05-02-08, 02:06 PM   #1
pakiepiphany
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
CyCircled + Bongos = Confusion..

Hi, i've heard that you can use cycircled skins to skin your action buttons on bongos but i have no idea how to go about doing this, and i'd figure i would ask here.

Early Thanks!
:]
05-02-08, 02:21 PM   #2
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
In cycircled, you need to turn on the skinning of bongos bars. Just right click the minimap button for cycircled, it's one of the menus.
05-02-08, 02:21 PM   #3
Eas
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

install bongos the way your instructed

install cycircled just the same

your done, congrats!

cycircled does it automatically, should be able to find options for it somewhere, probably /rock

EDIT: go with dread, if it isnt already skinning that should fix it, its always done it automatically for me tho
05-02-08, 02:30 PM   #4
pakiepiphany
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Eas View Post
install bongos the way your instructed

install cycircled just the same

your done, congrats!

cycircled does it automatically, should be able to find options for it somewhere, probably /rock

EDIT: go with dread, if it isnt already skinning that should fix it, its always done it automatically for me tho
They are both installed but nothign is happening and im sure its on, let me try uninstalling cycircled and reinstalling it.
But shouldn't you be able to choose from different skins like a list or something if it does it automatically thats not really choosing..
05-02-08, 02:31 PM   #5
Eas

Originally Posted by Dreadlorde View Post
In cycircled, you need to turn on the skinning of bongos bars. Just right click the minimap button for cycircled, it's one of the menus.
give that a try, should work... if not check fubar if you have it
05-02-08, 02:33 PM   #6
pakiepiphany
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I just reinstalled it and now it says cycircled is "incompatible" in the addons list...
05-02-08, 02:35 PM   #7
Eas

mouse over it in the addons list and look at the dependencies, that will be your problem
05-02-08, 02:38 PM   #8
pakiepiphany
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
mouse over it in the addons list and look at the dependencies, that will be your problem
Its not saying dependency disabled it says incompatiable and its red..
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1.../Cycircled.jpg
05-02-08, 02:42 PM   #9
Eas

thats is weird... not sure how to fix that, try to find a non beta version would be my best bet

http://files.wowace.com/cyCircled/cyCircled-r71742.zip

theres something that might help... really not sure

Last edited by Eas : 05-02-08 at 02:45 PM.
05-02-08, 02:46 PM   #10
pakiepiphany
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
thats is weird... not sure how to fix that, try to find a non beta version would be my best bet

http://files.wowace.com/cyCircled/cyCircled-r71742.zip

theres something that might help... really not sure
Okay i found the non beta version installed it and i turned the addon on for bongos but it didn't skin my buttons..

Screen shot:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...ool/bongos.jpg
05-02-08, 02:48 PM   #11
Eas

were those defaulted to the settings? if you turned them on try reloading your interface ( /rl ) maybe even logging out / exiting may help
05-02-08, 02:53 PM   #12
pakiepiphany
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
were those defaulted to the settings? if you turned them on try reloading your interface ( /rl ) maybe even logging out / exiting may help
ive relogged turned the disabled an re-enabled the addon /rl'd and it still wont skinn the damn buttons!
:[
05-02-08, 02:54 PM   #13
Eas

hmm, well ive done all i can think of... im just a casual user anyway. maybe someone with some more knowledge could step in and save my butt?
05-02-08, 02:54 PM   #14
pakiepiphany
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
hmm, well ive done all i can think of... im just a casual user anyway. maybe someone with some more knowledge could step in and save my butt?
:/

Thanks anyways.
05-02-08, 03:17 PM   #15
Fuzzywuzzy
A Black Drake

On your screenshot it shows you have set it up for Bongos, but if you click on Cycircled at top of list have u enabled it and chosen a skin too?
05-02-08, 03:23 PM   #16
pakiepiphany
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Fuzzywuzzy View Post
On your screenshot it shows you have set it up for Bongos, but if you click on Cycircled at top of list have u enabled it and chosen a skin too?
Yes, and Yes.
05-02-08, 03:33 PM   #17
erica647
A Cobalt Mageweaver

In looking at the colors of the check marks in your addons list, it appears that you have some mods enabled only for certain characters. Please double check to be sure that you have the correct mods enabled for the character you're working with just to be sure. I currently use Bongos 3 with cycircled and it works fine so it has to be something we're missing here. Also you may want to try disabling other mods temporarily to see if it works... then add them back progressively if that works to see what breaks it. I'll be very curious to find out what the issue is here so keep us posted. hehe

Edit: As a matter of fact after doublechecking your original screenshot, it looks like you don't even have Bongos3 enabled for this character. The check mark will be yellow and not gray for addons enabled for your current character (I believe that's the case... or gray when not enabled on all characters).

Last edited by erica647 : 05-02-08 at 03:38 PM.
05-02-08, 03:50 PM   #18
pakiepiphany
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Gave up 5 mins ago installing mazzle UI.
If i end up not liking it ill go back to my old one.
:/
05-02-08, 05:39 PM   #19
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

I did some checking and I noticed that you had Bongos 3 installed. At last check the version of cyCircled on this site did not support Bongos 3 (it does skin the older Bongos 2). You may want to grab the very latest flavor of cyCircled from the WoWAce files: http://files.wowace.com/cyCircled/cyCircled.zip (this link will always get you the latest version) as the version on WoWI is an older one. However even when I was using cyCircled downloaded from WoWAce and Bongos3, cyCircled could not skin Bongos3. I do not if that has changed as I have switched over to Trinity Bars 2 and I use a custom button texture that replaces most of my button borders.

One thing to remember is cyCircled itself is getting old and a bit 'rusty' so there a replacement in the works called ButtonFacade. It currently only supports a handful of mods right now so don't rush to download it.

Last edited by Zyonin : 05-02-08 at 05:44 PM.
05-02-08, 07:25 PM   #20
khangg
An Aku'mai Servant
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
I changed up a couple of words in the plugins folder of cyCircled and it's working fine with Bongos3.

Here's a link to my cyCircled:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sch4t3yd85c

Hope it works for you

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » CyCircled + Bongos = Confusion..