01-09-09, 07:51 AM   #2301
Uksub
A Kobold Labourer
Screenie in 10 and 25 man

Hey, I like the look of this!

I heal and am interested to see the interface with a raid grp, both 10 and 25 man - any screenies folks? I currently run Domino and Pitbull and really appreciate the ability to move everything, scale everything and generally place stuff in easy-to-get-at places on the screen.

Cheers
'Sub
PS have read some but obviously not all posts, maybe there is already a link or two in amongst these pages to grabs, apologies in advance if so

01-09-09, 08:27 AM   #2302
KiwiiDawn
A Black Drake
Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
The garbage collector is part of WoW and the "garbage" is the memory that the WoW UI and your mods have used and discarded because they didn't need it anymore. It's the garbage collector's job to gather up all of the discarded memory blocks that are no longer in use and make them available to the UI or other mods that may need them.
Thanks you very much for the explain. I have same issues but then also my vid card went bad a few week ago and running on very slow card sadly can't play right now do to it much. I get like 5fps to 10 solo, and still trying to play lol. the funny part it I was seeing people complain there fps were in the 30's and thought that they were nut to complain. I tryed playing with just blizz and got same thing so knew it was not nUI doing it thought it was just my computer going bad

01-09-09, 10:44 AM   #2303
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
There are a couple of 10 man examples on the main page for the mod ( http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info9108-nUI.html ) though they are a little bit dated, the 10 man panel hasn't changed much other than to have increased the size of the health and mana bars a bit.

There is not a 25 man panel at this time though nUI is compatible with Grid which is what most nUI users are currently using for larger raids. Having just recently tracked down the FPS leak nUI was experiencing, I do expect to add support for 15/20/25 and 40 man raids very soon.

That said... I like how you start by saying you like the look of this and finish by saying how you like to move everything around (which would make it not look like this anymore) ~grin~

Yes... I'm pulling your chain ~lol~

Originally Posted by Uksub View Post
Hey, I like the look of this!

I heal and am interested to see the interface with a raid grp, both 10 and 25 man - any screenies folks? I currently run Domino and Pitbull and really appreciate the ability to move everything, scale everything and generally place stuff in easy-to-get-at places on the screen.

Cheers
'Sub
PS have read some but obviously not all posts, maybe there is already a link or two in amongst these pages to grabs, apologies in advance if so

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

01-09-09, 11:45 AM   #2304
bakes82
A Fallenroot Satyr
Would it be possible to add a button/frame for Grid/Heal Bot insted of writing your own custom raid frames?. I like the current party/10man setup but trying to fit more than that in those windows is going to be rough. Why not just add another frame that uses the entire player/group/map area and have grid/healbot go there?

01-09-09, 12:04 PM   #2305
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by bakes82 View Post
Would it be possible to add a button/frame for Grid/Heal Bot insted of writing your own custom raid frames?. I like the current party/10man setup but trying to fit more than that in those windows is going to be rough. Why not just add another frame that uses the entire player/group/map area and have grid/healbot go there?
Well.. first of all... because it is the intent and policy of nUI that it does not use third party mods or require them for its basic functionality. Second, requiring Grid for raids increases load on the system since nUI already embodies everything that's needed to manage unit frames, requiring a second unit frame mod to raid would double the load or worse. Third, adding Grid does not alter the fact that the unit frames it shows have to be located on the screen somewhere and wherever I choose to locate those unit frames I could have just as easily put my own unit frames in that same place, so it doesn't actually save anything.

But I do appreciate the feedback, don't get me wrong, I'm just being devil's advocate.

01-09-09, 12:24 PM   #2306
Alarra
A Murloc Raider
Thanks for clarifying the issue. The reason I say "memory leak" is that is what my system is telling me when i crash. it's a "cannot access memory" error and sends it to microsoft. The problem is this, it's not showing up as a game crash in my vista control panel for fixes to errors so I dont know the exact problem. if I could go into the error reports and see why WoW is crashing I could get a better handle on it. Like I said in my last post though, I'm going to disable the stat addon that switched omen/recount on combat and see if that is the problem.

01-09-09, 12:37 PM   #2307
spiel2001
nUI's Author

OKay -- if you're getting a "cannot access memory" error from Vista and WoW is not producing an error log, then you're looking at a much larger problem which is not related to any of your mods... either its a huge WoW bug which is causing a memory address violation (like a nil memory pointer) or you have a physical memory error in your computer -- bad memory chip, a paging fault, cache file problems, etc. One way or the other, the symptoms you described here are those of a computer problem and not a Mod or WoW problem.

Originally Posted by Alarra View Post
Thanks for clarifying the issue. The reason I say "memory leak" is that is what my system is telling me when i crash. it's a "cannot access memory" error and sends it to microsoft. The problem is this, it's not showing up as a game crash in my vista control panel for fixes to errors so I dont know the exact problem. if I could go into the error reports and see why WoW is crashing I could get a better handle on it. Like I said in my last post though, I'm going to disable the stat addon that switched omen/recount on combat and see if that is the problem.

01-09-09, 12:40 PM   #2308
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Alarra View Post
Do you have any text files located in \World of Warcraft\Errors ?

