10-15-08, 11:01 PM   #1141
mscott998
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
equipment compare

can you add an equipment compare for when looting mobs, help to see if it is an actual upgrade or not. thanks alot cant wait until Nui is back up and running

i hate Blizz default ui and none other compares to Nui.

10-16-08, 12:01 AM   #1142
Soggydoughnuts
A Murloc Raider
Finally! An amazing UI that actually has a creator that is here to support it!

I have completly given up on mazzle and cant wait for the next release of this! I can not stand using Blizzards UI and am stuck with the only full featured UI that is ported for 3.0 right now and well to say the least.... it sucks!

I really need a fully featured UI and this is what I was looking for. I will keep checking for your updates hope to see it launched soon!

Good Luck!

-Donuts

10-16-08, 01:22 PM   #1143
Tegarbah
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Old NUI Arrangement

I have been hesitant to get the updates since Beta 1.08 due to the rearrangement of the panel (party frames, button bars, minimap). I've been a little confused at looking at the screen shots as they seem to be different from each other. My biggest concern has been the apparent removal of the minimap. Where did it go? Would it be a huge amount of work to create a working NUI with the old arrangement?

Regardless, I love NUI and am anxiously awaiting a working WOTLK version.

10-16-08, 03:06 PM   #1144
bakes82
A Fallenroot Satyr
So hows the progress?
Any chance of getting a release where we can just see hot buttons , i dont need anything else atm but trying to play w/out my ui just blows

10-16-08, 04:55 PM   #1145
Dahon
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Tegarbah View Post
I have been hesitant to get the updates since Beta 1.08 due to the rearrangement of the panel (party frames, button bars, minimap). I've been a little confused at looking at the screen shots as they seem to be different from each other. My biggest concern has been the apparent removal of the minimap. Where did it go? Would it be a huge amount of work to create a working NUI with the old arrangement?

Regardless, I love NUI and am anxiously awaiting a working WOTLK version.
The minimap lives in the bottom right section of the UI. By clicking the little red button on the bottom right, you can cycle through the minimap, omen, recount, and the zone map.

10-16-08, 04:56 PM   #1146
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Just to update everyone on my progress... I *think* I have all of the key changes fixed now with the singular exception of getting the panel switching logic to work.

nUI now loads without error on patch 3.0.2, however, it does not display unit frames, the info panel, the HUD or the button bag -- these are *all* the same problem... getting my head wrapped around the new secure frame logic.

I am hopeful of having a release out for closed beta testing to the nUI supporters sometime Saturday. This will go out via e-mail directly to all nUI supporters and language translators. I strongly suspect this first closed test release will be less than stellar, but it should be playable. Hopefully I'll be able to do another update by Sunday night to hammer out the key bugs we find Saturday and Sunday.

If I can keep that schedule, then I'll be aiming for a public release of Beta 3 by a week from this Saturday. Once that's out, I'll get started on the new features for WotLK (vehicle panel, etc.)

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

10-16-08, 05:20 PM   #1147
Soggydoughnuts
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
Just to update everyone on my progress... I *think* I have all of the key changes fixed now with the singular exception of getting the panel switching logic to work.

nUI now loads without error on patch 3.0.2, however, it does not display unit frames, the info panel, the HUD or the button bag -- these are *all* the same problem... getting my head wrapped around the new secure frame logic.

I am hopeful of having a release out for closed beta testing to the nUI supporters sometime Saturday. This will go out via e-mail directly to all nUI supporters and language translators. I strongly suspect this first closed test release will be less than stellar, but it should be playable. Hopefully I'll be able to do another update by Sunday night to hammer out the key bugs we find Saturday and Sunday.

If I can keep that schedule, then I'll be aiming for a public release of Beta 3 by a week from this Saturday. Once that's out, I'll get started on the new features for WotLK (vehicle panel, etc.)

Oh so long to wait!, but I know it will be worth it. I have to try and play with bliz for the next week :-(

-Donuts

10-16-08, 10:15 PM   #1148
Kailef
A Fallenroot Satyr

Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
I strongly suspect this first closed test release will be less than stellar, but it should be playable.
That's why it's an alpha release. Don't put yourself down. :-) Besides, programming isn't what it once was - I remember a time when software was released, and it was "done". No patches, no updates, done. (Does this give my age away? Hee, hee.) In an environment such as WoW, with so much stuff to deal with and an API that could surely be accurately described as a 'moving target', you're definitely ahead of the game.

