12-08-06, 10:58 AM   #41
Laag
A Murloc Raider
You may have gotten several questions like this already, but like so many former CastParty users, I am trying adjust to WoW 2.0 and the new restrictions on UI. As such, I'm trying Clique for the first time and finding it be extremely useful!

What I am finding though is more than any clicking and healing functions with CastParty, I was extremely reliant on the super-compact party unit frames the mod employed. I always viewed them as an extremely ugly, though very functional frame, but now am realizing the genius behind Danboo's original creation.

In the standard and most useful format, these frames were simply transparent bars, containing customizable text (such as name, level, percent helath, etc) The frames/bars filled as the target took damage, changing color depending on the % of total health. The key point is that the frames were compact, without any superfluous graphics, lines, etc and ENTIRELY dominated by the current health of the target. A small sliver at the bottom would show the mana/rage/energy, but this was entirely cursory to the rest of the frame showing the health. In short, these frames were entirely designed with healers in mind.

Here is a screenshot:
http://sourceforge.net/dbimage.php?id=32024

What I'm wondering is if you know of any other mod / addon that can duplicate this type of frame for your party? Preferrably one that is very easy to use instead of one that could potentially duplicate with some fancy config tweeks. I noticed that you had previously worked on Watchdog which may be similar... do you have any plans on picking that up again?
12-08-06, 10:58 AM   #42
Ministry
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by Cladhaire
No, there's no easy way out. I do know exactly whats possible, and this is how this would need to be done.
Well Then I'm gonna stick with my out-of-combat click-binding to rez the people
12-08-06, 11:41 AM   #43
Sletznikova
A Murloc Raider
Verified, its a bug on my end. Find the following in Clique.lua:
Code:
	elseif entry.type == "click" then
		frame:SetAttribute(entry.modifier.."type"..button, entry.type)
		frame:SetAttribute(entry.modifier.."delegate"..button, getglobal(entry.arg1))
change that last line to read
Code:
		frame:SetAttribute(entry.modifier.."clickbutton"..button, getglobal(entry.arg1))
If that fixes it, I'll commit the change when I get home.
I tried it.. and that did indeed fix it! Superb! It works exactly like I want it now! thanx
12-08-06, 12:37 PM   #44
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Laag
What I'm wondering is if you know of any other mod / addon that can duplicate this type of frame for your party? Preferrably one that is very easy to use instead of one that could potentially duplicate with some fancy config tweeks. I noticed that you had previously worked on Watchdog which may be similar... do you have any plans on picking that up again?
I don't know if Cladhaire is updating Watchdog now, but I use a very nice party and raid frame in conjuction with clique: ag_UnitFrames. Too bad the wowace site is down else I would link documentation to you.

You can download the frames at http://www.wowace.com/files/ag_UnitF...UnitFrames.zip
12-08-06, 12:47 PM   #45
Cinnamonia
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by Ministry
Cladhaire, any chance to bring back the "When clicking a dead target"-choice back from previous Clique? It made mass-rezzing after a wipe or fighting Vael so much easier. It should work with WoW 2.0.1 as you're only able to rezz when out of combat (where most new restrictions don't apply).
Oh please, oh please..make it so, Number One!

Is there a custom macro that will target the dead person, check to see if they are dead and if so, cast resurrection? If not, it should default back to whatever else is bound to that click (i.e., heals). I loved not having to have a separate bind for that.

This is the only time when I want to target someone actually, because I enjoyed the says (Serenity?) gave me, but I always forgot to have them targetted to include their name in the says.
12-08-06, 12:56 PM   #46
Junyr
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Laag
You may have gotten several questions like this already, but like so many former CastParty users, I am trying adjust to WoW 2.0 and the new restrictions on UI. As such, I'm trying Clique for the first time and finding it be extremely useful!

What I am finding though is more than any clicking and healing functions with CastParty, I was extremely reliant on the super-compact party unit frames the mod employed. I always viewed them as an extremely ugly, though very functional frame, but now am realizing the genius behind Danboo's original creation.

In the standard and most useful format, these frames were simply transparent bars, containing customizable text (such as name, level, percent helath, etc) The frames/bars filled as the target took damage, changing color depending on the % of total health. The key point is that the frames were compact, without any superfluous graphics, lines, etc and ENTIRELY dominated by the current health of the target. A small sliver at the bottom would show the mana/rage/energy, but this was entirely cursory to the rest of the frame showing the health. In short, these frames were entirely designed with healers in mind.

Here is a screenshot:
http://sourceforge.net/dbimage.php?id=32024

He has that frame mod, it's called "watchdog". Last I heard Cladhaire is working on getting it compliant with 2.0, but is a little behind. Watchdog IS exactly the screeshot you provided visually as well as functionally.
12-08-06, 01:55 PM   #47
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Cinnamonia
Oh please, oh please..make it so, Number One!

Is there a custom macro that will target the dead person, check to see if they are dead and if so, cast resurrection? If not, it should default back to whatever else is bound to that click (i.e., heals). I loved not having to have a separate bind for that.

