08-07-09, 03:15 AM   #1
Seer
A Molten Giant
2 small things

2 things I never noticed on the PTR..

As a Lock, I use fell armor.

For some reason my unit frame keeps flashing green even when I'm at full health. I'm fairly sure this didn't happen on the PTR with nUI 5.04

A bit more worrying is another annoyance. Sometimes, for no apparent reason the entire gui disappears.. No hud, no menus, pressing "esc" does nothing.. Only the gameworld is still there.. Not sure this is nUI related or not, as it only happened 2 times since 3.2 went live, but because the esc menu doesn't work either I'm guessing it's not a nUI problem persee.

Anyone else noticed this ? (Why do these things always happen to me... Why don't I just ever get a nice big error message... I know how to deal with those (click them away)..)

I'll try nUI 5.05 when I get home.

Last edited by Seer : 08-07-09 at 03:24 AM.

08-07-09, 04:44 AM   #2
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Any chance you're pressing alt-z ?

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

08-07-09, 04:54 AM   #3
Seer
A Molten Giant
Was thinking of that, but nope. Both times it happened I was in Dala, using the mouse and the "W" to move around.

Tho, guess I can try alt-z to see if it has any effect if it happens again. (And re re check the keybindings)

Also, does alt-z prevent the menu from displaying when you press esc ?

Last edited by Seer : 08-07-09 at 04:57 AM.

08-07-09, 05:02 AM   #4
spiel2001
nUI's Author

No.. that's the thing that surprised me as I believe pressing escape will bring the UI back when you alt-z out of it.

08-07-09, 05:16 AM   #5
Seer
A Molten Giant
Thought so, wasn't sure as I never use the function.

It also disappears in a flickery way tho that might just be some optical illusion playing tricks with my rather disturbed mind.

08-07-09, 05:27 AM   #6
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
I've always noticed the fel armor heal back ticking. Even in 3.1. I just assumed it overheals you if you are already at max health.

I usually use ALT Z to both remove the UI and to get the UI back. And I have never noticed the ESC key not working to get the menu. But then I usually click on the button to get the menu up.

08-07-09, 05:37 AM   #7
Seer
A Molten Giant
Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
I've always noticed the fel armor heal back ticking. Even in 3.1. I just assumed it overheals you if you are already at max health.
You sure about that ? I would think it would have made me turn that feature off a long time ago..

If you're right, my mind is even worse then I thought..

08-07-09, 05:45 AM   #8
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
I've got to go out but I'll give it a few tests later on. Running out of buff food anyway so need to play my levelling toon to get some shoveltusk meat

08-07-09, 08:34 AM   #9
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Yep, confirmed. It overheals you.

Although I keep missing the green bar coloring when I press the prtscrn button. Rofl. The scrolling info on the left is showing the spells healing on me.

Aha, here you go. Some more pics showing full healing, part healing and over healing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_080709_152438.jpg
Views:	620
Size:	357.2 KB
ID:	3148  Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_080709_154544.jpg
Views:	598
Size:	419.2 KB
ID:	3149  Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_080709_154211.jpg
Views:	600
Size:	385.6 KB
ID:	3150  

Last edited by Xrystal : 08-07-09 at 08:47 AM.

08-07-09, 01:36 PM   #10
Leechar
A Kobold Labourer
Thumbs up

I use Fel Armor as a lock as well, and noticed that, but chalked it up to something I'd been 'missing' with the standard Blizz GUI.

I'm new to nUI+ and so far I absolutely LOVE it! great work, Scott (and team). I had crazy UI issues on patch day, but last night when I logged on again all was well with the world and nUI+. yay!

Xrystal, how did you get the top bit of the UI down beside your pet bar? I love that, and although it doesn't hinder my play being up top, I'd much rather save that real estate for the game world and have the entire UI down below since that space is hugely taken by nUI anyway.

Thanks!

08-07-09, 03:46 PM   #11
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
rofl. /nui movers and then move it from the top to the bottom. Works well with art that doesn't have a top section

08-08-09, 08:21 AM   #12
Seer
A Molten Giant
Hmpg.. So, nothing as far as the gui going bey bey last night or today.. Did update several mods again last night so who knows..

08-12-09, 08:23 AM   #13
Tegarbah
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

I do like the idea of having the info from the top console down on the bottom...but I just can't past the 'unbalanced' feeling......the screen MUST be symmetrical...lol...OCD moment

08-12-09, 09:27 AM   #14
Seer
A Molten Giant
Hey ! This is my thread ! No hijacking allowed !

*pushes Tegarbah

08-17-09, 05:44 AM   #15
Way
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Seer View Post
2 things I never noticed on the PTR..

As a Lock, I use fell armor.

For some reason my unit frame keeps flashing green even when I'm at full health. I'm fairly sure this didn't happen on the PTR with nUI 5.04
Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
Yep, confirmed. It overheals you.

Although I keep missing the green bar coloring when I press the prtscrn button. Rofl. The scrolling info on the left is showing the spells healing on me.

Aha, here you go. Some more pics showing full healing, part healing and over healing.
They recently changed some of the heal mechanics so that the Legendary mace (whatever it is called) could proc off of over heal hot ticks.
Wonder if this is why you now see over heal from Fel Armor?

Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
We managed to get in a hotfix today that allows periodic healing ticks that were going to overheal entirely to go ahead and fire. Previously they did not fire. This means that effects that were able to proc from HoT ticks that did some healing can now also proc from HoT ticks that overheal completely. The most notable such effect is that Val'anyr's absorb shield should now work as advertised. All these ticks should now appear in the combat log as well, allowing you to get a fuller sense of your raw healing output from all sources.
http://blue.mmo-champion.com/27/1911...s-confirm.html

Last edited by Way : 08-17-09 at 05:53 AM. Reason: To add Blue Post

11-04-09, 02:57 PM   #16
Loveli
A Murloc Raider
I have the gui disappearing problem too, I'm not sure when it started but it's not more than a week or two ago. I have 5.05.02 (plus), it happens most when I am flying my own mounts and if I tip the camera up or down the gui comes back. Pressing esc while the gui has disappeared does nothing and unless I can tip the camera to the correct angle to get the gui back, the only way to quit the game is to press the red x in top right of the window I play in. I play on a studio xps laptop with windows vista.

11-04-09, 04:13 PM   #17
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Any chance you pressed, or are accidentally hitting, Alt-V? That normally hides the user interface. Pressing it a second time brings it back.

11-05-09, 05:02 AM   #18
Seer
A Molten Giant
I haven't had this problem since I made my last post in this thread. I'm guessing another mod was being the problem and not nUI (or maybe a conflict between nUI and another mod).

Anyway, try updating every mod you have but I changed some mods since as well so no idea really on what the troublemaker is or was.

11-05-09, 06:08 AM   #19
Loveli
A Murloc Raider
Thanks for replying

Almost certain I'm not pressing Alt Z or V, but I'll check while I play today - and the gui comes back if I tilt the camera to some random angle.

Just a thought - I recently added NPCscan around the time this first happened, not sure if it was before or after but I've disabled it now so that might make a difference too.

11-12-09, 04:45 PM   #20
Loveli
A Murloc Raider
Not had this problem since disabling NPCscan so I'm guessing that was the issue

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Bug Reports » 2 small things