11-10-14, 11:56 AM   #261
brownmit
A Murloc Raider
Carbonite Native maps Conflict

Rythal,

Thanks for all your incredible work on this. I was a software developer in a previous life, and while I was sorely tempted to jump in and learn LUA (i'm still thinking about it) to contribute, I'm afraid my ramp-up time would render my assistance here useless.

That said...I've been watching religiously your status updates on this thread. I took a git clone so i could track progress and updates easily, and with the last update on quests working I updated my setup to check it out. I've run into two issues that I've tried to diagnose.
  1. Whenever carbonite is enabled (I disabled ALL other addons to verify this), regardless of whether or not the quest module is enabled, there's some oddity with respect to the native maps. Specifically, the easy way to see this is to disable the quest module and press L to bring up the native quest/map interface. At this point you can't click the top bar navigation anymore to move around the native maps/quest interface. If carbonite is disabled, everything is fine, but when it is enabled this happens, and it seems like there's something phantom clicking the bar almost constantly.
  1. I have one toon doing questing where I'm testing the carbonite setup; I tend to use the wow-pro addon for leveling, and my toon is in Pawdon village at level 85. When wow-pro sends its tomtom requests through the compatibility mode, the pointers get sent out in the middle of the ocean somewhere useless. If I disable carbonite and activate TomTom they work, so something seems to be getting lost in the translation somewhere. I can't prove it but I suspect its in the tomtom emulation component.
At this point, these aren't a big deal but I figured you'd like to know about them. I particularly suspect that the root cause of the first issue might spill over into some of the other issues you are working.

Now that you have a git setup are you planning on enabling a bug/ticket portal (or does one exist already that I don't know about).

As always, thanks for working so hard to keep the best WOW addon ever alive!

11-10-14, 12:24 PM   #262
kleb0nas
A Kobold Labourer
Hi Rythal , first of all , I want to say BIG thank you for your work!! Amazing ,how much Carbonite means to players around the world! I am not an exception ) I don't want to keep writing about how much your work is important to us and etc...so,
I have one question about questing with this "beta" version you gave us : I can't take or give back finished quest (to NPC) in any way. Is this all about "beta" version or smth i am missing?
best regards ,
Mindaugas
(btw, donation = done )

11-10-14, 12:31 PM   #263
edcaguy
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Archy

I have zygor guides tomtom and carbonite. When I set archy to use tomtom I get sent to muglor to dig but when i get there its not a dig site. Don't know if its tomtom or the mapping of carbonite. If carbonite is saying what zones are where and its wrong I'm guessing It's messed up too. I got my files from git 11/9.

I have not disabled other addons and will do that to be sure.

11-10-14, 12:40 PM   #264
Ladi
A Defias Bandit
Question Not reconizing Git download?

Patiently awaiting the official version, but missing my maps terribly, so I downloaded the git version after deleting the old carbonite folder from add-ons, but now I have no carbonite whatsoever. If I look at the addons folder it is there, but in game it's not in my add-ons list nor is it recognized when I do /carbonite. Did I install wrong or is there another issue? Btw Rythal, THANK YOU for updating carbonite, it was the first thing my brothers who introduced me to WoW told me to download and I have used it ever since and miss it dreadfully when it's down. Keep up the great work!

11-10-14, 12:50 PM   #265
Svegan
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

if you downloaded the zip, and opened it, then it created a folder named carbonite-master. copy the folders inside of carbonite-master to your addon folder, after you remove all of the old carbonite folders from the addon folder. if you just put carbonite-master in the addon folder, then you will NOT see the new carbonite.

11-10-14, 01:06 PM   #266
Ladi
A Defias Bandit
Thank you, Svegan! Worked like a charm.

11-10-14, 03:02 PM   #267
[email protected]
A Murloc Raider
Rythal - First off thanks for all your hard work, I like many others here have relied on Carbonite since the beginning - I was once a paid subscriber, thanks for taking up this big project.