01-09-09, 02:12 PM   #2309
bakes82
A Fallenroot Satyr
How about a quick mod that would make the entire group/map/raid window all black/blank so we could overlay whatever raid mods we wanted down there and not take up viewing space =) or to get them in the other unit window

Well.. first of all... because it is the intent and policy of nUI that it does not use third party mods or require them for its basic functionality. Second, requiring Grid for raids increases load on the system since nUI already embodies everything that's needed to manage unit frames, requiring a second unit frame mod to raid would double the load or worse. Third, adding Grid does not alter the fact that the unit frames it shows have to be located on the screen somewhere and wherever I choose to locate those unit frames I could have just as easily put my own unit frames in that same place, so it doesn't actually save anything.

But I do appreciate the feedback, don't get me wrong, I'm just being devil's advocate.

01-09-09, 02:24 PM   #2310
spiel2001
nUI's Author

How about a quick mod that would make the entire group/map/raid window all black/blank so we could overlay whatever raid mods we wanted down there and not take up viewing space =) or to get them in the other unit window
Fully disabling the unit frames would break nUI because of the way it's all integrated.

01-09-09, 02:27 PM   #2311
mscott998
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

i like this idea as well. but i understand the idea behind the additional rais frames that are in work.

the thing is that clique is not at all like healbot and healbot is rather easy to set up and position. i will still use healbot even after the additional raid frames are implemented. my healbot in 40 man takes up the entire left side of my screen, it is not bad at all because i still have the main hud area free.

Unfortunately i don't have the knowledge to add a module that has the blank info panel or i would have attempted it already.

Something blank with the map in the upper left or right corner would be really nice until the additional raid frames are implemented. but it is not necessary. i can work with what we have.

01-09-09, 03:26 PM   #2312
AsheruWolf
Premium Member

Premium Member
Fully disabling the unit frames would break nUI because of the way it's all integrated.
Is there a way to setup where you keep the frames from jumping into raid or party mode even once you are in a party or raid?

Mainly I ask cause I go back to the solo mode anyway while using Grid to heal because click to cast will not use the party frames for the raid interface built into nUI. No offense intended to you spiel2001 I just use it for my main two heals.

Last edited by AsheruWolf : 01-09-09 at 03:32 PM.

01-09-09, 03:49 PM   #2313
neuralassassin
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Alarra I recently had a memory issue also worst thing about them is there is so many diffrent things it could be. In my case it turned out to be the memory speed that was off do to overclocking so checking your bios settings would be a good start hope that helps any questions ill do the best I can to answer them
Are you getting a blue screen of death or just ending the application?

01-09-09, 05:53 PM   #2314
Tehryn
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

Latency problems?

For those who are experiencing latency problems in Northrend (like, all of us lol) and quietly thinking that nUI could be the culprit, here's a blue post:

Nethaera: For the last several weeks, our players have been experiencing periodic latency in both outdoor Northrend areas and Naxxramas, and we wanted to provide you with several updates on what we’re doing to resolve these issues. As many players have discovered, the outdoor Northrend latency has been tied to activity in Wintergrasp. We are actively working on a server-side fix that should address the high latency experienced in the outdoor world when Wintergrasp is active. This fix is currently in testing on internal test realms and we anticipate that we’ll be able to push it to live realms in the near future. Concerning Naxxramas, optimizations are being made that will address both the latency and disconnection issues affecting players while in that zone. These optimizations will be included with the next minor content patch.

We appreciate your patience as we work to address these issues.
Amazing, they don't even recommend to delete /interface and /wtf lol!

"Slight variations in spelling and grammar may have been added in order to enhance this post's individual character and beauty, and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects"
[0x81BEB11E]

01-10-09, 02:30 AM   #2315
spiritwulf
A Cobalt Mageweaver

DO so many people really have that many problems with clique? I run clique with nUI and have almsot zero problems with it. Probably the only issue i have is that the self and target frames are very specific where you can click on them. Other than that clique works great. I await with bated breath for the large raid versions to be implemented and make nUI that much easier to work with.

One thing i have noticed is that nUI isnt obviously logical in how it places people within the raid frames. For example you would expect group 1 to take up the left raid pane and group 2 to take up the right frame in 10man mode. Instead it seems people are randomly scattered to either frame and mixed together. Ive been noticing this in 25mans and havnt thought to check it in a 10man yet. Possibly because things arnt 'right' atm due to no support for 25man raids at this time? or is it just me? lol
not for pleasure
but for survival

01-10-09, 09:36 AM   #2316
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Without getting into all of the painful and boring nit and grit of it, WoW does not sort raid members by any particular order... they're just raid1 through raid40 and there's no rhyme or reason to it (class, raid group, level, etc). nUI does not yet support raid sorting (it's on the to-do list) so in the raid panels you are seeing the raid members in the order of their raid number as WoW presents it. I am working on sorting by class and by raid group.

As far as click-casting goes, everyon once and a while I'll get a report from someone that it isn't working for them, but ever since I worked with Clique's author to be sure I was setting my unit frames up correctly, I have never had a report that turned out to be nUI's fault. If people are having click casting issues, it's pretty much always a configuration issue.

