12-05-14, 07:03 PM   #601
Sathrien
A Defias Bandit
Map issue

Has anyone else run into were when your playing with a team mate. The position that shows for them on the small map and the large map are different. We were in Booty bay tonight icon on small map showed the right position but on the large map it showed icon half way up stranglethorn .

12-05-14, 07:28 PM   #602
Ghosthree3
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Originally Posted by Sathrien View Post
Has anyone else run into were when your playing with a team mate. The position that shows for them on the small map and the large map are different. We were in Booty bay tonight icon on small map showed the right position but on the large map it showed icon half way up stranglethorn .
Tends to happen if you hover on a different zone to what you're in, it's like it uses relative positioning. Same thing happens when you're on a flight path - or perhaps just in general.

12-05-14, 09:10 PM   #603
ToniDale
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thumbs up

I am also having the issue of quests auto-tracking. Anytime I reload, enter an instance (which, by the way, instances are everywhere. Your garrison, traveling between areas, questing areas (single instances) and so on) all quests I previously hid come back.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned in the last few pages is when I take a flight path (and seems only when I take a flight path) my chat is spammed with "you can only be in 10 chat channels at a time". I have tried reloading, but didn't help. Only thing I could do to stop it (as it continues forever) is to log out, then back in. I am not sure which settings to check to see what may be causing this.

Now, I wanted to say that playing this game without Carbonite is quite painful. When I installed it a couple of days ago, I promised myself I would not complain. And I am not complaining now, just sharing. I could live forever with Carbonite as it is, but I know Rythal will want it better. I feel I have my best friend back. I have missed "quest complete" so much. Being able to see other zones AND the paths to run between them, having quests ranked in order of distance ( I can't tell you how many times I've finished one quest, take off running towards the arrow, only to discover I'm heading across the country, grr), setting "go to" lines, scrolling in to see caves and trails and other details of the ground, and even just seeing how fast I'm moving! These are all my favorite things I've missed about the map. I truly, truly appreciate everyone's hard work to make this map work again. Thank you ever so much!

Last edited by ToniDale : 12-05-14 at 09:14 PM. Reason: thought i fixed the quest tracking issue, but was mistaken

12-06-14, 01:34 AM   #604
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
New version just pushed, all bug fixes (ye gawds there's so many still to tackle :/)

- Map API I introduced in 5.4.x has been fixed so it now works with what Wholly wanted to do. Eliminates errors when using wholly and grail and his map icons now show on carbonite's maps.

- Zones should now show world map POI's again if your looking outside your current zone (flightmasters, pet trainers etc)

- Things like player icon, POI's, tracking start point, minimap, other player icons should no longer be jumping around all over the place if your using the map.

- Bonus Task Progress fixed to only be 2 decimal places.

- Harvest nodes are fixed and back

- Routing works again.

12-06-14, 02:22 AM   #605
Ghosthree3
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
- Map API I introduced in 5.4.x has been fixed so it now works with what Wholly wanted to do. Eliminates errors when using wholly and grail and his map icons now show on carbonite's maps.
Holy shit I love you. Recently got this mod, never actually expected it to work with Carbonite, I've just been pressing alt-M for directions.

Great progress.

EDIT: Woah, I just logged in and all the quest icons (!) in my garrison are moving whenever I move. Probably happening everywhere else too.

They're also where they're meant to be, but there's doubles, and the doubles move.

EDIT2: Ok tabbed back in and there's double doubles...

Also there are no quests where the non moving ! are, no idea what's going on.

EDIT3: It's getting worse D: See the images below.

http://i.imgur.com/Ziqfa7b.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/BQFCYSd.jpg

EDIT4: Ok figured out what duplicates them, whenever the map changes from in that 'special location' type back to normal and back again, it puts a copy down. Easy repro steps, zoom out then brush mouse back and forth over garrison and out so it keeps showing the special map, do it while running and let the map move around a bit.

Still can't explain why it says I have the quests when there are none to get. I think that's actually a Wholly issue.

EDIT5: It is Wholly showing the quests when there are none. But the marker duplicating is definitely Carbonite.

EDIT6: Also if you bring up Wholly and click on a quest it sends a destination point to some place in the middle of the ocean east of Kalimdor. I assume it's meant to point to the quest pick up. Tried several different quests including ones in old expansions.

EDIT7: Can't reproduce the duplicating bug in Orgrimmer where I have some !s. Might be related to the fact that the quests showing in my garrison are bugged in Wholly - I can't actually obtain them, eg. "Your first Blacksmithing work order", I don't even have a black smithing building.

Last edited by Ghosthree3 : 12-06-14 at 03:02 AM.

12-06-14, 05:22 AM   #606
atl77
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
- Bonus Task Progress fixed to only be 2 decimal places.
Hi, Rythal!

I though we could maybe include an rather unprecise progress bar, if we used full and half blocks (alas, blizzard doesn't support all 1-8/8 blocks in their fonts):

Lua Code:
  1. local percent = GetQuestProgressBarPercent(questId)
  2. list:ItemSet(2,format("|cff00ff00%s%s %.2f%%", string.rep("\226\150\136", math.floor(percent/8)), (percent%8) >= 4 and "\226\150\140" or "", percent))

I tried the version without the half block, but then, my bonus task was finished, so I couldn't test this version.

12-06-14, 05:27 AM   #607
Ghosthree3
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Originally Posted by atl77 View Post
Hi, Rythal!

