03-29-06, 10:32 AM   #41
Elkano
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Well, as I posted earlier, I was having a bug with CTA beta. In order to celebrate 1.10 I just downloaded the newest version (beta 7), but the bug seems to still be there:

Code:
Error: Interface\AddOns\CallToArms\CallToArms.lua:2144: attempt to index field `?' (a nil value)
It happens when I try to switch to another (or even the same) page within CTA
04-06-06, 11:47 PM   #42
Min_xxx
A Kobold Labourer
When 1.10 was released and I saw my CTA wasn't working, I rushed to Curse-Gaming to get a new version. I downloaded and installed it, but it just gave me this:

Oh crap, then what to do?
I went back and found out you made this Beta, great I thought and downloaded and installed it too. Just gave me the same:

Is it just me who has this problem or what am I doing wrong?
04-14-06, 12:35 PM   #43
Coren
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Elkano
Well, as I posted earlier, I was having a bug with CTA beta. In order to celebrate 1.10 I just downloaded the newest version (beta 7), but the bug seems to still be there:

Code:
Error: Interface\AddOns\CallToArms\CallToArms.lua:2144: attempt to index field `?' (a nil value)
It happens when I try to switch to another (or even the same) page within CTA
Your problem is the translation being not up-to-date. You are probably using a German client and the German localization is incomplete.

Open CTALocalization.de.lua, inside the bracket for CTA_GenTooltips add after the CTA_SearchFrameDescriptionEditBox {...} (but before the closing } of CTA_GenTooltips, ideal insertion point is line 204) the following substructure (found in CTALocalization.lua):

Code:
	--[[ beta 5 ]]--

CTA_ShowSearchButton = { 
		tooltip1 							= CTA_FIND_PLAYERS_AND_GROUPS, 
		tooltip2 							= CTA_FIND_PLAYERS_AND_GROUPS_DETAILS,
		anchor								= "TOPRIGHT",
		relativePoint						= "BOTTOMRIGHT"
	},

CTA_ShowMyRaidButton = { 
		tooltip1 							= CTA_ENLIST_TOOLTIP, 
		tooltip2 							= CTA_ENLIST_TOOLTIP_DETAILS,
	},

CTA_ShowLFGButton = { 
		tooltip1 							= CTA_LFG_FRAME, 
		tooltip2 							= CTA_LFG_FRAME_DETAILS,
	},

CTA_ShowPlayerListButton = { 
		tooltip1 							= CTA_PLAYER_LIST_AND_OTHER_FEATURES, 
		tooltip2 							= CTA_PLAYER_LIST_DETAILS,
	},

CTA_ShowMFFButton = { 
		tooltip1 							= CTA_MORE_FEATURES, 
		tooltip2 							= CTA_MORE_FEATURES_DETAILS, 
	}

Last edited by Coren : 04-14-06 at 12:42 PM.
06-27-06, 12:09 PM   #44
Istaria
A Murloc Raider

Red face Any one still updating this mod?

Is this mod dead? Or is the author still working on it?
06-27-06, 05:28 PM   #45
Tuche
A Defias Bandit
seems to be dead :/
07-16-06, 10:08 PM   #46
sacha
An Aku'mai Servant

Hey everyone,

First of all, I know this version looks like a step backwards after looking at the previous betas. However, the last betas were made in Feb 2006. Since then, while I was unable to develop CTA for several months, there have been a lot of changes to WoW. So, I have a little more work to do now

I have just uploaded R11 beta 1 which has many improvements over R10, most of which were done by Eike (LuckyArts). Thanks very much for all the help Eike

While the changes are many, one of the major updates is the LFG channel filtering system. The old system has been replaced with a new system that works very well with English and German clients. There is also a slider in the Settings window that can be used to adjust the level of filtering done to messages, from a lowest setting of 0, where all messages on the LFG channel are added to the results list, to the highest setting of 5, which filters almost all non-LFG related messages.