That said, I am aware that there are some dead zones in the unit frames for click casting, targeting and menus. This seems to be a relatively new bug -- I think I introduced it by accident when I was trying to remove the mouse functions from the DK runes -- and I'm working on tracking it down and fixing it.

Originally Posted by spiritwulf View Post
DO so many people really have that many problems with clique? I run clique with nUI and have almsot zero problems with it. Probably the only issue i have is that the self and target frames are very specific where you can click on them. Other than that clique works great. I await with bated breath for the large raid versions to be implemented and make nUI that much easier to work with.

One thing i have noticed is that nUI isnt obviously logical in how it places people within the raid frames. For example you would expect group 1 to take up the left raid pane and group 2 to take up the right frame in 10man mode. Instead it seems people are randomly scattered to either frame and mixed together. Ive been noticing this in 25mans and havnt thought to check it in a 10man yet. Possibly because things arnt 'right' atm due to no support for 25man raids at this time? or is it just me? lol

01-10-09, 02:05 PM   #2317
Rayven01
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

I really like this UI, however there's one thing that's bugging me and hurting my raid performance. I really dislike the buttons being overlayed with dark blue for spells/abilities that cannot be used (in my DK's case due to lack of runic power). They are so dark that very often you cannot even tell what icon is underneath. The red when you are out of range, and the gray when they are on cooldown are almost as bad. Is there a way to configure the opacity of these color overlays?

01-10-09, 02:19 PM   #2318
spiel2001
nUI's Author

For now, the only way to do that would be to edit [ Interface > AddOns > nUI > Bars > nUI_Button.lua ] -- the code to set button colors is there...

Code:
                    if not is_usable then 
                        button.layers.icon:SetDesaturated( nil );
                        button.layers.icon:SetVertexColor( 0.35, 0.35, 0.35, 1 );
                    elseif is_oor then
                        local color = nUI_ButtonColors["OOR"] or nUI_DefaultConfig.ButtonColors["OOR"];
                        button.layers.icon:SetVertexColor( color.r, color.g, color.b, 1 );
                    elseif is_oom then
                        local color = nUI_ButtonColors["OOM"] or nUI_DefaultConfig.ButtonColors["OOM"];
                        button.layers.icon:SetVertexColor( color.r, color.g, color.b, 1 );
                    else
                        button.layers.icon:SetVertexColor( 1, 1, 1, 1 );
                    end
The SetVertexColor method is the one you care about and the four arguments to it are the red, green, blue and alpha (transparency) in that order.

EDIT: PS... you get the award for being the first person to have commented on those colors ~lol~

EDIT 2: I would love to hear an explanation of how the color of a button you cannot use is hurting your raid performance... that's a serious question as it might help me better understand how the UI is being used.

Originally Posted by Rayven01 View Post
I really like this UI, however there's one thing that's bugging me and hurting my raid performance. I really dislike the buttons being overlayed with dark blue for spells/abilities that cannot be used (in my DK's case due to lack of runic power). They are so dark that very often you cannot even tell what icon is underneath. The red when you are out of range, and the gray when they are on cooldown are almost as bad. Is there a way to configure the opacity of these color overlays?

Last edited by spiel2001 : 01-10-09 at 02:52 PM.

01-10-09, 03:38 PM   #2319
Rayven01
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Thanks. What I ended up doing was changing the default colors at the top of the file instead of messing directly with the code you quoted:

Code:
nUI_DefaultConfig.ButtonColors =
{
	["OOR"]  = { r = 1, g = 0.25, b = 0.25 },
	["OOM"]  = { r = 0.5, g = 0.5, b = 1 },
	["CDC1"] = { r = 1, g = 1, b = 0 },
	["CDC2"] = { r = 1, g = 0.6, b = 0.6 },
}
Works great now

01-10-09, 07:14 PM   #2320
spiritwulf
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Without getting into all of the painful and boring nit and grit of it, WoW does not sort raid members by any particular order... they're just raid1 through raid40 and there's no rhyme or reason to it (class, raid group, level, etc). nUI does not yet support raid sorting (it's on the to-do list) so in the raid panels you are seeing the raid members in the order of their raid number as WoW presents it. I am working on sorting by class and by raid group.

As far as click-casting goes, everyon once and a while I'll get a report from someone that it isn't working for them, but ever since I worked with Clique's author to be sure I was setting my unit frames up correctly, I have never had a report that turned out to be nUI's fault. If people are having click casting issues, it's pretty much always a configuration issue.

That said, I am aware that there are some dead zones in the unit frames for click casting, targeting and menus. This seems to be a relatively new bug -- I think I introduced it by accident when I was trying to remove the mouse functions from the DK runes -- and I'm working on tracking it down and fixing it.
Isnt that what i said? hehehe
Dealing with dead spots when using clique is nothing new, ive been dealing with it ever since it came out, you just get used to it.
Thanks for the detailed explanation though. And it is once again blizzards fault, snicker.
not for pleasure
but for survival

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » nUI -- A full feature standalone UI replacement