11-09-06, 05:41 PM   #101
thejoester
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Well my ID is 30 and my email was correct so I guess ill just wait and hope i get it soon

Thanks for all your efforts Cairenn, you are awesome!
11-09-06, 06:41 PM   #102
Rollak
An Aku'mai Servant
ID# 137, and Email address is 100% correct. Zero email from blizzard. It's not in my Spam folder, not in my inbox. Blizzard isn't blocked from sending me e-mails.

*Sigh* Thanks for all the work Cairenn. You really are spectacular for doing all of this for us. I guess I'm just not meant to be in Beta. Haha.

-Rollak
11-09-06, 09:16 PM   #103
RobertC
A Defias Bandit
just got my key through but ofc with my luck its not valid....
11-09-06, 09:17 PM   #104
Wenge
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Rollak
ID# 137, and Email address is 100% correct. Zero email from blizzard. It's not in my Spam folder, not in my inbox. Blizzard isn't blocked from sending me e-mails.
Yep same with me. Ah well.
11-09-06, 09:21 PM   #105
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by RobertC
just got my key through but ofc with my luck its not valid....
What do you mean it isn't valid?
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
11-09-06, 09:39 PM   #106
RobertC
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Cairenn
What do you mean it isn't valid?
i follow the links go to upgrade account, type in my info then type in the KEY and after clicking upgrade it says "this key is not valid"
11-09-06, 10:22 PM   #107
VincentSDSH
Non-Canadian Luzer!

Ditto. If it wasn't for wanting to get mods working on day-1 for my users I wouldn't care much -- I'm the 'savor the new-content smell' kinda guy -- but I really feel bad for Cairenn in all this. A lot of work went into this and Blizzard pooched it right in Cairenn's lap.
11-10-06, 03:06 AM   #108
Cryect
A Defias Bandit

*Sigh* Thanks for all the work Cairenn. You really are spectacular for doing all of this for us. I guess I'm just not meant to be in Beta. Haha.

-Rollak
Same, id 168 but nothing from Blizzard at all unless GMail is blocking them or something completely for this but I get other Blizzard emails fine.

Would like to get my addons working but guess what ever their mass mailer is has some issues with prolly being blocked somewhere.
11-10-06, 03:17 AM   #109
VincentSDSH
Non-Canadian Luzer!

Originally Posted by Cryect
Same, id 168 but nothing from Blizzard at all unless GMail is blocking them or something completely for this but I get other Blizzard emails fine.

Would like to get my addons working but guess what ever their mass mailer is has some issues with prolly being blocked somewhere.
They aren't being blocked or bottlenecked, not from what the thread on the official forums shows. And they're getting to gmail fine as well reports have indicated.

If you were in batch one and haven't received anything by now you're probably not going to see anything, period. Cairenn posted over on the official forums that past the re-send (which didn't for a fair number (if not most) ) they weren't going to deal with it any further.

As Lum the Mad (lord, is Lum considered old-school these days?) used to say "sending e-mail is hard" Kinda wondering of Absor's working at Blizzard now...this debacle has a familiar, uncomfortable feel to it.
11-10-06, 03:46 AM   #110
whisper450
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
According to what Cairenn posted on the official forum Blizzard is somehow working on the problem. They are quiet about it tho .

Lets cross our finger
11-10-06, 06:18 AM   #111
Nulkris
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Ah how ironic, rushed to get a key (ID 72), only to get the longest wait, forever maybe...

(well until Jan 16th if they get enough copies out here)
11-10-06, 07:19 AM   #112
SkOODaT
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Your ID number: 134

Still nothing here sigh*.. lol

SkOO~

...... got my copy allready paied for and reserved at ebgames .... they better have a copy redy for me in jan lol espically because my bday is like a week after the release lol :P
11-10-06, 09:32 AM   #113
Kyahx
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Has *anyone* under number...say...150 got theirs? Maybe we can figure out where the cutoff was they Blizz seems to have missed.
11-10-06, 10:06 AM   #114
kheldo
A Murloc Raider
Im not sure all that has applied to join the beta will get key (from this fansite), I think blizz takes a few names from the list comming from this site and a few names from all other list they recive from other fansites, I can ofc be very wrong with this, but I think it works like that

correct me if im wrong tho!

anyhow, IDnumber EU484 here, and no key, but I still pray that it will show up someday

and to Cairenn, awesome job with this <3 keep it up!
11-10-06, 10:38 AM   #115
VincentSDSH
Non-Canadian Luzer!