However, in order for this system to work with the French client, the CTA_TRIGGER_LIST table, in the CTALocalization.fr.lua file, must be filled with the correct keywords for each category in the table. Anyone who wants to do this can use the English version of the table as a reference. If you do manage to fill in the table and are happy with the results, please send me a copy of the completed table so that I can update CTA with it. In the meantime, the filter system should still work on French clients at a filtering level of 1, 2 or 3.

I will update the change log with more details of all the various improvements and bug fixes tomorrow.

Sacha
"Great spirits have always encountered opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly." - Albert Einstein
07-21-06, 06:46 PM   #47
DanoPDX
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Does this mod have the ability to filter by level? For example what if I am level 40 and I want to filter out all lfg for levels that are not between level 35-45 or what if I am level 60 and only want to see messages in lfg from another level 60, or just 58-60?

And is this done by using a routine built into the UI from blizzard (e.x. CheckPlayerLevel) so that it doesn’t lag out the ui by adding a custom check, or lag out the server by checking every message using something like “/who Name” to check everything posted in the channel I am trying to filter? The reason I bring it up is with the amount of chatter in LFG I would hate to go from 40+ FPS to 5 or something because blizzard does not have a routine that is optimized where you just check it and then use the result, but rather you have to invent 10+ lines of code to do it instead.

I see there is a "Search Options" tab and there is a "Player Search" section and you can show any class, and there are two boxes for player levels. Like 58-60 for example. However I'm looking to filter out not by the players in a group, or players LFG, but any message posted to the LFG channel. I want to filter out all LFG, LFM, trash talk, selling this, etc, all messages that are not within those player level ranges in the LFG channel, by simply filtering out all of the messages that are not in that level range.

I set those boxes with 58-60, but this option did not seem to do exactly what I am looking for because I still saw a LFG entry for BFD by a level 23 person, and a LFM message for a level 57 hunter. What I expected to see was only LFM and LFG posts by level 58-60 players.

I am also wondering if this mod directly filters the LFG channel? I’d like to have the “Mute LFG channel” unchecked so that I don’t have to have the interface open I can just join the LFG channel and it only displays messages from the players within the level range I specified in the “Search Options” tab. That way I can be out grinding faction in silithus, or in AV, or wherever and still watch the lfg channel, but without all the spam and “Barrens” type crapchat.

So code example:

function_filterchat
<blah>
if channelname.playerlevel [does not match level ranges XX1 and XX2] then don't display message
else
if channelname.unwantedtext = [one of the list of words to filter] then don't display message
else
show message
<blah>
end of function_filterchat

as opposed to:

function_filterchat
<blah>
[insert ten pages of stuff here that do alot of fancy schmancy things]
<blah>
end of function_filterchat

Now I am not saying that I want to mod's appearence changed, or the over all function changed, but it would be nice to have the code look for certain things, like in a prioritized fashion. So if it checked for level first in the LFG channel, I was hoping that would cut down on processing time. Then for those who like all the advanced functions they would still be there and you could use whatever options appeal to you.

Last edited by DanoPDX : 07-21-06 at 09:02 PM.
07-21-06, 09:06 PM   #48
DanoPDX
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I also clicked on the more tab in the bottom right corner, and then on the log tab at the top of the screen. Despite the fact that while I am testing this mod that I am hoping to filter out posts to the LFG channel that are level 57 or below; I see a message that says "LF1M mage temple", "Lf1m MAGE temple", "Lf1m warrior temple", "60 mage available for group", "LF mage temple", "LFM WC", "lfg for jintha alor", "lfg Arikara Steelsnap", "STRAT needs tank, have priest and full group" and "LF1 HEALER ULDA" they appear in red and are filtered out, why? Those seem legitimate LFGs to me.

Also on those red filtered messages if I wanted to respond to the person, could you put their name there so I know who it was from in case I want to send them a tell?

