07-06-06, 10:36 PM   #21
Kitchens
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by DivinoAG
Hello Crash. I've been using Charcoal for quite a while now, since last december when I started playing, and I've seen many incarnations of the system.

Version 1.1 is working nicely right now, and I'm quite happy to hear that you're working on a Discord-independant version now. I'm sure that should solve all the little issues we get from that dependance.

I was wondering if you could share a little roadmap for Charcoal Fusion, what features we can expect from it on a general sense. I know you don't like setting dates for release (been there, seen that ), I'm just want to know what's coming next.

And if you ever need someone to test it with a hunter char, just tell me, I would be glad to help.
This person speaks the truth. I would gladly test it out for you as well on a warlock
07-10-06, 08:11 AM   #22
Terak
A Defias Bandit
i would love to get a chance to play around with fusion in beta as atm charcols my main UI for about 4 toons and i would love to get some imput into how it shapes out
07-10-06, 10:11 AM   #23
CrashVegas
An Aku'mai Servant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'll let you all know when it's ready to be tested =)
07-11-06, 04:28 AM   #24
shazzy
A Murloc Raider

Can't wait! *twiddles thumbs*
07-12-06, 05:29 PM   #25
Lery
A Black Drake
DAB/DUF was just updated. Do not think it's anything important but figured I would put out a heads up.
07-13-06, 09:52 AM   #26
Margot
A Murloc Raider
item buffs?

Is there any way to have item buffs display in the character buffs frame?

My item buffs still display in the default blizzard location, and I can't do anything about them.

On the discord forums I guess Loz says "Use Discord Frame Modifier"... is that the only way? How would I do that.

Thanks!
07-13-06, 10:25 AM   #27
smeltn
A Fallenroot Satyr

with discord being updated.. Is there a update that needs to happen to charcoal or will we be ok with updating our dab/duf/dart?
07-14-06, 03:52 AM   #28
shazzy
A Murloc Raider

I'm using charcoal and I've updated discord and no problems.
07-14-06, 06:11 AM   #29
CrashVegas
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by devlark
Come on Crash We all want you to Relase Fusion and a verson of 1.11 that uses the Stable versons of Discord (new ones have been posted on vArios site :P)

You can install the new versions of the Discord addons as they're released, it won't hurt anything. Just make sure to keep the CustomTextures and CustomFonts folders for DAB and DUF.
07-18-06, 07:46 PM   #30
Toran
A Nerdscale Dorkin

Premium Member
Anyone have problems with ClickHeal and Charcoal? Whenever I load ClickHeal, it nukes my Charcoal.lua in my savedvariables. I can tell it does this because it logs in with Charcoal Default instead of my saves profile - and the profile list doesn't drop down - I get a DUF library error. However when I disable ClickHeal, and restore my charcoal.lua from backup, I get no errors and my profiles are all there.

Very odd. Any ideas?

FYI - response from the author of ClickHeal:

I just checked and Charcoal and ClickHeal share the same key for a saved variable (CH_Config). As it would be quite some work for me to fix this, maybe the Charcoal guys can fix it, otherwise you have choose. I am very sorry for this.

Any way to change the name of your config Crash? If not, can you provide instructions on how I might do this?

Last edited by Toran : 07-20-06 at 02:15 PM.
07-22-06, 02:15 AM   #31
wowmule
A Defias Bandit
Hi there

I am also interested in the Clickheal situation for my druid. But more importantly, I am using Charcoal's Hunter for the first time, and in Raid today, my screen froze and game crashed twice. I didnt know what it was so I had to disable the whole UI. Does anyone else using Charcoal experienced this problem in raid?
07-22-06, 08:22 AM   #32
DhRall
A Defias Bandit

Originally Posted by wowmule
Hi there

I am also interested in the Clickheal situation for my druid. But more importantly, I am using Charcoal's Hunter for the first time, and in Raid today, my screen froze and game crashed twice. I didnt know what it was so I had to disable the whole UI. Does anyone else using Charcoal experienced this problem in raid?
Iīve never experienced problems like this just because of the Charcoal UI. Game freezes/crashes merely cause of bad teamplay of different addons. Iīm running about 120-130 on my hunter, but I keep 'em as up to date as possible. A lot of error-factors have been banned that way, and Iīm quite happy my machine runs pretty smooth.