Now on to business - I know you plan to make Carbonite modular, I loaded it up today and played around with it while questing on my little newb. With that being said I turned off questing to test it with blizzards built in watch frame - I didn't seem to get any reaction from the carbonite maps with questing turned off, just a map, no tracking at all on the carbonite maps it's as if no quests existed. Is this intended? In order to track quests on the Carbonite map, do I have to have Carbonite quests turned on.

If this is the case can't it be argued that one without the other is rather pointless? Carbonite maps are just a map without being able to use it for questing. yes your maps are second to none, but what makes them great has always been finding things on the maps with them - such as quests, counter point could be that if I want to quest just use carbonite quests, but it seems as if your carbonite quest log is a bit buggy atm which is why I wanted to use blizzards.

Also I do like the appearance of the simplicity of blizzards, any way we can make skins that may mimic the blizzard default look, yet have the built in carbonite functionality?

11-10-14, 03:04 PM   #268
[email protected]
A Murloc Raider
Also I started using an addon called Dugi quest essential which does a lot of great things for questing. such as auto quest item pick up... any way that can be added into the add on as part of your auto quest accept and turn in module?

It also automatically selects upgrades and/or most valueble to sell -- I've enjoyed it just a few other things to mention.

11-10-14, 03:22 PM   #269
edcaguy
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I really like reading quest text so i don't like auto accept or auto turn in but I do like item suguest. though I already have an addon for that so I would not need that. Did have a question where the option to make the red trail last longer and stay on screen longer could not find in options. I like herbing and nice to know I not going over same path over and over in a short time.

11-10-14, 04:56 PM   #270
samyonair
A Frostmaul Preserver

Update 4 de Language

Hi Users specially to german users , Guten Abend :-)

My translations are mostly finished only the discriptions in Options.lua are missing, I Hope I can finish it this evening.

If someone would help to read over would be nice :-)

I have posted the github link in the Localization Forums.

Greetings / Grüße Samyonair

11-10-14, 05:42 PM   #271
Svegan
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by Ladi View Post
Thank you, Svegan! Worked like a charm.
you are very welcome. so far, it runs flawlessly on my system.

no lags on questing either. Do the people with lag issues have other devices on the network that are uploading. Working on a customer computer, that uploaded pictures to google cloud, raised my latency, and lagged for about 3 minutes, until I found it running the upload.

11-10-14, 06:03 PM   #272
crzyface
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
questing shoazar basin

picked up dailies at the frenzyheart and got the below error

Code:
Message: Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\NxUI.lua:4941: CreateFrame(): Couldn't find inherited node "WatchFrameItemButtonTemplate"
Time: 11/10/14 18:01:18
Count: 445
Stack: [C]: in function `CreateFrame'
Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\NxUI.lua:4941: in function `GetFrame'
Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\NxUI.lua:5673: in function `Update'
Interface\AddOns\Carbonite.Quests\NxQuest.lua:8928: in function `UpdateList'
Interface\AddOns\Carbonite.Quests\NxQuest.lua:8436: in function `func'
...s\AckisRecipeList\libs\AceTimer-3.0\AceTimer-3.0.lua:55: in function <...s\AckisRecipeList\libs\AceTimer-3.0\AceTimer-3.0.lua:48>

Locals: (*temporary) = "Button"
(*temporary) = "NxListFrms445"
(*temporary) = <unnamed> {
 0 = <userdata>
 NxInst = <table> {
 }
 texture = <unnamed> {
 }
}
(*temporary) = "WatchFrameItemButtonTemplate"

11-10-14, 06:50 PM   #273
Dragnwarror
A Murloc Raider
lag while questing

When i have carb running with questing i too get lag issues. its my frame rates that keeps dropping. i run at about 25-30 and with carb in a questing zone that i have quests for it will drop my frame rates to 8-9.

where are you guys finding the error messages? i have none in my error logs and it is just saying an add on is causing problems. i would like to know so i can report the error to help get it fixed

11-10-14, 06:56 PM   #274
crzyface
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
if you go in your in game settings and turn on LUA error reporting, you will start getting the error popups.

