11-06-10, 09:51 PM   #1
Ither
A Firelord

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Alliance or Horde -- why so tough?

Any of you veterans ever have a feeling where you are tired of being Alliance and just want to switch to the dark side to have a different view of the game?

I'm starting to go through that **** and it's costing me more money each time. I did it once and then got suckered back for a friend who needed a tank to lead ICC. Of course that turned into total mess so I joined a top guild on my server and blew through ICC 10/25 like a fat kid eating cake.

Now I'm back to the same feeling-- wanting to go to Horde. I actually sent an app into one of the top guilds for horde on my realm to see if they were interested. They had an opening for a very skilled Tankadin to finish out their team and prepare for Cata.

I just don't know what to do. Part of me has a love for Alliance since it was my choice from the very first beta days of Vanilla-- but then part of me goes "You need some change-- a new scenery-- a new life!".

This is so damn tough LOL.
11-06-10, 10:28 PM   #2
Xubera
A Cobalt Mageweaver

i started Ally because my brother played alliance. I started playing around the release of SSC and started switching Horde just recently, around 3.3.5 i did a server xfer and faction changed one of my toons. And have spent 3.3.5 till now leveling new horde to populate my new server

▲ ▲ WoWInterface wont let me triforce >.>
11-06-10, 10:54 PM   #3
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

If you are merely going to faction change a maxed out toon you really aren't going to see much unless you run back through everything and grind quests. Raids are raids regardless of faction. Perhaps roll up an alt and just see the sights and experience the lore. That's my take on it anyway.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
11-06-10, 11:03 PM   #4
Ither
A Firelord

I pondered that thought myself-- actually messing around with a rogue =P
11-07-10, 12:37 AM   #5
Ferous
Sheer Sense of Doom
I actually was alliance for about a year, switched to horde for two years, and I've now been alliance again for over a year. I don't know if I will return, I might in Cataclysm but who knows

edit - I agree with MidgetMage. You should reroll entirely instead of switching. It tends to be very overwhelming, and I like to just reroll myself to get to know people and such so your not a stranger, and you know some people before hitting lv 80 or 85 :P
11-07-10, 01:58 AM   #6
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Your ****ing picture says "I am Horde!", so either change that or ****ing go Horde.

/cackle

Author of NPCScan and many other AddOns.
11-07-10, 02:10 AM   #7
Ither
A Firelord

Originally Posted by Torhal View Post
Your ****ing picture says "I am Horde!", so either change that or ****ing go Horde.

/cackle
HAhah--- EPIC man!

Horde must be some crazy wacko's!
11-07-10, 02:25 AM   #8
Ferous
Sheer Sense of Doom
Originally Posted by StormCalai View Post
HAhah--- EPIC man!

Horde must be some crazy wacko's!
HOrde tend to be more outrageous than Alliance :P Also, they are more proud
11-07-10, 04:45 AM   #9
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

You should've been there in the vanilla days to see the real horde. They went soft when BC launched and a flood of alliance players poured in because they all wanted to play BE's and dumbed-down the horde population.

Talking about the "old days" makes me think of a quote from Family Guy.
"I've seen some things, man, and some stuff. I wouldn't recommend it."
11-07-10, 09:40 PM   #10
Nuggs
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

lol I've always been horde. I have a few alliance characters, even played alliance for a while pre-bc. I just said, "I'm going this faction so you can play with me or I'll just camp you in game." That generally made all my friends switch from alliance to horde.
11-08-10, 05:22 AM   #11
carebear.
Banned

I started off as an alliance back in vanilla and I managed to level up a warrior to 36, all be it without defensive or beserker stance, but then my gaming friend got the game and wanted to play horde so I swapped over and played a shaman.

Years went past being a horde fan boy and I wanted to try alliance again about a year ago so I faction changed my current warrior and I joined a raiding guild for about 2 or 3 months before I got fed up of being alliance.

The only thing that I miss is the human racial but I can live without it. Horde is much more my personal preference now, and I will be going goblin as soon as it's available!
11-08-10, 08:19 AM   #12
tralkar
An Onyxian Warder

I play both, fun is when you forget what side your playing and run into the opposite sides town... LOL
11-08-10, 09:04 AM   #13
Coote
A Scalebane Royal Guard

I started a good 2-3 months before BC released, and was Alliance. Got bored, tried Horde, and until earlier this year, never looked back. Joined a reroll guild that fell apart shortly after, went back Horde, rerolled a few months later, abandoned the server and went back Horde, and now I'm over on Kirin Tor Alliance, and not looking back.

"This is the fifteen-thousandth four hundredth and ninety-eighth occurence".
11-08-10, 09:41 AM   #14
Limb0
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Torhal speaks the truth since his avatar proves that he's really Neil from the Young Ones.

11-08-10, 11:32 AM   #15
Redactatrix
A Defias Bandit
Alli or Horde? A noticeable difference.

I've been in the game for 5 years (yes, I have no life) and have toons on both sides, several servers. My preference is Horde, simply because Horde players just seem to be nicer people than Alli players. This is not to say that all Horde players are angels or all Alli are buttheads; I've met plenty of both who proved the 'exception to the rule' theory. But overall, Horde players seem to be more friendly and helpful, particularly to the newbs, than Alliance players.

As an Officer in my Horde guild I spend a lot of time helping new players get acclimated, and I see kindness and helpfulness every day from the more experienced players to the new ones. While I see this on the Alli side too, there seems to be noticeably more "F*ck you, punk, learn to play the game" attitude among Alli. I'm at a loss as to why this should be the case ... just my own observations.
11-08-10, 02:59 PM   #16
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Limb0 View Post
Torhal speaks the truth since his avatar proves that he's really Neil from the Young Ones.
...and here I thought that I was the only one who watched that show while growing up...

11-08-10, 09:18 PM   #17
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

...and here I thought that I was the only one who watched that show while growing up...
One of the few and the proud. Now get back in the kitchen and make the lentils.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
11-08-10, 09:37 PM   #18
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by tralkar View Post
I play both, fun is when you forget what side your playing and run into the opposite sides town... LOL
I second that motion.
I've done that at least twice.
Add a couple more if you count hearthing to the wrong tier in Shattrath because you forgot to set your hearth again after choosing which side to ally yourself to.
11-08-10, 11:10 PM   #19
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by MidgetMage55 View Post
One of the few and the proud. Now get back in the kitchen and make the lentils.
I'm too busy resting my head on the oven rack.

11-08-10, 11:32 PM   #20
FarseerLolotea
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I see two possibilities here:

1) Do what I do and play both factions.
2) Take the opportunity. (But wait until Cata and go tauren, of course. )

WoWInterface » General Discussion » General WoW Chat » Alliance or Horde -- why so tough?