05-24-16, 11:09 AM   #1
lightspark
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Util.lua typo

Hi! Here's a tiny bug I found, while I was toying w/ new bar "smoothing" and stuff.

Bug is here, it should be:
Lua Code:
  1. if math.abs(newValue - targetValue) < .005 then

I know it's a minor bug, but bug is a bug

05-25-16, 12:57 AM   #2
zork
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Lightspark have you worked with the new Blizzard functions to create a smooth statusbar already?
An example would be nice.

"I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" - Rajesh Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)

05-25-16, 02:06 AM   #3
lightspark
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Originally Posted by zork View Post
Lightspark have you worked with the new Blizzard functions to create a smooth statusbar already?
An example would be nice.
I tried mixing in their mixin for testing, but I had to use their methods to set values, that's not something I wanted to do, so I came up w/ this, may tweak it a bit more though.

It overrides existing setters, sorta oUF_Smooth style, hehe. It also addresses few annoyances of blizz implementation (that's subjective thingy), it adjusts bar's current value, when you set new min/max values, so you have much more fluid animation, if any, cuz 100% filled bars stay ~100% filled, instead of popping out of nowhere But I should test it a bit more, there might be bugs.

I didn't alter their "smoother", I like the way it works, except mentioned bug, so all props to guy(s), who wrote it.

Last edited by lightspark : 05-25-16 at 02:29 AM.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Archived Beta Forums » Legion Beta archived threads » Util.lua typo