12-08-06, 11:34 AM   #381
Anklebane
A Murloc Raider

it's sad truth, but I have not even logged onto WoW to play since the patch ... I fell so in love with the UI .. I'd rather not even play without it ..

12-08-06, 11:53 AM   #382
flaska
A Theradrim Guardian
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
dito

Originally Posted by Anklebane
it's sad truth, but I have not even logged onto WoW to play since the patch ... I fell so in love with the UI .. I'd rather not even play without it ..
Same here, wow seems boring without this UI

12-08-06, 12:58 PM   #383
darkerosxx
A Murloc Raider
I too feel as if WOW is no good without this UI. I've grown so used to it now that I don't want to go back.

I have $40 going to Mazzle through paypal as soon as the version working with 2.0 is released. I say $40 because it's like playing a new game when I play with this UI, so I give it the same price as when wow came out.

Others should be donating. It's obvious a large amount of work went into this.

12-08-06, 01:10 PM   #384
Mischief
A Murloc Raider
I think Mazzle has been rubbing elbows w/someone. It sure does look like her pic on the new WoW loading splash screen.... =)

12-08-06, 01:59 PM   #385
Lethalweapon
A Cyclonian
aye it is amazing can't wait until the new version. btw - ankylo = noob =p

12-08-06, 04:49 PM   #386
ankylo
A Murloc Raider
lol lethal your such a goof X_X

12-08-06, 04:54 PM   #387
bacon360
A Theradrim Guardian
I just sent ya $20. I hope this helps. good luck mazzle, I can't wait to have another mazzlegazem.

12-08-06, 05:03 PM   #388
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Just to give you guys an update. The 2.0 version is coming along. We've been putting a ton of time into it, basically working every evening into the wee hours. I haven't even respecced my character yet. It's just a lot of work. Given how many different layouts there were (~40) and how non-standard the unit frames are, the loss of DAB and DUF are HUGE. And the generalized nature of everything makes every change in other add-ons results in tons of repurcussions.

Fortunately, one of the testers, Tigerheart, has gotten really involved with development lately. He has single-handedly fixed tons of add-ons, most importantly DFM. Yesterday, he even wrote secure button code to do the context menu independently of a button add-on, which is great, because It would have been a real hack job to try to do it in Bongos. Anyway, all his work has been extremely helpful and has freed me up to do the core parts. He's also been forwarding changes to other authors, and, in some cases, updating stuff in the Ace SVN.

So, here's where it stands:

Done:
- The Mazzifier is now working again. It has also been Ace 2'd. Ace 1 and certain ace 1 add-ons I used like Timex are pretty much deprecated now, so this was a good if not necessary time to do this.
- MazzleUI is now working again, and is also Ace2'd.
- Mazz3d is now workin again, Ace 2'd and is now integrated into MazzleUI.
- All 40+ button layouts have been translated from DAB into Bongos. The majority of information has been retained including floaters.
- All action placement stuff has been translated into an action ID independent format (also needed b/c we can't rely on DAB's button->ID mapping any more)
- All key bindings have been translated into a general format (because we also can no longer rely on DAB binding mechanism)
- Context menu now handled in MazzleUI add-on (Tigerheart)
- About 75% of the add-ons that are not made impossible by 2.0 are working. (Tigerheart)

What's left:
- Finding a solution for paging in the layouts. The way bongos does it makes it very hard to get the shapeshifting and stance layouts to work the way it did before
- Creating unit frames that are similar to what we had before in DUF. All the current unit frame add-ons make really wide frames that just won't fit in the space available in the 1.25 and 1.33 aspect layouts. This is the biggest task left.
- MazzleOptions needs to be Ace2'd and updated for all the add-on changes.
- A lot of add-on configuration in the Mazzifier need to be updated for changes made by authors. Lots of obsolete add-ons need to be removed.
- Some efficiency mode stuff needs to be updated for add-on changes.
- The oRA main tank window options that were available before are no longer available in the latest version, so it once again is super-wide and won't fit in several of the layouts. (This was a problem in closed beta for a long time that made us stick with ora1 for far longer than we wanted to.)
- Fixing some more add-ons

So, in short, it's getting there. Once we figure out the unit frames, it should be fairly smooth sailing. Some aspects might actually be better than before. I don't have a specific time frame, but I'll post again when I know more.

- Mazzle

p.s. And a big thanks to the few of you who made donations lately. Your generosity has been quite encouraging, especially when I wonder why I'm spending so much time on this when I could be playing like everyone else.

Last edited by Mazzlefizz : 12-08-06 at 05:09 PM.

12-08-06, 06:57 PM   #389
Aygen
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Mazzle you are awsome, And i'm very appreciative of the updates. I think that they help keep most of us at bay Good luck with the rest! I think I can easily say all of us are rooting for you and tiger!