11-10-14, 07:23 PM   #275
Kreelor
A Firelord

Originally Posted by Svegan View Post
if you downloaded the zip, and opened it, then it created a folder named carbonite-master. copy the folders inside of carbonite-master to your addon folder, after you remove all of the old carbonite folders from the addon folder. if you just put carbonite-master in the addon folder, then you will NOT see the new carbonite.
It would have saved me very much time and all the confusion I encountered if there had only been some understandable directions given on this website. I thought the "carbonite-master" was what was intended to be extracted to the Addons folder (like most addons are). Wrong. heh heh. But, I eventually figured it out.

The work that everyone has done, is wonderful! I'm really happy! Thank you all very much!!

11-10-14, 09:10 PM   #276
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by Dragnwarror View Post
When i have carb running with questing i too get lag issues. its my frame rates that keeps dropping. i run at about 25-30 and with carb in a questing zone that i have quests for it will drop my frame rates to 8-9.

where are you guys finding the error messages? i have none in my error logs and it is just saying an add on is causing problems. i would like to know so i can report the error to help get it fixed
There isn't a bug that gets shown from this, it's from bad programming and a blizzard function that was being used before 6.0 now generates high delays. After any quest objective update (killing a mob, accepting a quest, turning in a quest) it scans every zone in the game for quest POI info, I've eliminated this locally by redoing the function so it only does such a scan when you first login (or /reload) any other time it only scans the zone your standing in.

11-10-14, 09:39 PM   #277
R_OReilly
An Aku'mai Servant
Don't know if this is related to the Quest lagging above but on 5.4 with Carbonite map up I would get lowered fps (10-15) in Valley of the Four Winds, especially when running Half Hill/Tillers dailies (though not just around phased farm area). If I closed the map completely, fps returned to normal for me (45-60). Quests were still up. I so miss my Carb Maps. Getting by with Blizz but it irritates me to have a 24" monitor and a minimap the size of a postage stamp that's not resizable. Can't wait to see the finished product, you guys rock!

11-10-14, 11:36 PM   #278
Boggtroll
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by R_OReilly View Post
Don't know if this is related to the Quest lagging above but on 5.4 with Carbonite map up I would get lowered fps (10-15) in Valley of the Four Winds, especially when running Half Hill/Tillers dailies (though not just around phased farm area). If I closed the map completely, fps returned to normal for me (45-60). Quests were still up. I so miss my Carb Maps. Getting by with Blizz but it irritates me to have a 24" monitor and a minimap the size of a postage stamp that's not resizable. Can't wait to see the finished product, you guys rock!
try sexymap to be able to resize and move minimap with added aesthetics, or just go for Move Anything...it does what it sounds like and it also resizes everything. and it is fairly simple to use.

11-11-14, 12:55 AM   #279
MacAndreas
A Defias Bandit
thanks and some errors I get

Just installed from github (zip) on a Mac running Mavericks 10.9.5

I'm getting the following errors in the General Chat window (and afterwards no more lines are added to the chat window i.e. items looted, don't see trade chat etc.):

Carbonite GetPos Err:1022: Carbonite\NxMap.lua:9193 in function 'GetWorldPos’
Carbonite.Social\NxSocial.lua:1952 in function 'UpdateIcons‘
Carbonite\NxMap.lua:4511: in function 'Update‘
Carbonite\NxMap.lua:3748: in function <Carbonite\NxMap.lua:3673>

I don't see dig sites on the map.

Thanks for the good work, glad to have Carbonite up and running soon

11-11-14, 02:59 AM   #280
samyonair
A Frostmaul Preserver

some mistakes in the Options.lua i have found

the following lines refer to enUS\options.lua

lines 74/75 double to 78/79
double definition for CTRL left klick but no def for CTRL middle klick (Lines 125/130)

and the missing flightpaths definitions for timleless Isle and the other Isle in german "Insel der Riesen" I ve posted some time ago

greetings Samyonair

PS

Rythal your file structure I think is great, because every Language can be translated, I hope the other Coders have a look and create the same structure, because the fix from frost-byte translate to german in the quest.lua, I think translations should be seperated to functional code.

Last edited by samyonair : 11-11-14 at 03:04 AM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » WOD/Pre-patch