Make sure, you donīt use addons, that take effect on the same stuff DAB and DUF do, since Charcoal ist just a perfect conversion based on these two.
07-22-06, 09:43 AM   #33
CrashVegas
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Toran
Anyone have problems with ClickHeal and Charcoal? Whenever I load ClickHeal, it nukes my Charcoal.lua in my savedvariables. I can tell it does this because it logs in with Charcoal Default instead of my saves profile - and the profile list doesn't drop down - I get a DUF library error. However when I disable ClickHeal, and restore my charcoal.lua from backup, I get no errors and my profiles are all there.

Very odd. Any ideas?

FYI - response from the author of ClickHeal:

I just checked and Charcoal and ClickHeal share the same key for a saved variable (CH_Config). As it would be quite some work for me to fix this, maybe the Charcoal guys can fix it, otherwise you have choose. I am very sorry for this.

Any way to change the name of your config Crash? If not, can you provide instructions on how I might do this?
I've been aware of the issue with ClickHeal for a while now...it was just a crazy unfortunate coincidence that we both used the same saved variable to store our settings. It doesn't affect ClickHeal but it messes up the Charcoal profiles.

I've been working quietly on Fusion for quite some time now but I may revisit Charcoal 1.1 to clear up some things that are inefficient and/or cause conflicts. The ClickHeal problem is definitely one of the things I'd like to fix.
07-22-06, 09:53 AM   #34
Henrick
A Murloc Raider
"I've been working quietly on Fusion for quite some time now"

Looking forward to this, thats for sure. and thanks for the work you put into Charcoal.
07-22-06, 02:00 PM   #35
Villainelle
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Henrick
"I've been working quietly on Fusion for quite some time now"

Looking forward to this, thats for sure. and thanks for the work you put into Charcoal.
Completely agreed.

And Crash, if I could log into the WoW forums I'd reply to your post in my thread, but I'll say it here too--thanks so much. I'm seriously humbled and grateful for your attention and response. Your work has been lightyears ahead of the rest; you truly are a visionary.

Cannot wait to see Fusion.
07-22-06, 09:54 PM   #36
Induron
A Murloc Raider

Hey Crash,

Just wanted to stick my head in and say that I am still using, modifying and enjoying your UI thoroughly. As always, I can't wait to see what you have in store for us with Charcoal Fusion, and am of course, very willing to beta test it when the time comes.

Induron/bornyesterday
08-12-06, 05:55 AM   #37
Terak
A Defias Bandit
any news of updates ?
08-13-06, 11:26 AM   #38
Mallius
A Defias Bandit
Hey, Crash. Thanks for making an awesome UI. I can't imagine playing WoW without it!

I just love the look of my interface and I'm very happy that you put in so much effort to keep this going.

I can't seem to solve a problem though. I would like to change my target's health bar from showing a percentage of HP to showing the actual number of HP, but I can't figure out how to do it.

Any suggestions?
08-17-06, 12:30 AM   #39
DhRall
A Defias Bandit

Originally Posted by Mallius
Hey, Crash. Thanks for making an awesome UI. I can't imagine playing WoW without it!

I just love the look of my interface and I'm very happy that you put in so much effort to keep this going.

I can't seem to solve a problem though. I would like to change my target's health bar from showing a percentage of HP to showing the actual number of HP, but I can't figure out how to do it.

Any suggestions?
Two simple words:

Mob Info ^^

In other words: This is done by an AddOn named MobInfo2. There should be a version around here on WOWI, but you'll surely find versions on Curse and WoW-UI.
08-17-06, 05:31 PM   #40
riddley
A Kobold Labourer
spellName nil value error

Amazing add-on. I'd messed with DAB/DUF for a while and was never able to come close to anything I liked. This was great right off the bat.

On "Page 1" (which used to be labeled "Ranged" but somehow that went away) I have keybindings "1" for the first icon "2" for the second and so on... I've got a macro I wrote for HuntersMark in the first spot and aimed shot in the second.. whenever I click or use the keybinding for Aimed Shot, I get this error:

Interface\AddOns\Charcoal\Charcoal_Movables.lua:76: attempt to concatenate field `spellName' (a nil value)

I've tried re-logging, but that doesn't help. Any ideas?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Alpha/Beta AddOns and Compilations » Charcoal UI/Fusion