06-04-10, 08:02 AM   #1
zanthia
A Murloc Raider
Looking for Aucton addion that assists with items not up for sale

Hey guys,

I recently discovered to my excitement there are addons that assists with posting items to the auction house making my life easier. But to my disappointment I haven't figured out if it's possible to match prices based on item level and type of item rather than name.

When I sell my stuff in the auction house I do the following:

1) Send myself a link to click on so that I don't have to remember the stats and level etc
2) Search for the type of item (ie cloth/leather/weapon)
3) Narrow the levels to 3-5 on each side of the item's wear level
4) See what kind of prices that kind of item sells for at that level
5) Match the market loosely based on the stats and what I know is needed for the type of item

The addons I've found seems to be doing a default low cost regardless of the items. There are so many armor pieces and rings etc. out there now that there's like 15 different variants of one single item, and having an addon comparing the item to only name just isn't working. In my 30 items that I have for sale, I found 3 existing auctions, the other items would've been set up at a minimal cost that I specify, and that leaves me at point 1 that I had without the addon.

Basically what I'd be looking for is an addon that does something like this:

- Create an additional tooltip showing the item currently put in the Auctions tab, making it possible to compare with the item I'm looking at in the Browse tab
- Configurable search criteria and filters so that it'll always search for the type of item and the level range of # each way automatically
- If I could change the matching criteria to only hit the item, rather than what kind of item (ie not "of the Bandit") that would probably help too.

I may just not have looked at the available auction addons long enough, but I got the feeling that those are better for when you have a pretty good idea what you're selling, and something that's generally sold a lot, like Trade Goods etc. But for my random set of looted items throughout leveling, I couldn't figure out a good way of doing it to match market without the exact items being up for sale.

Is there any addon that do one or more of these things or is it even possible?

Thanks!

-Zanthia
06-04-10, 09:11 AM   #2
rb3555
A Defias Bandit
There are addons that do some of what you want - Auctioneer some to mind (probably because it's what I use). What can be frustrating is that it's recommended pricing is based on scans is does of the AH. You need to open the AH window and initiate the scan and it will save what is for sale at what prices. The more often you do this, the better the data.

When you want to create an auction for, say, "Banded Girdle of the Bear", it will recommend a price based on "Banded Girdle*" items. Of course, some "of the"s are more popular than others and sell for a better price. It will also recommend a price based on the vendor sell price, item level, and a couple other factors. You can have this information put into the item's tooltip as well.

As always, the best way to understand the power of the addon is to read the available documentation. There is a lot of that on their website: http://www.auctioneeraddon.com/

CHeers!
06-09-10, 05:17 PM   #3
zanthia
A Murloc Raider
Thanks, I tried Auctioneer but I may not have looked close enough, it did not find much to go on for pricing when I tried it, only generally gave a basis 3x vendor price, which rarely matched similar leveled items for sale. But then again, imo the prices has gotten way too high so maybe not so bad to sell stuff at a reasonable price again.

Thanks for your response, I'll have another look at it.
06-14-10, 05:16 AM   #4
nickyjean
Premium Member
Premium Member
Maybe QuickAuction might work out for you more. I was gonna explain stuff but I might forget alot.. rather ck out the tutorial on youtube.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Looking for Aucton addion that assists with items not up for sale