04-01-08, 03:29 AM   #1
KillerDreaming
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Lyric Interpretations?

I've been really deep in the meanings of lyrics in songs for a long time, and I recently sat down and actually indulged myself into the lyrics of the songs by Disturbed..

Listen to Sacred Lie!

NOTE:This thread has VERY DEEP political opinions. and that is all this is, opinion.

Here is what I have gathered from "Sacred Lie".

"My conviction is stronger today
As I fight to uncover your sacred lie"

He's saying he's guilty of trying to spread the truth about the faultiness of the Government.

"And the fear isn't going away
As the soldiers still die"

The fear the American people feel about the "terrorists" "attacking us" doesn't go away even as we kill their innocent people.

"For the truth to be told
And the fight to unfold
We must start asking why"

He's saying we need to start asking questions about what's going on around us, not just the war.

"Don't you know the war is far from over now?
What a stumbling block we've fallen over now
As our brothers die defending no one
The war is far from over now"

He's saying that, even though we've pretty much defeated the "terrorists" and all that, the war will not end due to obvious gain the Government has over this whole thing, we've hit a low point (block we've fallen over) where we're not going to get any better unless we stand back up. "As our brothers die defending no-one" is an obvious statement.

"Liberation, a moral charade
For the cause is a part of your sacred lie"

Expressing how we really have no freedom any more, and it's just a promise to make us think we do, so, believing that, we think we're being treated fairly and they can continue to lie to us.

"Damnation a moment away in all the world's eyes
It's the doom of us all"

He's saying how the rest of the world is looking at us like we're idiots, and how if we continue to let the Government do stuff such as this we're going to be damned.

"We give in to control for the sake of your sacred lie
Complications abound
You'll get used to the sound of alarms in your life"

He's revealing how we give complete control to the Government, allowing them to continue lying to us without asking any questions, and how, if we continue to act like this, we will be getting used to constant false events to scare us into full submission.

You can post your own lyrical opinions to your favorite music, or discuss mine or someone else's, what ever you want to do.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » Lyric Interpretations?