09-29-09, 08:58 PM   #1
michael_lightbringer
A Murloc Raider
Minimap disappearing

I am close to set on using the map right, (I think). I have the small map in the top right to replace my minimap. However, when I click "m" to see the large map and then minimize that the docked map in the upper right disappears. Then I have to manually left click the Carbonite map button every time I'm done with the full map to see the minimap again. Is there a way to make the map return to the minimap function after closing the main map? I've checked the wiki and readme. I've also tried playing with the options settings. I can't find a solution, though. Pleae help.

09-30-09, 11:01 AM   #2
Chmee
A Molten Giant
Minimap=Blizzard's minimap.
Carbonite Map=Replacement for Blizzard's map (not a replacement for the Minimap).
Minimized Carbonite Map=a small view of the Carbonite Map≠Minimap.

The Minimap can be docked inside the Carbonite map. There are various options about that (see Carbonite Options menu, under minimap).

By default, when you punch the M key while the Carb Map is minimized, it maximizes. When you punch the M key while the Carb Map is maximized, it minimizes. When you click on the map's "close" button or hit the "esc" key, the map closes (disappears). There is an option (Carb Options again) to have the map close when it's maximized and you hit the M key. Make sure that option is not selected.

09-30-09, 03:31 PM   #3
michael_lightbringer
A Murloc Raider
My bad on the terminology. I don't mean the Blizzard minimap at all. I have that disabled already. I'm not experiencing the default action, even after resetting the map. I can't find in the options where it is I select to make the expanded map "close" to the minimized Carbonite map version when I hit "m."

Last edited by michael_lightbringer : 09-30-09 at 04:20 PM. Reason: Terminology

10-01-09, 03:57 PM   #4
Chmee
A Molten Giant
Right click on the carb map. Select "options". Under "Map", make sure "Hide maximized map when esc or map toggle (M) key pressed" is not checked.

10-01-09, 05:43 PM   #5
michael_lightbringer
A Murloc Raider
It is not checked. I still don't have the smaller Carbonite map after viewing the full size.

10-02-09, 08:03 AM   #6
Chmee
A Molten Giant
Just to be sure I've got this straight: you log in to WoW. You have the minimized carbonite map on your screen. You hit M, maximizing the map. You hit M again, and the map disappears.

If that's what's happening, and you don't have that option I mentioned checked, then I don't know what's going on. I'd try disabling all other addons. If the problem goes away, there's a conflict you'll have to hunt down. If it doesn't go away, I'd delete any file in the wtf folder with "carbonite" in its name and log in again. If the problem still persists, I'd do a completely clean install of all addons - remove or rename the wtf fold and the addons folder, and install just carbonite. If that doesn't get rid of the problem, I give up. If it does, add your other addons one at a time until (a) the problem reappears - there's your conflict - or (b) they're all added.

You might also need to delete or rename your wdb folder.

10-02-09, 03:10 PM   #7
michael_lightbringer
A Murloc Raider
You do indeed have the situation correctly understood. I will follow these instructions and report back my success or failure.

10-03-09, 01:08 AM   #8
michael_lightbringer
A Murloc Raider
I just finished following your bug checking post. I had a complete failure to get the combined Carbonite minimap and default minimap to stay after pressing M. Even after deleting WDB, WTF, and installing a fresh copy of Carbonite I still lose my combined map after closing the main map. I am using Windows 7. Could that be the problem?

10-03-09, 09:22 AM   #9
Chmee
A Molten Giant
I don't see how the OS you're using could make a difference, but OTOH, it is Windows.

Do you have other toons? Does the same thing happen with them?

10-03-09, 01:54 PM   #10
michael_lightbringer
A Murloc Raider
I've currently been playing one Horde and one Alliance character. I've had three problems with both chaeracters. First is the minimap issue we've been talking about. The second is that the game seems to switch between the Google-style map and the original style map at random. The third problem is that even with Atlas installed I can't seem to use the instance map feature. All three problems occur on both characters.

10-07-09, 11:23 AM   #11
shkm
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Are you sure you're not clicking off the map with the X? If I do that, the smaller map doesn't show up until I next press M. Closing the map with M works fine.

10-19-09, 04:05 AM   #12
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You have tested it with all other addons disabled?

Check the Carbonite keybindings. Make sure you don't have the M key set to "Toggle None or Max Map". M should be bound to the Blizzard "Toggle World Map Pane".

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Minimap disappearing