10-17-08, 06:25 AM   #1149
Sloth
An Aku'mai Servant
Uh, guess i have to respec to a less complicated talent tree.

No way to manage all the dots as afflliction w/o nUI

10-17-08, 07:49 AM   #1150
Rynas
A Kobold Labourer
Hi folks.

I have been using Mazzle for atelast a year, and while I really like its look and feel then I have been tired of the hazzle and lack of upgrades/support when Blizzards decides to change things. At ".4 I had to go in and do a lot of programming myself to make it work again.

Now with 3.0.2 MazzleUI is ofc broken again, so I set out to find somekind of lasting replacement, and by the look of it nUI might be the answer. It remains to be seen, becausee as soon as a working update is released, I'll jump right on it and see how it works - I'll even send you a (much needed it seems) donation for it.

I have one question though: On the screenshots you have a shot from a 10 man karazhan raid. How does it look in a 25 or even 40 man raid? And while my main toon is a hunter, as it seem to be the case for the test person on the screenshots, I do have other toons, incl. a T5 geared priest. What is the in-build support for healer classes in nUI? Eg. Grid, Decursive etc. like behaviour?

Rynas

10-17-08, 08:58 AM   #1151
Jungleanimal
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Rynas,

Do yourself a favor when the 3.02 version of nUI is released and remove all of your mods and WTF folder and start from scratch. Install just nUI into your addons folder and load WoW. You will be amazed at how fast it loads and how much value you get out of one single addon folder. Then you can move on and add the updated versions of the other mods you like to use one by one to complement your nUI. That is what I did and I love it. Look at a couple of my raiding screenshots from earlier posts to see the stuff I added and how it looks. Anyway, it's just a suggestion and a fresh approach with a fresh UI after dumping mazzle like i did.

I'm in the same boat as everyone else right now, I winced, took a beer out of the refrigerator, bit down and swallowed hard, when I had to raid the other night with the default UI.

Jungle

10-17-08, 12:39 PM   #1152
Evilmoo
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

i looking forward to see the update of this mod, trying to find something appropriate to replace my broken Photekui, this looks like a nice choice.

10-18-08, 02:36 AM   #1153
brentstabler
A Murloc Raider
nice

Hello, new to the forums and wanted to let you know that i have not even used your UI yet but i will be as soon as the next one comes out. All i can say is, is that it looks very VERY nice.. did a good job on it keep up the good work.

10-18-08, 02:00 PM   #1154
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Eureka!

After a solid week of messing with the new secure model API, and with some invaluable feedback from Alestane and Iriel, I've finally gotten to where I think I actually know what I'm doing with the secure frames now and I now have the button bag open/close working... all that remains is to transfer what I've learned there to the unit frame panels, the info panels and the HUD panels.

It'll probably take me a couple or three hours to make all of the code changes and test them to be sure they're working and I'll be sending out the first crack at a 3.02 compatible version of nUI to the people on the closed test e-mail list (nUI supporters and translators).

I'm a few hours behind the schedule I wanted to be on, but I'm confident I'll have a working version of nUI ready for use tonight.

10-18-08, 02:44 PM   #1155
Firestarzas
A Murloc Raider
Wonderful news! If only I knew what it would be like (never used it before, been on Mazzle till now) I would contribute immediately to get the beta sent to the contributors. However, the wise choise is to see what it looks like first, and then only contribute.

Hope it's as good as I have seen (screenshots and posts on here). Cannot wait for this to go live

Good luck

10-18-08, 04:34 PM   #1156
Jungleanimal
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Woo Hoo!

I think the bananas are the best part of this forum.

Jungle

Last edited by Jungleanimal : 10-18-08 at 04:36 PM.

10-18-08, 09:48 PM   #1157
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Exclamation nUI Beta 3 -- Alpha 3.00.00 closed test release has just been e-mailed...

The first alpha release of nUI Beta 3 -- compatible with WoW 3.0.2 -- has just been e-mailed to all nUI supporters and language translators. Please note this is a restricted test release and is not available for public download. Please note: if you have made a contribution to support nUI, then your copy of the Beta 3 alpha was sent to the e-mail address associated with your PayPal account.

