Ok, I did precisely this, in the sequence you suggest. The interface
works as I would expect it to. I end up with 2 new clique bindings:

<ICON0> Pet Action 5 LeftButton
<ICON1> Pet Action 4 RightButton

Which seems sensible, but it does not function. When I summon
the water elemental, using the left mouse button does not activate
"Pet Action 5" (ranged frost nova). Likewise, when I use the right
mouse button with the water elemental out, it does not activate
"Pet Action 4" (water elemental frost bolt).

The only thing I see missing during my set up, is a unit assignment.
Is that necessary?
No, you're doing it right. I'll ahve to find a mage, to see what the issue is. I know it works for my hunter and warlock, but I'll test again.

EDIT: I just tested on my mage, and this worked without any issues. To be clear, are you clicking on unit frames, or are you trying to click in the 3-D world? Clique is designed to use unit frames, so it will only work there for now.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."

Last edited by Cladhaire : 12-06-06 at 08:32 PM.
12-06-06, 08:26 PM   #22
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Clique 2.1.1 has been released which adds the following features:

* Fixed icon issues, all non-set icons should now properly use the question mark
* Added custom radio buttons, courtesy Beladona
* The MacroText edit box is now a true multi line edit box. You should be able to use multiple line macros without any issues (they would fail before)
* I added a "Unit Menu" action under the custom edit screen. This should allow you to rebind the pop up menus if you want to re-bind right click. This works by calling the Frame.menu function(), which has to exist.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."

Last edited by Cladhaire : 12-06-06 at 08:52 PM.
12-07-06, 08:56 PM   #23
Ministry
A Murloc Raider

Cladhaire, any chance to bring back the "When clicking a dead target"-choice back from previous Clique? It made mass-rezzing after a wipe or fighting Vael so much easier. It should work with WoW 2.0.1 as you're only able to rezz when out of combat (where most new restrictions don't apply).
12-07-06, 09:07 PM   #24
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
I don't know. I'll think on it.
12-08-06, 01:44 AM   #25
Wlk
A Defias Bandit
I got some random bugs with 2.1.1 when trying to "overwrite" default cast binding on left/right button with Out Of Combat Left click target and Right click Menu settings, but it seems to me to be working only directly after setting, but not for long. After some time or restart clique somehow forgets overwriting priority and start using default binding (ie heal casts for me). Which is kinda annoying, because i usually prefer to target/get menu out of combat than heal. Any chance to fix it?
12-08-06, 03:23 AM   #26
enochlol
A Kobold Labourer
I have been using clickheal for a long time and i was quite used to it. Clique works fine but im missing a "feature" click had which was the fact that it was not working on some frames.

I would like to be able to temporally disable clique by pressing a keys maybe because i like to use left and right mouse button to click cast but it interferes with the defaut setting preventing me from whispering or selecting a target.
I know u can manually disable clique on frames but i would like to be able to do it a lot faster than going into options.
12-08-06, 04:00 AM   #27
Sletznikova
A Murloc Raider
Let me first sketch out the problem I'm trying to solve:

I want to use other keys than ctrl, alt and shift as my modifier keys (I cant reach these buttons very well in my keyboard layout). I used to solve this by swapping a bar page to another page on keydown of this new modifier key and swap back when releasing that key. Than have Clique perform the action that was on button 1 of that bar. However I havent been able to get that working with the new Wow version yet.

Now to my questions:
- Would the "Click button" functionality be able to do this for me (I have the bar page swapping thing working). What do I type in the "button name" field?
- If not.. Can you hint me into another solution direction
- If this is not possible.. Could you make it possible to use other modifier keys? I think I'm gonna look into modifying your code tonight, but it would be nicer if you incorporated it in your own code so I dont have to patch Clique every time you release a new version

Thanx alot in advance,

Sletznikova

PS Clique is hitting the nail of clickcasting right on the head! Nice choice to work from the spellbook. You opened the world of clickcasting to a lot more people! thanx!
12-08-06, 07:10 AM   #28
Ozymandius
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I would just like to thank Cladhaire for the 'ClickCastFrame' registry system. Added this to OzRaid & Clique works loverly with it. I just hope the other click cast addons use the same thing as it makes life much easier

One request/question, is it possible to bind a click to open the context menu (like right-clicking on the target frame does)? I had a brief look at what target frame does, but my initial feeble attempt failed dismally
12-08-06, 07:15 AM   #29
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Wlk
I got some random bugs with 2.1.1 when trying to "overwrite" default cast binding on left/right button with Out Of Combat Left click target and Right click Menu settings, but it seems to me to be working only directly after setting, but not for long. After some time or restart clique somehow forgets overwriting priority and start using default binding (ie heal casts for me). Which is kinda annoying, because i usually prefer to target/get menu out of combat than heal. Any chance to fix it?
I have to work on this this weekend. Right now the priorities are a bit skewed, because I have to do that all manually, and I suspect there's an issue with them. I'll let you know when it working as expected.
12-08-06, 07:17 AM   #30
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Originally Posted by enochlol
I have been using clickheal for a long time and i was quite used to it. Clique works fine but im missing a "feature" click had which was the fact that it was not working on some frames.

I would like to be able to temporally disable clique by pressing a keys maybe because i like to use left and right mouse button to click cast but it interferes with the defaut setting preventing me from whispering or selecting a target.
I know u can manually disable clique on frames but i would like to be able to do it a lot faster than going into options.
1.) You can re-bind Target and Unit Menu to some other click (i.e. Alt-Left or Right Click), but I like this idea. The keybind would NOT work when you are in combat, there's absolutely no way around that.. but this would be a really niec alternative, thanks for teh idea.
12-08-06, 07:20 AM   #31
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Sletznikova
Let me first sketch out the problem I'm trying to solve:

I want to use other keys than ctrl, alt and shift as my modifier keys (I cant reach these buttons very well in my keyboard layout). I used to solve this by swapping a bar page to another page on keydown of this new modifier key and swap back when releasing that key. Than have Clique perform the action that was on button 1 of that bar. However I havent been able to get that working with the new Wow version yet.