This is the only time when I want to target someone actually, because I enjoyed the says (Serenity?) gave me, but I always forgot to have them targetted to include their name in the says.
No there is no macro that works, you HAVE to use a template for this sort of thing, hence the issuel.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
12-08-06, 01:55 PM   #48
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Junyr
He has that frame mod, it's called "watchdog". Last I heard Cladhaire is working on getting it compliant with 2.0, but is a little behind. Watchdog IS exactly the screeshot you provided visually as well as functionally.
Correct, WatchDog, PerfectRaid and Clique are my only mods, and I'm working on all of them.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
12-08-06, 04:23 PM   #49
Sletznikova
A Murloc Raider
Darn.. I thought I had everything working as I hoped, but now I discover that the "Click Button" feature doesnt target the unit you click on.. is that intended?
12-08-06, 04:56 PM   #50
Junyr
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Sletznikova
Darn.. I thought I had everything working as I hoped, but now I discover that the "Click Button" feature doesnt target the unit you click on.. is that intended?
It is intended. It's part of the new 2.0 scrpting language. Blizzard does not want this functionality in the game so they stopped it from happening. It has nothing to do with this or any other mod. It's all blizzard.
12-08-06, 05:06 PM   #51
Tsume
A Defias Bandit
Correct, WatchDog, PerfectRaid and Clique are my only mods, and I'm working on all of them.
And I offer an honest thankyou for your hard work on all of these useful mods, which have become part of my essential pack. I eagerly await their update, and understand the time and real life constraints that affect your efforts. However, your efforts do not go un-noticed and I'm sure all the others who have posted here will agree with that.

Yesterday, the Wowinterface site's downloads were failing for me, luckily when I checked today the low bandwith version was out front. And thank goodness. I have been spoiled by clique and literally functioned at less than half capacity on my priest because of it's absence.

Keep up the hard work, and thanks for your efforts and the useful mods.

And if you havent tried it yet guys, the newest releae of Clique is atheistically beautiful and serves to make its functionality even better via a sleek but simple graphical interfaace. I love the new profiles/custom support with the simple interface. Job very well done, though I havent got to toy with it extensively yet.
12-08-06, 11:13 PM   #52
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Anything still within the game's guidelines is possible, but it has to be explicitly stated.
12-09-06, 05:40 PM   #53
Shayana
A Kobold Labourer
I bind "show menu" to Alt+rightclick but it doesn't work with AG_Unitframes. It shows only the AG_Unitframes-Menu.

Cladhaire do you have an idea to fix it ?
12-09-06, 05:53 PM   #54
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Its not an issue with Clique.
agUF uses alt-right click for its configuration menu. You'll have to talk to them.
12-09-06, 05:54 PM   #55
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Please don't double post.
Its not an issue with Clique.. agUF uses alt-Right click for their config panel. You'll have to talk to them.
12-09-06, 07:06 PM   #56
txamethyst
An Aku'mai Servant

Please don't double post.
Its not an issue with Clique.. agUF uses alt-Right click for their config panel. You'll have to talk to them.
while i would love to communicate with the developers of agUF, getting past a list of files at wowace is impossible. i keep hoping though.
12-09-06, 07:58 PM   #57
gesikah
A Defias Bandit
I am having a strange problem I have never encountered before with Clique (been using quite some time):

I keep losing my left click binding on reload, zoning, etc. I thought maybe it was one of my newer addons conflicting, but it persists even with just Clique loaded.

I have it bound to Healing Touch (Rank 4) (bound through the normal interface of opening the Clique gui and left-clicking the spell). If I then reload or zone, the binding is still there (in the interface) and correct but instead of casting the heal it uses the default action of targetting the unit I click, if I delete the binding and rebind it, it will work until the next reload or zone.

As far as I can tell, all other bindings are fine and unaffected.
12-09-06, 08:01 PM   #58
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Originally Posted by gesikah
I am having a strange problem I have never encountered before with Clique (been using quite some time):

I keep losing my left click binding on reload, zoning, etc. I thought maybe it was one of my newer addons conflicting, but it persists even with just Clique loaded.

I have it bound to Healing Touch (Rank 4) (bound through the normal interface of opening the Clique gui and left-clicking the spell). If I then reload or zone, the binding is still there (in the interface) and correct but instead of casting the heal it uses the default action of targetting the unit I click, if I delete the binding and rebind it, it will work until the next reload or zone.

As far as I can tell, all other bindings are fine and unaffected.
Thanks, I'll look at it.

EDIT: I cannot reproduce this.. Did you try this with the default blizzard frames?
12-09-06, 08:15 PM   #59
gesikah
A Defias Bandit
Yes, I was originally thinking it was likely the new Trinity bindings (simply because it's the only other thing with bindings really), disabled, still happens. So I thought..maybe ag_unitframes, disabled everything but Clique, still happens.

Am wondering if maybe I have a glitch in my Saved Variables from testing out 8000 mods the last few days. lol

I will try to do some more testing (will have to be on my own frame, I think everyone but me is pvping tonight) . Maybe rename my SV and let you know the results.
12-09-06, 08:18 PM   #60
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Thanks. When in doubt, disable all but Clique and test with the Blizzard Unit Frames.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Cladhaire's Mods » Help with Clique