did you read the post above you???
someone found a temp fix..
It says line 8064 - its not on 8064...

12-12-10, 05:07 PM   #22
samyonair
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Spahut View Post
It says line 8064 - its not on 8064...
in my carbonite lua it's line 7826 but a search with term:"Nx.prt("SpellCastSent: %s^%s^%s",arg2,arg3,arg4)" finds the line

greets samyonair

12-13-10, 12:19 AM   #23
skyesfury
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by feek View Post
Nx.prt("SpellCastSent: %s^%s^%s",arg2,arg3,arg4)

on line 8604

to comment it out, make it

-- Nx.prt("SpellCastSent: %s^%s^%s",arg2,arg3,arg4)
This was on line 7826 for my Carbonite.lua

12-13-10, 05:25 AM   #24
Phoenixbeard
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by skyesfury View Post
This was on line 7826 for my Carbonite.lua
How are you opening the file??
Yes I'm a noob when it comes to such things

NVM figured it out

Last edited by Phoenixbeard : 12-13-10 at 05:31 AM. Reason: figured it out

12-13-10, 05:29 AM   #25
shadow78
A Cliff Giant
Smile

Originally Posted by Phoenixbeard View Post
How are you opening the file??
Yes I'm a noob when it comes to such things
any text editor can do it... i think
ex notepad

12-13-10, 10:31 AM   #26
logaholic
A Fallenroot Satyr
changing that line of code worked, but...when i open it up it's line 8011, and I, use beyond compare to open up these files.

However in regards to the other people and what it is for them, as long as they search for that line of text then there good...

But in regards to skeysfury and anyone else that some how got line 7826.... If you open it with notepad, and have word wrap turned off, under the Edit tab you have a "Go To" option, you can only use this option when word wrap is turned off, however if you type in 8604 in the Go To it takes you right to this line. Unless of course you are using a different version of carbonite or maybe opening the wrong file, but idk if this line is in any of the others, as i know nothing about programing :P

12-13-10, 12:48 PM   #27
feek
A Defias Bandit

Smile

FYI; I used regular old notepad in Windows 7. I'll edit my post with a disclaimer to search if the line is different.

12-13-10, 12:50 PM   #28
Chincoteague
A Defias Bandit
Smile Lua Code

Just loaded the beta.

After reading the notes in forum, i opened up the carbonite.lua file to make the change to the line of code.

i'm not familiar to code, but after reading to confirm my understanding of the code change (to add the ' -- ' ) in front of the line, I headed to line 8604

I did not find that line of code there.

I did a FIND and confirm line 7826 for my file.

I am hoping that this will fix the issue, as it certainly did exist prior to making this change.

I am about to find out. :-)

As for most people playing WoW, they might be "gamers" but they are not coders, so they need the Coding for Dummies comments provided so they can understand exactly where to go, what to open, etc.

Some people piece it together... most will not or have a fear of screwing things up worse.

Be patient and remember that your audience might be an 8-year old... who whooped you in PvP yesterday, but still can't comprehend coding... or maybe it's an adult who has no clue what Lua means or does.

Thanks for the posts!
~Tex

Last edited by Chincoteague : 12-13-10 at 12:55 PM.

12-13-10, 05:13 PM   #29
Drano
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by Chincoteague View Post
Just loaded the beta.

After reading the notes in forum, i opened up the carbonite.lua file to make the change to the line of code.

i'm not familiar to code, but after reading to confirm my understanding of the code change (to add the ' -- ' ) in front of the line, I headed to line 8604

I am hoping that this will fix the issue, as it certainly did exist prior to making this change.

As for most people playing WoW, they might be "gamers" but they are not coders, so they need the Coding for Dummies comments provided so they can understand exactly where to go, what to open, etc.

Some people piece it together... most will not or have a fear of screwing things up worse.

Be patient and remember that your audience might be an 8-year old... who whooped you in PvP yesterday, but still can't comprehend coding... or maybe it's an adult who has no clue what Lua means or does.

Thanks for the posts!
~Tex
excellent! yeah mine was found in notepad in win7 just "find..." command and typed in a few parts of the line that needed to be prefaced with "--" works fine now...

I have one other thing, has anyone got a mining/herbing cache that is "complete"? it sucks flying around looking for nodes now (yes I am spoiled from previous versions, but I know its all new still) :P

12-13-10, 05:48 PM   #30
projecthate
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Chincoteague View Post
Just loaded the beta.

Thanks for the posts!
~Tex
I'm not sure if you're interested for this example or future examples... but here's a brief explanation.

Every programming language has some sort of formatting that allows you to "comment" certain portions of code out. In Lua, the language wow addons run on, this is "--" for a single line and I believe you would use "--[[" and "]]" to span multiple lines. In any case, when the code is interpreted it will ignore commented portions. So effectively by commenting this line out you're telling carbonite to NOT print out the information about spell casts.

12-13-10, 09:18 PM   #31
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by feek View Post
Nx.prt("SpellCastSent: %s^%s^%s",arg2,arg3,arg4)

on line 8604 (Using Windows7 Notepad)

to comment it out, make it

-- Nx.prt("SpellCastSent: %s^%s^%s",arg2,arg3,arg4)

Edit: If line 8604 is different for you, just do a search/find for SpellCastSent:
In mine it's line 7826, so definitely do a search for it.

12-14-10, 12:16 AM   #32
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

My bad. I noticed that on today and disabled it. I did not think it was in beta 3. I am testing beta 4 now and should have it out in an hour or so. Haavok did not get me the quest data today, so we will try for a regular release tomorrow.