Last edited by DanoPDX : 07-22-06 at 12:57 AM.
07-22-06, 05:09 PM   #49
sacha
An Aku'mai Servant

Originally Posted by DanoPDX
Does this mod have the ability to filter by level?
And is this done by using a routine built into the UI from blizzard (e.x. CheckPlayerLevel)
I'm looking to filter out not by the players in a group, or players LFG, but any message posted to the LFG channel. I want to filter ... all of the messages that are not in that level range.
I set those boxes with 58-60, but ... I still saw a LFG entry for BFD by a level 23 person, and a LFM message for a level 57 hunter. What I expected to see was only LFM and LFG posts by level 58-60 players.
I am also wondering if this mod directly filters the LFG channel?
CTA filters all messages posted on the LFG channel and places the resuts in the CTA window. Although CTA can mute the LFG channel for you, it does not selectively show or hide specific messages in the LFG channel. This could be added as a feature in the next beta. As far as I know, the /who function is the only reliable way to get level/class information on players posting on the lfg channel. CTA usage of the /who function
will be improved in r11b2. I will check the level filters for any bug that would show players outside of the level filter values in the results; the filter functions are being updated for r11b2 as well.
"Great spirits have always encountered opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly." - Albert Einstein
07-22-06, 05:11 PM   #50
sacha
An Aku'mai Servant

Originally Posted by DanoPDX
I also clicked on the more tab in the bottom right corner, and then on the log tab at the top of the screen. Despite the fact that while I am testing this mod that I am hoping to filter out posts to the LFG channel that are level 57 or below; I see a message that says "LF1M mage temple", "Lf1m MAGE temple", "Lf1m warrior temple", "60 mage available for group", "LF mage temple", "LFM WC", "lfg for jintha alor", "lfg Arikara Steelsnap", "STRAT needs tank, have priest and full group" and "LF1 HEALER ULDA" they appear in red and are filtered out, why? Those seem legitimate LFGs to me.

Also on those red filtered messages if I wanted to respond to the person, could you put their name there so I know who it was from in case I want to send them a tell?
Try lowering the flitering level by adjusting the slider in the More>Settings tab. Please let me know if it helps.
07-22-06, 09:49 PM   #51
DanoPDX
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by sacha
Try lowering the filtering level by adjusting the slider in the More>Settings tab. Please let me know if it helps.
Actually I changed some things in the CTALocalization.lua using SciTE and its working better, because there are just so many ways people post LFG or LFM. Basically I just go to the more tab and just watch the log, and I turned on your debug thing so it displays what it's doing, and fine tune as needed.

One thing I am having an issue with is the horde quest "Warlord's Command" it gets filtered out. Oddly enough maraudon is found by the program just fine with "mau?rau?don" in the GOAL section. So I tried to figure out the logic of that wildcard syntax and I just don't get it. Is it '?' or 'u?' ? I am trying to put something like "warlord[any char or no char here]s command" so that "Warlord's command" and "Warlords command" are both found with just one entry. Can you help me with that?

Also I am trying to have one entry to capture "quest" and "quests" and "ungoro" and "un'goro" is it "quest?" and "un?goro" or not?

Last edited by DanoPDX : 07-22-06 at 10:08 PM.
07-22-06, 09:50 PM   #52
DanoPDX
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
CTA filters all messages posted on the LFG channel and places the resuts in the CTA window. Although CTA can mute the LFG channel for you, it does not selectively show or hide specific messages in the LFG channel. This could be added as a feature in the next beta. As far as I know, the /who function is the only reliable way to get level/class information on players posting on the lfg channel. CTA usage of the /who function
will be improved in r11b2. I will check the level filters for any bug that would show players outside of the level filter values in the results; the filter functions are being updated for r11b2 as well.
Ok cool if you can consider that as an additional feature I would appreciate it.

Last edited by DanoPDX : 07-23-06 at 01:52 PM.
07-22-06, 11:03 PM   #53
DanoPDX
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
CTA filters all messages posted on the LFG channel and places the results in the CTA window. Although CTA can mute the LFG channel for you, it does not selectively show or hide specific messages in the LFG channel. This could be added as a feature in the next beta.
Actually that would be nice. I was looking in CTA and there is the checkbox to mute wow's LFG channel, and you join a CTAChannel. Do you mean you are considering adding a way to output all the messages that not filtered (actual LFx kind of things) from the LFG channel to the CTAChannel so you can have the CTA UI closed and still right click the name of the person that sent the LFx so you can invite or get invited?

