12-12-08, 05:43 AM   #1
ffxiedyn
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Skinning Proffesion Tooltip

Anyone know of or able to make an addon that hooks to the tool tip, supplying info about different creatures that can/cant be skinned? (yes i know blizzard's tool tip says if the mob is skinnable once the mob is dead, but I was hoping for the info before wasting time killing the mob >_<) Thanks!
12-12-08, 07:00 AM   #2
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I haven't used it in awhile so I don't remember for sure, but I think MobInfo does that.
12-12-08, 07:12 AM   #3
DKDuke
A Defias Bandit
Premium Member
Question

I haven't used MobInfo for sometime now, but if I recall it will not indicate skinable prior to kill, however it will track the loot from mobs if you skin/mine them after a kill. And that information would show on the tooltip of the mob based on your history of skinning loots from that mob.
12-12-08, 04:07 PM   #4
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
No Mobinfo does not show that info.

The problem is there is no way to determine if a creature can be skinned or not before the skinning line appears in the tooltip with out a database to say so. There is an addon called Gatherer2 that will do what you ask. BUT it will require you to skin a mob (or at least mouse over a corpse that can be skinned) to remember that for future reference.

** Above info from kellewic -- Author of Gathersage2 **
12-12-08, 06:00 PM   #5
ffxiedyn
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Re

Thanks. If this is best I can hope for, then at least once its used on one charavcter, all info is there for any character i use from then on.. ^_^ Muchas gracias!
12-13-08, 10:58 AM   #6
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Sepioth View Post

The problem is there is no way to determine if a creature can be skinned or not before the skinning line appears in the tooltip with out a database to say so. There is an addon called Gatherer2 that will do what you ask. BUT it will require you to skin a mob (or at least mouse over a corpse that can be skinned) to remember that for future reference.

I thought MobInfo kept a database? Or am I confusing this with another addon?
12-13-08, 11:17 AM   #7
Psoewish
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Originally Posted by Silenia View Post
I thought MobInfo kept a database? Or am I confusing this with another addon?
You and Sep were both right.
MobInfo does indeed keep a database and is able to show what certain mobs drop in the tooltip. And through this you would be able to know if it's skinnable or not (cause skinned stuff is classified as loot as well, so you would see "Light Leather" as loot for example)

What Sep was on about is that you can't know if a mob is skinnable before you fought it, as that info isn't available by Blizz.
02-01-09, 01:26 AM   #8
kellewic
Premium Member

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Sepioth View Post

GatherSage2 can do this. It will show what a living, or dead, creature can be skinned for; just mouseover or target it. This also works for creatures that can be gathered from (herbalism) and mined.

There is no need to have to skin, mine, or gather from a creature since GatherSage2 now has an internal database of all this.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Skinning Proffesion Tooltip