According to Cairenn, ALL of the submitted/approved mods here will get beta keys and the lot of them were all supposed to have been sent Monday, then resent when we weren't getting them. But, as you can see, they still have a massive problem with the system since many (most?) of those that should have them, don't.

Pretty depressing when you think about it. Not only can't they get them sent, or re-sent but from what Cairenn wrote, they aren't going to bother trying to figure it out, just "pfft, we sent it twice, that's it" despite the fact that it's fairly easy to prove the problem's on their end, what with e-mails that are being received getting there in about a minute once it exits their network so it's not a bottleneck or some interim router eating them (i.e. if one gets to gmail, all should make it to gmail).

I miss the Blizzard of the time near the original launch when they seemed to care about any of this kinda stuff.
11-10-06, 10:40 AM   #116
kheldo
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by VincentSDSH
According to Cairenn, ALL of the submitted/approved mods here will get beta keys and the lot of them were all supposed to have been sent Monday, then resent when we weren't getting them. But, as you can see, they still have a massive problem with the system since many (most?) of those that should have them, don't.

Pretty depressing when you think about it. Not only can't they get them sent, or re-sent but from what Cairenn wrote, they aren't going to bother trying to figure it out, just "pfft, we sent it twice, that's it" despite the fact that it's fairly easy to prove the problem's on their end, what with e-mails that are being received getting there in about a minute once it exits their network so it's not a bottleneck or some interim router eating them (i.e. if one gets to gmail, all should make it to gmail).

I miss the Blizzard of the time near the original launch when they seemed to care about any of this kinda stuff.

my bad then..
11-10-06, 03:21 PM   #117
Kodewulf
Premium Member

Premium Member
Originally Posted by VincentSDSH
That's what happens when you have 5 million+ users. They don't really care to foster a good relationship anymore. If you decide to part ways with them, there will be a few hundred to replace you. So they don't really care.

Damn shame tho, cause Blizzard has a very good product. Little rough around the edges, but then that's software for you. It's probably one of the most customizable games out there at the moment. And I have to be honest, if it weren't for that fact I would probably not be coming back again and again.

They SERIOUSLY need to work on their customer support tho.
11-10-06, 04:04 PM   #118
whisper450
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
There is ton of thing that id liek to say but I wont.

Ill just /sigh
11-10-06, 08:44 PM   #119
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
We're giving it one more shot (which goes completely against their policy) and sending out another batch to the names that had previously been submitted. They may not go until Monday morning though, given that it's already 6:45pm.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti

Last edited by Cairenn : 11-10-06 at 09:51 PM.
11-10-06, 09:14 PM   #120
Rollak
An Aku'mai Servant
Wow. Thank you so much Cairenn. I for one, can say I am 100% grateful for this. As you said, we aren't entitled to this by any means, and the fact that Blizzard is sending them again, is awesome.

The strange thing though, is a friend of mine received his key the first time around. And ANOTHER key the second time around. I wonder if this means people will be getting a 3rd unique key to the beta? If so, it's kind of a shame that blizzard didn't set up a quick database with a simple 3 field table.

ID | EMAIL | KEY-SENT

This would probably have prevented their animosity towards sending out the keys again. Also, it would mean that people wouldn't be giving the keys to friends, who didn't earn the keys through one of the promotions, or being a UI Mod Author.

Again, Thank You Cairenn, and I hope I receive my key soon. Long weekend is already 1/3 over!

-Rollak

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » BC Beta Invites Question?