05-18-11, 01:47 PM   #1
quyfit
A Murloc Raider
Carbonite map not replacing original wow map?

Maybe I'm missing something very simple, but I just downloaded the new 4.1 Carbonite and, while it's replacing the mini-map, it's not replacing the main map (you know, the big one that pops up with the M key). Instead, the regular WoW map pops up. What is my big nub mistake here?

05-18-11, 03:30 PM   #2
Chmee
A Molten Giant
Keybindings, perhaps? Try alt-M. What does that get you?

05-18-11, 05:46 PM   #3
quyfit
A Murloc Raider
It's not a keybinding issue. Thankfully, I'm a wee bit less noobly than that. Alt-M is still set as my secondary shortcut for the map and it also brings up the original map.

05-19-11, 01:34 PM   #4
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Open Carbonites options (type "/carb options" in chat, right click the Carbonite minimap button and choose "Options" in the menu, right click a non-icon area of any Carbonite map and choose "Options" in the menu) to the "Map" page. Make sure the "Maximize Carbonite map instead of opening normal map" option is checked.

05-19-11, 01:58 PM   #5
quyfit
A Murloc Raider
Yes, it's checked.

05-19-11, 04:39 PM   #6
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Hmmmm..... Does this behavior continue if you disable all addons except Carbonite? That's the only way to tell if the problem is being caused by Carbonite.

05-19-11, 09:12 PM   #7
quyfit
A Murloc Raider
That's exactly how I'm running it now. No T-Bag or anything.

05-20-11, 06:25 AM   #8
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by quyfit View Post
That's exactly how I'm running it now. No T-Bag or anything.
OK. A couple of possibilities come to mind.

For either of these solutions to work, you must first completely exit World of Warcraft back to your desktop.

If, when you installed Carbonite 4.1, you just unzipped the download into your "AddOns" folder (or elsewhere and transferred the folders) allowing it to overwrite the then current folders there, that might be where the problem lies. Delete the Carbonite folders in your "AddOns" folder, and reinstall. Allowing the new files to overwrite the old files occasionally doesn't work very well and can cause odd problems.

If you deleted the old Carbonite folders before installing the new version, try this:

If that doesn't solve your problem, go to your "Path to your WoW folder\WTF\Account\ACCOUNT NAME\SavedVariables\" folder, and rename or delete the "Carbonite.lua" and "Carbonite.lua.bak" files there. Please, BE AWARE that doing this will completely reset Carbonite and it will look and act as if you have just installed it for the first time on ALL of your characters. This is because those two files contain all of the set up information for Carbonite for all of your characters. Sometimes those files, like any other file on your computer, can become corrupted and this is the only way to fix it. I use the phrase "rename or delete" simply because if it doesn't fix the problem, you can always delete the newly created files and rename the old ones back, thus saving all of your character set ups and not having to go through the hassle of setting everything up again.

Last edited by jeffy162 : 05-21-11 at 07:38 AM. Reason: More.

05-21-11, 03:32 PM   #9
quyfit
A Murloc Raider
I just tried both of these and neither worked.

05-21-11, 08:35 PM   #10
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Well then, I'm completely stumped. You, basically, just did a complete reinstall of Carbonite and it made absolutely no difference what so ever? And you completely exited WoW back to your desktop before you did it? Not "alt + tab"bed back to your desktop, but completely exited WoW back to your desktop? You're also running Carbonite as the only enabled addon? And I mean ONLY enabled addon.

Run the World of Warcraft repair tool. It's in the WoW folder and is called "Repair.exe". The icon looks like a glowing wrench on a blue-ish background. It should be in the start menu WoW folder, also. Just like the game, you MUST have an active internet connection for the repair tool to work.

I apologize for the tone of my post. I just haven't seen those solutions fail to work so far. They take care of a corrupted Carbonite installation and corrupted Carbonite saved variables, which (usually) takes care of 99.9% of the problems with Carbonite which do not involve something a reset or change in options can take care of. I'm, quite frankly, nonplussed. I'm really hoping running the WoW repair tool fixes your problem.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite map not replacing original wow map?