09-26-16, 10:45 PM   #1
Svegan
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Progress Bar Beautification

I would ask, if the devs that are actively maintaining the addon, would be willing to make the following changes to the progress bar code. It has been tested on my system, and works very nicely. It does not depend on screen resolution, or a specific scale setting for the UI.

Lua Code:
  1. if Nx.qdb.profile.QuestWatch.BonusBar then
  2. --[[    if (math.floor(percent) == 0) then
  3.     list:ItemSet(2, format(" |TInterface\\Addons\\Carbonite\\Gfx\\Skin\\InfoBarB:12:100|t %.2f%%", percent))
  4.     else
  5.     ]]  list:ItemSet(2, format(" |TInterface\\Addons\\Carbonite\\Gfx\\Skin\\InfoBarB:12:%d:|t %.2f%%", math.floor(percent), percent))
  6.      --end

In the version I have, the first section starts at line 9048 and the second chunk of code at line 9090.
Message me here, or battletag me at SDEagleOne#1109 in game. I would love to see how this works on other resolutions. I run at 1680x1050 on my monitor. Thanks to all the ones who do work on this wonderful addon as well.
09-26-16, 11:11 PM   #2
Thrumbar
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
You could submit the changes yourself.

1. Create an Github account https://github.com/join?source=header-home

2. After you creat the Git account you go to the Carbonite Git and Fork it.. https://github.com/mikepauer/Carbonite
The Fork button is on the top right of the page.

3. Make changes on your Git account for the selected files and the save and do a pull request from you git account to the carbonite git. The pull request button is there on screen....

Thrumbar

Originally Posted by Svegan View Post
I would ask, if the devs that are actively maintaining the addon, would be willing to make the following changes to the progress bar code. It has been tested on my system, and works very nicely. It does not depend on screen resolution, or a specific scale setting for the UI.

Lua Code:
  1. if Nx.qdb.profile.QuestWatch.BonusBar then
  2. --[[    if (math.floor(percent) == 0) then
  3.     list:ItemSet(2, format(" |TInterface\\Addons\\Carbonite\\Gfx\\Skin\\InfoBarB:12:100|t %.2f%%", percent))
  4.     else
  5.     ]]  list:ItemSet(2, format(" |TInterface\\Addons\\Carbonite\\Gfx\\Skin\\InfoBarB:12:%d:|t %.2f%%", math.floor(percent), percent))
  6.      --end

In the version I have, the first section starts at line 9048 and the second chunk of code at line 9090.
Message me here, or battletag me at SDEagleOne#1109 in game. I would love to see how this works on other resolutions. I run at 1680x1050 on my monitor. Thanks to all the ones who do work on this wonderful addon as well.
09-27-16, 10:26 AM   #3
Svegan
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I have had a git account for a while, if I fork carbonite, will it automatically update, when others make changes to carbonite? I do not want to interfere with the main fork, and I would like to make sure that what I do has no negative impact on the wonderful work you guys are doing.
09-27-16, 10:44 AM   #4
Thrumbar
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
I have had a git account for a while, if I fork carbonite, will it automatically update, when others make changes to carbonite? I do not want to interfere with the main fork, and I would like to make sure that what I do has no negative impact on the wonderful work you guys are doing.
The fork will create a copy of the current version on Carbonites git page..

You will need to update the fork on changes they make to the Carbonite git yourself as any changes made there are not transfer to the forks people make.
http://www.hpique.com/2013/09/updati...y-from-github/

When you do a pull request you are sending the changes to Carbonites git but the changes have to be approved by the people with commit authority to become a part of the carbonite release.. So you will not have a negative effect more than I have ..

Thrumbar
09-27-16, 11:08 AM   #5
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
U can aslo click EDIT file, after changes click SAVE this will create Pull Request.

09-27-16, 11:14 AM   #6
Svegan
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Thanks for your help. I think I am setup properly, made the edit on my fork and submitted a pull request. Let me know if I did anything wrong.
09-27-16, 11:19 AM   #7
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Thanks for your help. I think I am setup properly, made the edit on my fork and submitted a pull request. Let me know if I did anything wrong.
Pull request already accepted
09-27-16, 11:22 AM   #8
Svegan
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Thank you. I hope to add to the wonderful work you guys do.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite: Quests Module » Progress Bar Beautification