01-10-11, 01:39 PM   #1
vampyren
A Murloc Raider
Question Map question (bug?)

Hello,

I'm a new and big fan of this wonderful add-on. There is however one thing that i really dont understand and that is the maps.
I been searching all through the settings and trying the search here without finding about my issue.

The issue i am having is that the map's default behavior is to only show the map fully zoomed out. That means i can not see anything unless i either zoom in or sometimes move the mouse on the part of the map i want to look at!
So what i really like is to show the whole map a bit zoomed in so that i dont have to point or zoom in in order to see things on it. Is this possible ?

Another problem i am facing is that many time (actually allot) the map wont show anything. Like now into Kaldimor->The Crossroads and it dont show anything no matter how much i zoom in. So in the end i tend to use Alt-M to use the normal map. I am wondering if this is a known problem or maybe there is some setting i have overlooked?

And again Thanks for a wonderful add-on.

01-10-11, 07:22 PM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
First, make sure your installation of Carbonite is up-to-date. Latest is 4.033 released on 1/03/2011.

For the zoom issue, there are two small boxes in the upper right corner of the minimized map. The first is for "auto scale", and putting a check in it should solve that problem. The other box is for locking the map so that it can't be accidentally moved or re-sized.

As far the problem with The Crossroads, I'm not sure what you are expecting to see other than an overhead view of the buildings.

01-13-11, 03:55 AM   #3
vampyren
A Murloc Raider
Thanks for the reply. As of version i use the latest always so i'm on 4.0.33 right now.
I have the lock and auto scale checked also when this problem occurs.
About the "The Crossroads" map (just an example out of many) i dont see anything and that is the problem , all i can see is yellow background no matter how much i zoom in or out, can you see buildings on yours?

Another option that would be very good to have (if i have not missed it) is to be able to see the whole map (like buildings, flightpoints and such) for the whole map and not just the part your character is at the moment. Right now i need to zooming in and out several times.

01-13-11, 03:09 PM   #4
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

This is what I see when I zoom in to the Cross Roads:

BUT, only if my mouse is on the map. Once I move the mouse off of the map, it turns into a mish-mash of yellows, browns and greens. It didn't used to do that (prior to Cataclysm) so maybe it is a bug.

Last edited by jeffy162 : 01-13-11 at 03:14 PM.

01-14-11, 04:29 PM   #5
vampyren
A Murloc Raider
That is what i would like to see but all i see is this (and i have my mouse on the map and it dont matter how much i zoom in or out):

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

01-14-11, 06:21 PM   #6
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I'm sorry, but I really have no idea what the problem is.

I noticed that you have the small Blizzard (zone?) map open in the lower right corner of your screen. Do you have the same trouble if you close that map? I've seen it posted in other threads that that can cause problems occasionally.

01-14-11, 09:41 PM   #7
vampyren
A Murloc Raider
Waoo that did it good thing i made a screenshot of the whole game
Now it works as you said, when i move the mouse it shows the maps, this is progress, although it would be perfect if i did not have to always point the mouse on the part i like to see.
Thanks allot for the tips.

01-15-11, 01:23 AM   #8
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

You're welcome. I'm glad I could help. We'll just have to wait for the Carbonite Team to get the map functionality back to the way it was, if they can.

01-15-11, 05:06 AM   #9
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Somewhere in the Carbonite settings (forgotten where, unfortunately - should be somewhere related to "map") there's a setting where you can decide how many zones Carbonite should load detailed graphics for at once. If your issue is (as I've interpreted it) that you want multiple zones to show their layouts, try increasing this setting (default is three), and you should find that the layout of the zone remains when moving the mouse to another zone.

01-15-11, 06:05 AM   #10
vampyren
A Murloc Raider
Was searching for some setting like that but didnt find it. I will search more tonight, thanks for the tips.

01-15-11, 11:22 AM   #11
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Re-found it. It's in the category "Map", and the option name is "Maximum number of zones to draw at a time".

Hope it helps!

01-16-11, 04:34 PM   #12
vampyren
A Murloc Raider
Got it, seems max value is 20, works a bit funny moving the mouse over each part of the map makes them "visible" and when you exceemt the 20 the last one gets "dimmed" but anyway it does the trick, i think sometimes a value of 5-10 is enough to find what you look for.
Thanks again for all the support guys.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Map question (bug?)