Please note, as well, that this release has known issues (see the patch notes) but should be relatively stable. Please post bug reports at http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=16845 if possible, or on any of the nUI comment boards if you must. You can also contact me via e-mail at [email protected]

I expect there will be a fair number of bug reports in the next 24 hours. I will attend to them as quickly as I can and send out an update Sunday night or early Monday morning to the supporter list, again via e-mail. I will also attempt to fix the issues with the player cast auras and player cooldown displays in the HUD for that update. As soon as the Beta 3 looks stable, I'll make a public release... I'm aiming for this coming Saturday.

How you can help support nUI's continue development: I am currently trying to recover from 14 months of unemployment and with with over $20,000 in debt (unpaid mortgage payments, loans, etc.), every penny makes a serious difference. Your contribution of $5, $10, $20 or more to support the ongoing development of nUI would be greatly appreciated. Click here to make a donation now, please?! Lastly, please vote for nUI and add it to your favorites list... it helps nUI get more exposure. Thanks for your support!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Known Issues:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Player (de)buffs cast on target are not showing in the HUD

* Player cooldowns are not showing in the HUD

* Enabling the "Use UI Scale" option in the Bliz video configuration menu blows up
nUI's layout and scaling. For now... just uncheck this option until I can fix it.

* Some action buttons highlight as invalid/unavailable when they shouldn't... hunter's
feed pet button, rogue's distract, etc.

* Carbonite is having issues updating the directional arrow when the minimap and/or
battlefield minimap is hidden in the info panel

* Poison Pouch mod minimap button is missed by button bag

* Alpha Map minimap button is not scaling correctly in button bag

* Swap XP/Faction bars and lower action bars

To-Do List

* Add WotLK features (vehicle panels, etc.) prior to 11/13/08 release of WotLK

* The 15, 20, 25 and 40 man raid panels are not in the pre-release... both because I am
not quite satisfied with them and, again, I'm trying to not have to fix everything at
once... make sure the core stuff is all working, then add the bells and whistles if
you understand.

* Add Threat Bar back

* Add sorting of raid unit frames by raid group and class

* Add font size options for Chat and Combat log frames

* Add totem timers

* Add keybindings for button bag, unit panel, info panel and hud layout buttons

* Add automatic unit panel switching for raids/parties, etc. (and an override option)

* Add audio cues for cooldowns, cc breaks, etc.

* Add DruidManaBar type functionality to unit frames

* Add 2v2, 3v3 and 5v5 unit frame panels for arena play

* Add Proximo functionality to unit frames for arena unit panels

* Add durability, wardrobe manager, ammo tracker and gold tracker to console buttons

* Add autobar style support for quest items, food/drink/pots, mounts, vanity pets

* Add option to set location precision to zero decimal places on coordinate display

Version 3.00.00 (Alpha)

* Ported Beta 2 to WoW 3.02

Last edited by spiel2001 : 10-18-08 at 09:50 PM.

10-18-08, 10:03 PM   #1158
Tehryn
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

quick test

Can't do a lot of testing atm as Khaz'Goroth is suffering from heaps of lag (still!). But first impressions: NOT enabling "Use UI Scale" blows up nUI for me. Minimap itself not present, but the Zoom in/out, tracker and worldmap buttons are there but not working.

Even so it's GREAT to have it back. Thanks mate!

"Slight variations in spelling and grammar may have been added in order to enhance this post's individual character and beauty, and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects"
[0x81BEB11E]

10-18-08, 10:09 PM   #1159
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by Tehryn View Post
Can't do a lot of testing atm as Khaz'Goroth is suffering from heaps of lag (still!). But first impressions: NOT enabling "Use UI Scale" blows up nUI for me. Minimap itself not present, but the Zoom in/out, tracker and worldmap buttons are there but not working.

Even so it's GREAT to have it back. Thanks mate!
Tehryn --

If/when you get a chance... try disabling all other mods and see if it works... it may be a conflict with Omen, Recount, or something of that nature. Sounds like the info panel is blowing up -- I have *not* tested with any third party mods prior to this alpha release, so I would bet that's the problem.

I might also suggest installing Swatter and capturing the error messages... if you can do that and e-mail me the first couple of errors in the list, that would be worth its weight in gold... [email protected]

If you can't find Swatter, drop me an e-mail and I'll send you back a copy.

10-18-08, 10:13 PM   #1160
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Patrick G... if you're out there, your b7um@ e-mail address bounced as "rejected by recipient domain -- I'll need another e-mail address I can use

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » nUI -- A full feature standalone UI replacement