11-24-10, 05:20 PM   #1
ReighnDae
A Murloc Raider

Button Facade

I have recently started using nUI; which I must say is a great piece of work; and I am trying to use Button Facade with it. The problem I am having is that my unused action buttons are transparent, meaning all I get is a frame for each one. How do I get the artwork for unused buttons to show? I have read the nUI user guide and the list of / commands with no luck. Please help. Thanks.

11-25-10, 12:10 PM   #2
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Operating from memory here, but I *think* there's an option to show the button grid in the WoW interface menu -- press "Escape" -- select "Interface" and "Action Bars" -- again, I *think* there's an option there to show the grid.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

11-25-10, 05:06 PM   #3
ReighnDae
A Murloc Raider

Button Facade

Actually it's a / command that shows the action bar grid. I am trying to get the artwork to show on empty buttons.

11-25-10, 05:13 PM   #4
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Unless you changed it since Scott I think nUI actually ignores that setting and does its own setting.

One of my plugins allows you to toggle the setting to always show, never show or let nUI control it.

12-24-10, 07:55 PM   #5
ordegar
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
Unless you changed it since Scott I think nUI actually ignores that setting and does its own setting.

One of my plugins allows you to toggle the setting to always show, never show or let nUI control it.
If you're referring to nUI_ActionBar_GridDisplay then that is not what I believe the OP is looking for; it only makes the lines between hotkeys show. What the OP, and I, want is to have the glossy skin look from buttonfacade on hotkey slots with no ability in them. When you start to drag an ability, the glossy skinned buttons show up, but when you're no longer draggin it goes back to boring flat.

12-24-10, 08:08 PM   #6
ordegar
A Defias Bandit
Here's some screenshots. The first one is with Buttonfade and the nui addon that allows it to work with nui; with the Caith skin and full gloss. The second screenshot is the same thing but while I'm dragging an icon off of a hotbar. So, what I want, and I think the OP is asking for is how do we get it to look like the second screenshot when not dragging icons.

Last edited by ordegar : 12-24-10 at 08:10 PM.

12-24-10, 08:21 PM   #7
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Originally Posted by ordegar View Post
If you're referring to nUI_ActionBar_GridDisplay then that is not what I believe the OP is looking for; it only makes the lines between hotkeys show. What the OP, and I, want is to have the glossy skin look from buttonfacade on hotkey slots with no ability in them. When you start to drag an ability, the glossy skinned buttons show up, but when you're no longer draggin it goes back to boring flat.
And my plugin doesn't do that ? All I do is turn on the borders as if the user has activated to always display the buttons.

Hmm, I'll add button facade and see if it does what I expect.

Edit: I can confirm that Button Facade only seems to work with buttons that are actually there and not empty backdrop frames. It looks like that could be due to perhaps the nUI Button Facade or Button Facade itself only drawing on the frames that exist once a spell / ability has been added.

_ActionOverlay and _CDC are extra frames that are created when an ability is dragged onto the frame. I suspect when dragging the same is done for all frames at that point. Looking at both the nUI plugin and Button Facade itself I can't see anything specific in there that would help me confirm one way or another if that is the case. If neither of them are at fault then the ace libraries are controlling everything and I won't go anywhere near those to figure it out rofl.

Last edited by Xrystal : 12-24-10 at 09:00 PM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Customization » nUI: Plugin Support » Button Facade