01-16-10, 03:49 PM   #1
ElBoboRey
A Kobold Labourer
WoW on my F drive, some addons not working?

I have WoW on my F drive as my C is a bit small and i want to keep it as free as possible. However I think it's affecting some of my addons. I can get GearScore, Xpearl, and Deadly Boss mods to work just fine. Auctioneer seems to work, but whenever I log in i get error messages for some parts of it, like the Swatter. I cannot get Recount or DPS timers to work at all. They are in the list of addons on the character screen, but when I try to access them in game I get the "type /help" message. For all the error messages, under the 'Debug' heading, it references the C drive. I would love help. I've used plenty of mods before so I know how to install and unzip them, however troubleshooting stuff like this is a bit out of my sphere of knowledge. Google has not been helping me at all. I posted on the Curse.com forums but everyone is ignoring the post, and the ppl on the WoW forums just keep linking beginner tutorials as responses. Please please please, could very much use anyone's help! Thank you.
01-16-10, 03:50 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I responded to you here: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...18979242&sid=1
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

01-17-10, 04:43 AM   #3
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Since I don't have access to the WoW US forums I will reply here:

Sorry my power went out for a bit.

Is it possible to change those settings or get rid of the old ones? Or do I have to do something like format my drives?
Do you launch WoW via an icon on your desktop or are Start Menu? If so, right click on the shortcut and then select "Properties" from the Right Click menu. Then in the window that will open, you should have the ability to change the Link Target. Change the link to the Launcher.exe that is sitting in your F: drive. So if your WoW folder is sitting in the root of your F: drive (aka not in a another folder) then the link should be something like this:

Code:
F:\World of Warcraft\Launcher.exe
Now launch WoW. If everything works (including your AddOns), you can safely nuke other WoW settings/folders except the ones in your F: drive.

Last edited by Zyonin : 01-17-10 at 04:45 AM.
01-19-10, 07:37 AM   #4
saanlem
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
The above is correct. I run WoW from an external USB drive with no problems.
01-19-10, 02:41 PM   #5
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

Originally Posted by saanlem View Post
The above is correct. I run WoW from an external USB drive with no problems.
As you should be able to. I have my WoW install on another partition to keep it safe for when I need to make major changes to the folder where my OS lives. The nice thing is WoW is very "portable" as when you install it, the installer writes ALL of the files (unless you decide to force WoW to use a Protected Folder like Program Files under Windows Vista/7) into one folder. Most other programs will spread themselves EVERYWHERE.

Thus you can move your WoW folder around and it will be happy to live where ever you stick it. Plus you can move to an external drive so if something happens to your normal drive or you get a new PC, you can just move WoW back to the new HD and be up and running fast. Complete with all Patches (installed) and your UI settings and AddOns intact.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » WoW on my F drive, some addons not working?