12-14-10, 09:27 AM   #33
dragonwow
A Kobold Labourer
hi i need install Carbonite 4.031

Carbonite 4.032002 beta

Carbonite 4.032003 beta

Carbonite 4.032004 beta

or no plase help me i not how make instaled

12-14-10, 10:13 AM   #34
Wyldhunt
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by dragonwow View Post
hi i need install Carbonite 4.031

Carbonite 4.032002 beta

Carbonite 4.032003 beta

Carbonite 4.032004 beta

or no plase help me i not how make instaled
The larger the number, the newer the release.
So, on your list:
Carbonite 4.031 is the oldest version.
Carbonite 4.032004 beta is the newest version.
Remember that Beta builds are not released builds. Beta means that the author is releasing new and untested code. Thus, Beta builds often contain bugs or unfinished code.

If you want to make sure that you have the most recent stable version, just click the download link on the right hand side of their wowinterface addon page, found here:
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...nite.html#info

12-14-10, 10:18 AM   #35
djGrrr
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by carboniteaddon View Post
My bad. I noticed that on today and disabled it. I did not think it was in beta 3. I am testing beta 4 now and should have it out in an hour or so. Haavok did not get me the quest data today, so we will try for a regular release tomorrow.
i hope your not meaning a stable release version, the current version of carbonite has a serious lag bug, after some time playing every time you attack something, the game freezes for a few ms, the longer you play with carbonite loaded, the worse the lag gets, it eventually starts to affect framerate really badly, this happens whether in dungeons or not. unloading carbonite makes the problem go away completely. this seems to be something new since 4.0.3

12-14-10, 03:02 PM   #36
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by djGrrr View Post
i hope your not meaning a stable release version, the current version of carbonite has a serious lag bug, after some time playing every time you attack something, the game freezes for a few ms, the longer you play with carbonite loaded, the worse the lag gets, it eventually starts to affect framerate really badly, this happens whether in dungeons or not. unloading carbonite makes the problem go away completely. this seems to be something new since 4.0.3
Unloading Carbonite does not mean it is Carbonite, since unloading it requires logging out and back in, which reloads the world and all addons.

Is "Display Lua Errors" checked in the Help page of the game Interface options? It needs to be on or when addon errors happen you may get lag without knowing why.

If we saw serious bugs like that we would be fixing them. I spent about 4 hours last night testing beta 4 by leveling my rogue from 80 to 81. I did 51 quests in Vashj'ir. There was no lag. Common bugs are easy to spot, because many people will post about them. See how many people posted about chat spam or missing quest areas? A lot. Your bug could easily be caused by a rare combination of game, addon and OS settings.

I would:

1 Reboot the computer.
2 Delete the Cache folder.
3 Rename WTF to WTFold.
4 Delete all Carbonite folders in Inteface\Addons. Download and install the latest Carbonite version again.
5 Disable all addons except Carbonite.
6 Play and see what happens.

Also try typing /reload if you see the problem and see if that reduces it.

12-14-10, 03:12 PM   #37
Fledder
A Murloc Raider
Unloading Carbonite does not mean it is Carbonite, since unloading it requires logging out and back in, which reloads the world and all addons.

Is "Display Lua Errors" checked in the Help page of the game Interface options? It needs to be on or when addon errors happen you may get lag without knowing why.

If we saw serious bugs like that we would be fixing them. I spent about 4 hours last night testing beta 4 by leveling my rogue from 80 to 81. I did 51 quests in Vashj'ir. There was no lag. Common bugs are easy to spot, because many people will post about them. See how many people posted about chat spam or missing quest areas? A lot. Your bug could easily be caused by a rare combination of game, addon and OS settings.

I would:

1 Reboot the computer.
3 Rename WTF to WTFold.
4 Delete all Carbonite folders in Inteface\Addons. Download and install the latest Carbonite version again.

Noobish question.. what folder is the Cache folder?

12-14-10, 04:38 PM   #38
Chmee
A Molten Giant
The one named "Cache" (without the quotes) in your World of Warcraft folder.

12-14-10, 05:22 PM   #39
djGrrr
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

I would:

1 Reboot the computer.
3 Rename WTF to WTFold.

u don't need to logout to unload carbonite, an addon such as addon control panel can do that with a simple reload ui, and after running for a while, if i switch it off then reload ui, the problem goes away, if i don't turn it off, and reload ui with carbonite the problem stays. also, i seriously doubt the issue would even be noticable if i unloaded all other addons, for 1, i can't even do any kind of combat without addons because the builtin ui is so crap, 2, i have a lot of addons and i'm sure they do add some load, and without them its probably going to take a LOT longer to find any issue because other addons are not taking up any resources. but as i've stated, the issue only pops up if carbonite is loaded, and from many other forum posts on the issue i think it can't be that un-common

12-14-10, 06:05 PM   #40
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

A reload is not simple. It removes all addons from memory, saves data and reloads all addons and saved data.

Most if not all recent lag posts have to do with repeating Lua errors in instances. Which posts are you referring to?

Ultimately if I can't get the problem to happen on my computer, then how do you think it will get fixed? I can't blindly guess with 26000 lines of code. I don't know what other addons you are running or your settings. Disabling other addons is a test to see if they are interacting badly with Carbonite or the actual cause of the problem. I don't expect you to go off and play the game like that forever.

Occasionally I have had to make blind fixes and sometimes they don't work. The more info someone gives us, the better chance it will get fixed.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite 4.032006 Beta (many bug fixes)