08-04-11, 12:28 AM   #1
Siigari
A Murloc Raider
Want more than 24 power aura configs per effect slot

I am about to begin work on an incredibly intense mod that requires more than 24 slots per "character effect" slot.

At the very least I'll need at LEAST 240. Possibly up to 400. Is there any way I can configure Power Aura for more? Or is there another program that does what Power Aura does, but with more slots or better or anything?

Thanks!
08-04-11, 03:47 AM   #2
xandora
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

You could try Weak Auras.
08-04-11, 08:59 AM   #3
Meorawr
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I was thinking about dropping the limit entirely and letting people just have however many pages of auras they feel like, but I'm wondering as to why you're going to need 240-400. That's pretty much overkill.
08-04-11, 11:18 AM   #4
Greevir
A Cyclonian

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by xandora View Post
You could try Weak Auras.
This. Was a Power Aura user for a long time then gave WeakAuras a try. Have used it ever since.
08-04-11, 02:13 PM   #5
Siigari
A Murloc Raider
I'm trying to make a total conversion UI overhaul. Basically, I'm attempting to re-make the WoW UI into the EVE Online UI. (lol) But seriously, having like an overview to click enemies on, a capacitor (mana) circle and HP half-circle, stuff like that.

Spells that are active, etc. Stuff like that. Most of the auras would have been the capacitor bar ticking down mana percentages. But yeah, maybe some advice would be helpful ;D
08-05-11, 11:51 AM   #6
Meorawr
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Siigari View Post
But yeah, maybe some advice would be helpful ;D
I can't really give advice on what'd need changing for infinite auras to work in the 4.x codebase, it's a "bit" different to how auras are handled in our 5.x one and I'm currently disassembling a very dead PC so that I can be told whether or not my PSU did (or hopefully did not) blow everything else up when it died. No access to WoW for maybe another week or two in the best case scenario (and I can only play Minecraft at 3 FPS, the horror!).

Honestly I'd say give WeakAuras a shot if you're interested. If it works for you, then great

It'd be even better if it did work out and you could tell me what features I should steal/look into creatively borrowing

Last edited by Meorawr : 08-05-11 at 11:54 AM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Want more than 24 power aura configs per effect slot