Now to my questions:
- Would the "Click button" functionality be able to do this for me (I have the bar page swapping thing working). What do I type in the "button name" field?
- If not.. Can you hint me into another solution direction
- If this is not possible.. Could you make it possible to use other modifier keys? I think I'm gonna look into modifying your code tonight, but it would be nicer if you incorporated it in your own code so I dont have to patch Clique every time you release a new version
There is no real easy way to allow other bindings, without seriously complicating the code. In short, you'd have to have a state header which creates a number of your custom bindings, then set every single frame to reference that state header in order to change the click behaviors. In short, that part is far from trivial.

You can do this with the "Click button" action, as you stated. The easiest way to do it, is the first default action button is named "ActionButton1", so you would type:
ActionButton1 into the name field, and it should work as expected. This is a MUCH simpler solution than defauting it into Clique (it would be VERY obtrusive)

EDIT: I should note that you can't by default use any modifiers other than Alt, Control and Shift, which is what really makes this complicated.
12-08-06, 07:23 AM   #32
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Ozymandius
I would just like to thank Cladhaire for the 'ClickCastFrame' registry system. Added this to OzRaid & Clique works loverly with it. I just hope the other click cast addons use the same thing as it makes life much easier

One request/question, is it possible to bind a click to open the context menu (like right-clicking on the target frame does)? I had a brief look at what target frame does, but my initial feeble attempt failed dismally
Absolutely, create a custom click with type "Unit Menu", and it'll work on the default frames. This works by calling the member function FrameObjec*****nu, which is something that the default Blizzard frames set on their own. That's what you need to look into (PlayerFrame_OnLoad shows where this magic happens, by calling SecureUnitButton_SomeFunction, which sets it.
12-08-06, 07:28 AM   #33
lnevo
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Ministry
Cladhaire, any chance to bring back the "When clicking a dead target"-choice back from previous Clique? It made mass-rezzing after a wipe or fighting Vael so much easier. It should work with WoW 2.0.1 as you're only able to rezz when out of combat (where most new restrictions don't apply).
yeah really liked that functionality. had practically every click setup to res
12-08-06, 07:40 AM   #34
Sletznikova
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Cladhaire
There is no real easy way to allow other bindings, without seriously complicating the code. In short, you'd have to have a state header which creates a number of your custom bindings, then set every single frame to reference that state header in order to change the click behaviors. In short, that part is far from trivial.

You can do this with the "Click button" action, as you stated. The easiest way to do it, is the first default action button is named "ActionButton1", so you would type:
ActionButton1 into the name field, and it should work as expected. This is a MUCH simpler solution than defauting it into Clique (it would be VERY obtrusive)

EDIT: I should note that you can't by default use any modifiers other than Alt, Control and Shift, which is what really makes this complicated.
I tried ActionButton1, but that didnt seem to do anything.. It didnt pop up any error, but it didnt cast any spell either...
12-08-06, 07:48 AM   #35
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Originally Posted by lnevo
yeah really liked that functionality. had practically every click setup to res
The problem is, I'd have to PRECLICK hook every single button you want to use, and alter the attributes on the frame if the unit itself is dead. This is possible, but I was doing everythign possible to avoid hooking anything in the buttons, since its VERY costly.

Originally Posted by Sletznikova
I tried ActionButton1, but that didnt seem to do anything.. It didnt pop up any error, but it didnt cast any spell either...
Hrm, very odd. I tested that functionality, I hope it's still working and didn't break somehow =(. Do the following for me:

PlayerFrame:SetAttribute("shift-type1", "click")
PlayerFrame:SetAttribute("shift-clickbutton1", ActionButton1)

Then try shift-left clicking your player frame (default). It should click the action button 1. If that works, let me know, its a bug on my end.
12-08-06, 07:49 AM   #36
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Verified, its a bug on my end. Find the following in Clique.lua:
Code:
	elseif entry.type == "click" then
		frame:SetAttribute(entry.modifier.."type"..button, entry.type)
		frame:SetAttribute(entry.modifier.."delegate"..button, getglobal(entry.arg1))
change that last line to read
Code:
		frame:SetAttribute(entry.modifier.."clickbutton"..button, getglobal(entry.arg1))
If that fixes it, I'll commit the change when I get home.
12-08-06, 07:55 AM   #37
Sletznikova
A Murloc Raider
hehe.. gonna try that when I get home as well nerf work
12-08-06, 07:56 AM   #38
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
True dat. I'm answering forum posts in between page refreshes and installations at work =)
12-08-06, 09:57 AM   #39
Ministry
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by Cladhaire
The problem is, I'd have to PRECLICK hook every single button you want to use, and alter the attributes on the frame if the unit itself is dead. This is possible, but I was doing everythign possible to avoid hooking anything in the buttons, since its VERY costly.
Well ain't there some "easy way out"? I mean - you'd need to bind this in the "out of combat"-section that already exists and only add the check whether or not the target is dead. I dunno however, if this conditional construct's gonna work with 2.0.1. There are some restrictions lifted when out of combat but I haven't been able to pin down what exactly is possible then.
12-08-06, 10:21 AM   #40
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
No, there's no easy way out. I do know exactly whats possible, and this is how this would need to be done.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Cladhaire's Mods » Help with Clique