to know will still render the whole tooltip, then scan it.

This isn't really a performance issue in many places, but it's pretty bad in some common ones, like sorting in bag addons that use virtual groups instead of bags directly.

Edit: Apparently static bind type will be a return value of GetItemInfo Soon(tm), so that's great!

Last edited by Xuerian : 08-03-16 at 07:18 PM.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Wish List » Request: bind type of an item