Last edited by DanoPDX : 07-23-06 at 01:54 PM.
07-23-06, 04:50 PM   #54
DanoPDX
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I hope this suggestion is taken as such. Your mod is fine and I think I like it the best so far. I like the look of the UI the best and all the tabs and screens do useful things. I especially like that you can adjust the icons distance from the minimap, not just it's position around the edge of it.

However I am still looking for other mods to see if any of them do something slightly different and if they could be used as a guideline for making your mod better.

Here is a mod called Group Finder that I like because of how it manages the LFx channel. It seems to look at the LFG channel, get the information, and output it back to the channel so you can see it. Then I can right click the person and send them an invite or whisper for one. Unless the channel is hidden in some way it also does not join you to another channel thus taking away from the amount of channels you can belong to. For example some raid leaders like you to belong to a guild channel, and a class channel to cut down on chatter in RAID chat and not having an extra channel is nice.

It also seems to have a simplified way of determining if a LFG message is legit or not. It also showed the spam messages with the word *SPAM* in front of it. Granted I don't want to see it in the future, but I like that it's displayed at the moment so I can watch it and see what is being filtered and what isn't.

The grey and black list seems really nice, but I would like make sure it is not shared with other players on the server. It may be that way already, if so great, if not then maybe you could make that change. I feel it's ok to dislike a player but it should be a personal decision. Maybe you could simply have three things for that list. Grey = Questionable players like people that seemed to ninja something but may have not intended to; Black = Those you hate for sure; and maybe Red for people you want to ignore tells from but don’t want to ignore a LFG or LFM message from because they could be helping out the party leader by finding other players. If the other members in the group are fine you at least get into your group regardless of why you have him on ignore.

The search results screen is great I like to see the available groups at a glance when I want to instead of scrolling through the lfg channel. However when I don’t have the lfg channel muted I’d like to see legit LFx messages similar to how Group Finder does it without making another channel. The search options are good also but it could contain something to filter messages for a level range as I have mentioned before. Otherwise all the check boxes like show PVP and PVE seem fine, but you could add one as I have in my attempt to make a filter to eliminate LFx for battlegrounds.

Manage my group looks cool I clicked the buttons for party and raid and they seem fine. However the password option seems out of place. I’d like to see this part simply manage the group as it is formed. You simply put in it what you want, add that you want X of certain classes and the rest are left as “Any Class” and as the people join the group or raid, CTA automatically changes the auto LFx message that it sends to the LFG channel. I would hope this would eliminate the CTAChannel all together because people that don’t have CTA can see the message in LFG and those with CTA can get the group info through the CTAChannel, but they also get it from the LFG channel. Now that the LFG channel is global the CTAChannel seems like it could be done away with, unless Blizzard decides to make the channel local only again.

Flag myself as LFG seems cool because then I don’t have to do it, its automatic ^_^.

And lastly the more tab is fine.

Last edited by DanoPDX : 07-23-06 at 04:53 PM.
07-23-06, 05:36 PM   #55
DanoPDX
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I hear there is a setting to display the latest or last lfg message by the minimap icon, or under it, or on the minimap or something. I think I would still rather see the lfg message appear in the text box still, but I am curious if your mod does this, and if so where is the setting? I looked and found a "Show results on Minimap" checkbox but it never made any text appear by the icon or on the minimap. I do have the icon to the far right so if you print the text under it and to the right then I'll never see it because it's displayed off the edge of the screen. From the more tab, under settings there was adjust icon text angle and I set that over to the left side and never saw any lfg messages come up in that area.

Is there such a thing in this version?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Alpha/Beta AddOns and Compilations » CallToArms, LFG mod [BETA]