11-26-15, 07:04 PM   #1
Sweetsour
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Check Instance Info on Login

Hello,

I'm currently trying to check various instance data upon login. Things like: if I'm in an instance, am I the party leader, the instance type, etc. The issue I'm having is the various events I've tried load before the variables can be set from the instance data functions.

I've tried the following events:

1. ADDON_LOADED
2. PLAYER_ALIVE
3. PLAYER_ENTERING_WORLD
4. VARIABLES_LOADED

Is this even possible, or do I need to trigger off an event that's loaded a tad later?

Thanks for any help that can be provided!
11-26-15, 07:48 PM   #2
semlar
A Pyroguard Emberseer

As far as I know, instance information (eg. GetInstanceInfo()) should be valid after PLAYER_ENTERING_WORLD.

Certain zone functions (eg. GetRealZoneText()) won't be accurate until ZONE_CHANGED_NEW_AREA fires. If the player /reloads their interface ZONE_CHANGED_NEW_AREA will not fire, but the information will be accurate on PLAYER_ENTERING_WORLD (only for reloads).

You'll also need to watch PLAYER_DIFFICULTY_CHANGED to support switching difficulties while inside of an instance if that information is relevant.

Your leadership info is available on PARTY_LEADER_CHANGED.

Without knowing what functions you're going to be using, PARTY_LOOT_METHOD_CHANGED, GROUP_ROSTER_UPDATE and UPDATE_INSTANCE_INFO may be useful.
11-26-15, 08:25 PM   #3
Sweetsour
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
PARTY_LEADER_CHANGED did the trick, thanks for your help!

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Check Instance Info on Login