I though we could maybe include an rather unprecise progress bar, if we used full and half blocks (alas, blizzard doesn't support all 1-8/8 blocks in their fonts):

Lua Code:
  1. local percent = GetQuestProgressBarPercent(questId)
  2. list:ItemSet(2,format("|cff00ff00%s%s %.2f%%", string.rep("\226\150\136", math.floor(percent/8)), (percent%8) >= 4 and "\226\150\140" or "", percent))

I tried the version without the half block, but then, my bonus task was finished, so I couldn't test this version.
I found the number based progress much better than the bar tbh, I always hovered the bar anyway to find out the number.

12-06-14, 05:39 AM   #608
atl77
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by Ghosthree3 View Post
I found the number based progress much better than the bar tbh, I always hovered the bar anyway to find out the number.
This will just add a bar with a precision of 6.25% before the number so you can spot easier how far you are.

12-06-14, 07:32 AM   #609
Sathrien
A Defias Bandit
Herbalism nodes

Just down loaded the newest version from git. Re imported the gathermate 2 data and still the nodes don't show up on the map. Carbonite says that they have been imported but they not showing up. I have the show herbs box checked for both maps. Is it still being worked on or am i doing something wrong. Its a major feature the me and my wife use

12-06-14, 08:13 AM   #610
pbhound
A Defias Bandit
GitHub

How does one download from the site? I have been following the fixes for a while now and would like to be able to test some of them myself but am having an issue downloading carb from GitHub website. this is what i see when i attempt to download (See attachment).

thanks

Rythal, thanks for all the hard work and for carbonite. and thanks to all the others that have assisted in the progress.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Github-page.PNG
Views:	185
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	8342  

12-06-14, 08:14 AM   #611
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by pbhound View Post
How does one download from the site? I have been following the fixes for a while now and would like to be able to test some of them myself but am having an issue downloading carb from GitHub website. this is what i see when i attempt to download (See attachment).

thanks

Rythal, thanks for all the hard work and for carbonite. and thanks to all the others that have assisted in the progress.
READ THE F*CKING THREAD!!! AND USE BRAIN!

Last edited by ircdirk : 12-06-14 at 08:27 AM.

12-06-14, 08:39 AM   #612
atl77
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by Sathrien View Post
Just down loaded the newest version from git. Re imported the gathermate 2 data and still the nodes don't show up on the map. Carbonite says that they have been imported but they not showing up. I have the show herbs box checked for both maps. Is it still being worked on or am i doing something wrong. Its a major feature the me and my wife use
Are you gathering in Draenor? Because there's not yet any data for that.

12-06-14, 09:33 AM   #613
Origami
A Murloc Raider
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...teBr.html#info

stumbled across this version of Carbonite Addon works fairly well from what i gather and it works in English as well for those who want t give it a shot... i know its not rythals version but this is a good fix for the interm until we get release here =)

lol i take it now that this is and open public license there may be a few versions of carbonite hitting the street ... o.O

Last edited by Origami : 12-06-14 at 09:36 AM.

12-06-14, 09:37 AM   #614
Ases
A Defias Bandit
Quest Log Bug

Hey all! I have a probleme with the quest log; it dosn't show any of my quests. The probleme is that the rechercher bar that says: "Rechercher: [clic]" is actully active and looking for quests called Rechercher: [clic]. After manually deleting the entry, the quests all show up.

I have the last update from GitHub (15 min ago from now)

How i helped Love this addon

12-06-14, 09:38 AM   #615
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by Origami View Post
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...teBr.html#info

stumbled across this version of Carbonite Addon works fairly well from what i gather and it works in English as well for those who want t give it a shot... i know its not rythals version but this is a good fix for the interm until we get release here =)

lol i take it now that this is and open public license there may be a few versions of carbonite hitting the street ... o.O
Umm.... it is my version :P they are taking the git version, removing stuff and credits, and releasing it.... it's been giving me a good chuckle to be reading the "update notes" as if he's doing it, and I will say it's been making me feel less inclined to keep pushing to git to see someone releasing a work in progress (with donate buttons) so they can take the credit.

Last edited by Rythal : 12-06-14 at 09:46 AM.

12-06-14, 09:56 AM   #616
Ghosthree3
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Umm.... it is my version :P they are taking the git version, removing stuff and credits, and releasing it.... it's been giving me a good chuckle to be reading the "update notes" as if he's doing it, and I will say it's been making me feel less inclined to keep pushing to git to see someone releasing a work in progress (with donate buttons) so they can take the credit.
Have it taken down? Or at least have the donate removed.

12-06-14, 10:09 AM   #617
Garettjax
A Murloc Raider
Those low-life pieces of scum..

I will only donate to you, Rythal!!

12-06-14, 10:10 AM   #618
muze
A Defias Bandit
Go to the add-on page while logged in and click "Report this file" and you can notify wowinterface of this. There is a check box that reads "Uploader is not author" which appears to be the case. Do not let this joke take credit for something that Rythal and others are working very hard to make what it once was.

12-06-14, 10:56 AM   #619
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Unfortunately guys, Carbonite is licensed GPL, so there is absolutely nothing we can do about it. Sleazy? Yes. Less than ethical? Yes. Actionable? No.

=/

12-06-14, 11:16 AM   #620
Kreelor
A Firelord

Actually, Jizar claimed to have had a fully-working version 2 years ago. Strange indeed!
Personally, I don't care what he did -- I'll stick with Rythal. Besides, I don't speak Portuguese.
(Check the link at the bottom of this post, if you care to).

Originally Posted by jizar View Post
Thank you so much, thanks to that i already made a ptBR version fully working
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...8&postcount=16

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » WOD/Pre-patch