02-27-11, 12:59 AM   #1
KIROWIN
A Kobold Labourer
How do you use the addons listed here?

ok ive googled and read through about 40 forums and cant find it anywhere, How do i add plugins and addons for NUI.

I have tried just dropping the entire folder of the plugin into the plugins folder of NUI, ive tried dropping just the files into the plugins folder, ive tried everything i could possiblky think of. im trying to get guild chat plugin and vuhdo plugin working as an infopanel addon.

Could someone please just make a quick TUT on how plugins are integrated into NUI and then sticky it for the newcomers here?

02-27-11, 01:03 AM   #2
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

They're activated just like any other addon. Unzip them straight to your \WoW\Interface\Addons folder and you should be good to go.

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn

01-02-12, 03:16 PM   #3
ShinyCostello
A Kobold Labourer
I'm having the exact same problem, actually. I've unzipped directly into addons, but nUI doesn't seem to realize there's anything but the default there. When I click the infopanel button, I'm only getting a map and combat chat. Where's the recount, omen, etc? And I can't seem to change the overall GUI, even though I've DL and unzip'd the config and different UIs. When I look at the files directly, there seems to be all sorts of info panel addons I'd love to use, but can't access in-game.

Basically, I need some sort of tut to use more than just the default interface here. Thank you.

01-03-12, 01:24 AM   #4
schmitty
A Cliff Giant

Are you unzipping the main directory of the addon, or just the contents of the directory to \WoW\Interface\Addons?

01-03-12, 03:19 AM   #5
Driller
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

this is how it should look in your addons folder
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	this is how it should look in your addons folder.png
Views:	917
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	6693  

01-03-12, 07:16 AM   #6
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
In light of the omen/recount etc addons that place the respective addon into the infopanel, please note that you do need the addons themselves if you haven't realised that. It's a known oversight with this stuff.

05-15-12, 10:48 PM   #7
generalhanor
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
On Topic
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...continued.html
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...rofesions.html

These don't seem to function at all,

I got nUI: Dual Stats (Merged Omen3/Recount info panels) to work quite easily

it's not a big deal on the profession plugin, the 7th action bar in the info panel renders that fairly obsolete
but Carbonite intergration is really bummin me out. I love my carbonite....but there it sits in my upper right hand corner, when it could be so much cooler as an infopanel item

Read Below for Carbonite
Professions (load out of date addons, simple)

Last edited by generalhanor : 05-15-12 at 11:25 PM. Reason: Solved Both Issues, I are genius

05-15-12, 11:06 PM   #8
Chmee
A Molten Giant
Try this:
1. With the carb info panel add-on installed and active, make sure that "carbonite" is showing on the red info panel button. The panel itself should be blank.
2. Drag the minimized Carbonite map to the info panel, putting the upper left corner of the map in the left corner of the panel.
3. resize the (still minimized) map to fit the info panel.
4. lock the map (iirc, this is the top right button on the map's title bar).
5. Maximize the map (hit M, unless you've changed the key bind).
6. Minimize themap (hit M again). It should go right back in the info panel.

Note: if you minimize the map when some other info panel is active, the minimized map will go in that info panel, not the carbonite one. Fix: max the map, switch to the carb info panel, min the map.

05-15-12, 11:17 PM   #9
generalhanor
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Chmee View Post
Try this:
1. With the carb info panel add-on installed and active, make sure that "carbonite" is showing on the red info panel button. The panel itself should be blank.
2. Drag the minimized Carbonite map to the info panel, putting the upper left corner of the map in the left corner of the panel.
3. resize the (still minimized) map to fit the info panel.
4. lock the map (iirc, this is the top right button on the map's title bar).
5. Maximize the map (hit M, unless you've changed the key bind).
6. Minimize themap (hit M again). It should go right back in the info panel.

Note: if you minimize the map when some other info panel is active, the minimized map will go in that info panel, not the carbonite one. Fix: max the map, switch to the carb info panel, min the map.

A Further note, to make sure the map stays where it is, just lock it, and don't ever touch it again.

Actually, the problem is the folder itself, it's named improperly
I'll quote myself from a different thread
Originally Posted by generalhanor View Post
Problem:
Non Functioning Out of Date Plugin

Symptoms:
Once added to addon folder did not show up in WoW Addon Manager (or even ACP)

Solution
Rename Folder
Once unzipped the Folder is named nUI_InfoPanel_Carbonite(Continued) Remove (Continued)
I suspect that particular naming convention is not supported by the WoW Addon Interface

Once (Continued) is removed from the end of the folder, it should show up in addons,
Load out of Date Addons
Enter WoW
Press Info_Panel button till you get carbonite, resize your carbonite map to fit, press button repeatedly to make sure it doesn't break
Profit.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Customization » nUI: Plugin Support » How do you use the addons listed here?