06-18-07, 09:03 AM   #1
Thrae
A Cyclonian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
TinyTip v2.0

Hi everyone.

I am moving TinyTip to a new SVN, at http://code.google.com/p/thrae-wow/. This is not intended to be a slight at Ace. I just wanted my own SVN. For those that like the functionality of WAU, and want the bleeding edge versions of TinyTip, I will make a 'lil batch / script for updating multiple projects from SVNs (it'll scan your addon directories). Note that the latest release version of TinyTip will always be available on WorldOfWar, and they also have their own updater. And in case I forget to update WorldOfWar, WoWInterface is always the first site I update the release version. I hope you will all help me out with testing!

The new version of TinyTip should be quite smaller then the original. The code has been cleaned and optimized greatly to use the new features of OnTooltipSetUnit and GameTooltip:GetUnit() (both new in 2.1). Some code has been removed, which is the next step...

There will be two new addons which can go along with TinyTip, or work independently, which makes the new format as such:

TinyTip -- This includes only the basic formating now, along with the "Smooth Border" implementation. When used without TinyTipCoreModules (IE, without user profiles), it will revert to default values for everything. A new, stable version is already up there. Take note of the changes though -- you'll lose the other features until I re-implement them.

TinyTipCoreModules -- This will include Positioning, Saved User Profiles, and a Slash command interface. It can work independently of TinyTip, so if you want -just- Positioning, you can use this. I hope to finish this by today or tomorrow.

TinyTipExtraModules -- This will include basically everything else, from Targets, Buffs / Debuffs, Manabar, etc. As these are all optional, it will require TinyTipCoreModules for the database and slash commands. All modules should use up a trivial amount of memory if not enabled.

TinyTipOptionsGUI -- This will provide a GUI for the options, and requires TinyTipCoreModules.
06-19-07, 11:44 AM   #2
doc309
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
i love tiny tip

glad to hear that is not abandoned.

i use mazzle ( with a couple of extra addons ) and the one tiny problem i have had with tinytip is that when i have the option of "show used in" for mats on.... sometimes ( with commonly used mats ) the tip runs off the page.
for instance it will show that mote of mana is used for primal mana, show everything that uses primal mana, show that primal mana can be transmuted, show everything that can be made with the transmuted mat, etc.
i know that this may not be part of tinytip.... ( it mat actually be mendelev, cant log in now to check....)
but is there some way to set the max "used in", or a max in the tip? i would love to be able to use this function....

doc
06-19-07, 01:33 PM   #3
Sajomatic
Deuce Interfaces

Premium Member
Very nice to hear there will be a 2.0 version of TinyTip.

However it does make me a sad panda to hear that you are removing it from the Ace SVN. =(

Thanks for all your work... <3 TTip !
06-19-07, 01:49 PM   #4
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

will it still be ace? I update most of my mods with WAU and this one is one of my favourites.

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
06-19-07, 02:12 PM   #5
JoshBorke
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by Dreadlorde
will it still be ace? I update most of my mods with WAU and this one is one of my favourites.
No, it is not Ace. No, it will not be available via WAU.

:edit: I have seen the error of my ways.

Last edited by JoshBorke : 06-19-07 at 02:15 PM.
06-19-07, 02:39 PM   #6
Flarin
A Frostmaul Preserver

There is still no TinyTip code to be found at the googlecode link.

"I will crush and destroy and...ooo...shiny..."

06-19-07, 04:47 PM   #7
Jesamyn
<This Space for Rent>

I'm looking forward to trying this out!
06-19-07, 05:13 PM   #8
JoshBorke
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by Flarin
There is still no TinyTip code to be found at the googlecode link.
Direct link: http://thrae-wow.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/TinyTip/

I clicked on Source->Subversion repository->trunk->TinyTip

Hope this helps
06-22-07, 02:28 PM   #9
Thrae
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by Dreadlorde
TinyTip was never an "Ace mod". I made an Ace mod before TinyTip, hence why I used to use the AceSVN. The basic TinyTip module, which only does formating and positioning, uses no framework.
10-26-07, 07:02 PM   #10
Toran
A Nerdscale Dorkin

Premium Member
So, is this a dead project?
11-21-07, 09:37 AM   #11
MoonWitch
A Firelord
I have no idea on the status of this mod, but the modules Thrae is speaking off, I can't find anywhere. So I had 2 choices, use the older version or another mod.
11-22-07, 03:03 PM   #12
Delena
A Cyclonian

the older version still works perfectly and I find it awesome.
04-02-08, 11:59 AM   #13
vedran
A Murloc Raider

Kudos on giving the project some love, but the worst thing is that the old version worked and the current version updated to wowace (the same one that gets autoupdated for everyone using WAU) is not working correctly.
04-02-08, 12:44 PM   #14
Coldfury
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by vedran View Post
Kudos on giving the project some love, but the worst thing is that the old version worked and the current version updated to wowace (the same one that gets autoupdated for everyone using WAU) is not working correctly.
it is working perfectly. you did something wrong.
04-07-08, 08:03 AM   #15
Khaled
A Kobold Labourer
tinytip options is the one that is not working

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Alpha/Beta AddOns and Compilations » TinyTip v2.0