12-08-06, 09:41 PM   #390
Scarredangel
A Murloc Raider
fight the good fight

Mazzle...

yo, I waited a good minute for the first release. I can wait for the next one. Just keep doin what you do bro, and I know you will blow the UI world up again.

Thank you to you, and all your team for all your hard work. I gotta give it up to you all, you are one dedicated group.

12-08-06, 10:58 PM   #391
Lilofire
A Murloc Raider
Can't wait for u to hand it out again Mazz, the first shot before the patch was amazing to play with, and I am looking forward to using it again.

Also, do you think that your going to be switching over to Discord UI Builder once Loz has it out, or are u going to stick with Bongo's?

12-08-06, 11:30 PM   #392
bud_weis_er
A Murloc Raider
Mazzlefizz, there is no question that this UI of yours is the best out there for me. Dont over stress yourself, I dont want you to get burned out and lose interest, because without this UI, I would go crazy! Take your time, dont rush things just to put smiles on all of our impatient faces, your true fans will wait a very long time for you to complete your updating. Maybe your update will be just what we all want for christmas, hehehe
Thank you again Mazzlefizz for working so hard on this project

12-09-06, 01:20 PM   #393
Ricowan
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Hey Mazzle,

Since you're already using Ace2, I'd suggest looking at agUnitFrames. It allows you to customize the width of the unit frames independently of the scale, and has a lot of layout choices. I'm sure one of them will fit.

Ricowan

12-09-06, 04:17 PM   #394
Karasulo
A Defias Bandit
Mazz

Just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate your dedication to getting this UI operational again. I'm a very new Mazzifan, having found and fallen in love with you UI about a week before 2.0 came out, and I wanted to cry when they broke it I've been patiently awaiting an update since, and I'm glad to hear it's coming along as well as it is. If I had any extra money to donate to you Mazz, it'd already be on it's way... unfortunately this holiday season has been tough on my wallet

Keep up the good work. We all really appreciate it. WoW is just not WoW unless it has been Mazzified.

~ Karasulo
Lightbringer

12-09-06, 05:11 PM   #395
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Ricowan
Hey Mazzle,

Since you're already using Ace2, I'd suggest looking at agUnitFrames. It allows you to customize the width of the unit frames independently of the scale, and has a lot of layout choices. I'm sure one of them will fit.

Ricowan
Yeah, that's what I've been using. Unfortunately, all the themes are too wide to fit at the lower aspect ratios. But that's ok. I added the option for vertical status bars, so I think I can get the same layout I had before. I just have to make about six themes for the different unit types I had.

12-09-06, 10:42 PM   #396
TigerHeart
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Yeah the mod updates aren't too difficult, the hardest part is getting the unit frames and button configurations going. We're still having some difficulties with bongos last I heard last night (unless mazz figured out something since I was last here), but everything else besides those two seems to be coming together quite smoothly. The context menu was pretty fun to get together as it was all new to me. There's still a few minor issues with it I'm working out (such as the paging, and the UI button won't work in combat now so I have to convert it over to the secure system as well among other things) but it seems to be pretty stable otherwise. Still really no 'defined' estimate that can be given on when it will be out for those wondering. Just as blizzard says, when it's out, it'll be out lol. I think since I got in beta here, most nights I've been up until around 6-7am just working on the changes and such, and the trend is continuing even now.

Also, Scarredangel.. just to let you know it's not really much of a 'team' or 'group' . Until now it was pretty much mazzle, and now I'm just trying to catch up and do what I can to assist as well, mostly to try to shorten up the timeline a bit. Anywho, I should probably get my homework done here so I can get back and get caught up on whats new from mazz today .

-TigerHeart

12-09-06, 11:06 PM   #397
wowaddict
A Murloc Raider

I think bartender3 is alot better then bongos I just can't wait for this UI to be back >< I've been stuck with something thats nearly terrible but getting me through without yours. I hope it comes along smothly mazz .

12-09-06, 11:31 PM   #398
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by wowaddict
I think bartender3 is alot better then bongos I just can't wait for this UI to be back >< I've been stuck with something thats nearly terrible but getting me through without yours. I hope it comes along smothly mazz .
Yeah, bartender seemed really cool. It just had a fixed number of bars, so I wouldn't have been able to translate all the layouts right. With floaters, the translated bar layouts often had more than 10 bars.

12-10-06, 12:13 AM   #399
Anklebane
A Murloc Raider

I'm actually just using the standard UI till Mazzle is done ... I hate everything else now ..

12-10-06, 01:17 AM   #400
trevalore
A Murloc Raider
Just wanted to chime in w/ some encouragement...

Mazzle...

What can I say that hasn't been already. Pretty new to find'n UI mods for WoW since having taken a break of nearly a year and a half. I come back and just happen to catch a glance of your UI through a guildmate's screenshot. I was straight up stunned. Keep plug'n away man. If we can survive patch debacles and other such oddities...we can wait for you do what needs do'n. Keep up the amazing work.

Tremal/Trevalore - Hyjal

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » MazzleUI