11-29-10, 03:30 PM   #161
Spahut
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Still some quest funkyness going on.

I got the message about object not being in the database, so i traveled to the dungeon and suddenly the color of the dot changed in the watch list.

But next time I logged it it was back to the dark "I know nothing" color.

11-29-10, 05:28 PM   #162
TrotskyIcepick
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
Thanks Faatal, the modded carbonite.lua you sent me is working beautifully with all my favourites in place.

Regards
Andrew

11-29-10, 05:46 PM   #163
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Spahut View Post
Still some quest funkyness going on.

I got the message about object not being in the database, so i traveled to the dungeon and suddenly the color of the dot changed in the watch list.

But next time I logged it it was back to the dark "I know nothing" color.
Carbonite does not actively scan dungeon zones for Blizzard quest data. It scans normal zones and the current zone, which if a dungeon, it would get any info Blizzard is providing for that zone. Normally we point to the instance entry for quests inside, but the scanner works differently. There is no simple fix for that.

Last edited by carboniteaddon : 11-29-10 at 05:49 PM.

11-29-10, 05:49 PM   #164
smedeley
An Aku'mai Servant

Quest turn in location for "A Mighty Hunger" is incorrect. It is shown as turning in at 37.0 78.2 - the correct location is 42.7 84.1 (Thurman Grant).

11-29-10, 08:05 PM   #165
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by smedeley View Post
Quest turn in location for "A Mighty Hunger" is incorrect. It is shown as turning in at 37.0 78.2 - the correct location is 42.7 84.1 (Thurman Grant).
Carbonite's quest start, end and objective locations have been deleted and are being repopulated from scratch. Any location currently shown by Carbonite is from the Blizzard quest location data. Press Alt-M and you can see where Blizzard is saying the quest should be done, which is what you should also be seeing on the Carb map.

11-29-10, 11:33 PM   #166
Eincrou
A Murloc Raider
A new issue that I have experienced with the latest beta, 4.03011, is that any time I mouse over a unit in the game world while holding down Shift a waypoint is automatically created. The waypoint is set at right where I'm standing, so I receive the waypoint reached message and sound, saying I've reached "Target UnitD xxxxx" (x's are numbers).

This is a problem for me because anytime I use a keybind that includes shift, a waypoint is set and if I move away from that spot, my map resizes to keep it in view.

I have been capturing quest data for the past week, so I have the NPC ID visible on my tooltip. The waypoint UnitD matches the GUID NPC number. Turning off /carb unitd stops the waypoints from being created.

Any help would be appreciated with the waypoint issue. I would like to continue collecting data, but this problem is extremely annoying.

11-30-10, 02:52 AM   #167
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I made it require ctrl+shift for the debug waypoint to be set. Will be in 4.031 in a few minutes.

11-30-10, 07:17 AM   #168
Eincrou
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by carboniteaddon View Post
I made it require ctrl+shift for the debug waypoint to be set. Will be in 4.031 in a few minutes.
Thanks for the fix, and thanks for continually working on updating Carbonite this past week. My friend and I appreciate your efforts.

11-30-10, 02:57 PM   #169
williamb
A Murloc Raider
Smile info

Just to be sure that I dont make any mistake in using carbonite, that is the most powerfull addon i know
Before in a older version, when you chose a quest, we had on the map a region in white to show where could be the objective.
Now it's only a point .
is it normal?
thanks again for your best job

11-30-10, 03:28 PM   #170
S@thi
A Theradrim Guardian

Originally Posted by williamb View Post
Just to be sure that I dont make any mistake in using carbonite, that is the most powerfull addon i know
Before in a older version, when you chose a quest, we had on the map a region in white to show where could be the objective.
Now it's only a point .
is it normal?
thanks again for your best job
It's using blizzard's questinformation at the moment.

12-01-10, 05:37 PM   #171
smedeley
An Aku'mai Servant

Originally Posted by carboniteaddon View Post
Carbonite's quest start, end and objective locations have been deleted and are being repopulated from scratch. Any location currently shown by Carbonite is from the Blizzard quest location data. Press Alt-M and you can see where Blizzard is saying the quest should be done, which is what you should also be seeing on the Carb map.
Ahh, okays! Thanks for the info! So we should report this quest location as a bug then to Blizzard?

Keep up the great work! Happy holidays!

12-07-10, 07:55 AM   #172
Paprika
A Black Drake
When will the Cataclysm-update for Carbonite be released?

12-08-10, 05:20 AM   #173
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Paprika View Post
When will the Cataclysm-update for Carbonite be released?
Right around 11-30-2010, 10:03 AM.

Yes, check the stickies.

12-08-10, 05:30 AM   #174
Paprika
A Black Drake
Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
Right around 11-30-2010, 10:03 AM.
Yes, check the stickies.
I'm talking about a build that actually works for goblins, worgen and the phasing-feature. I already use 4.031, but with the Blizzard-changes you mostly can't use it in many changed zones.

12-08-10, 11:42 AM   #175
Ellute
A Murloc Raider
Crashing

Before Cataclysm was playable I was having no problems with this addon. As soon as it went live and I was in the new areas are when my problems started. While questing in Mount Hyjal WoW started crashing, turning Carbonite off solved this issue. Also while in Blackrock Caverns my FPS would drop from 60 all the way down to 15.

Thanks for all the hard work on this amazing app!

12-08-10, 07:34 PM   #176
msdos
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by Ellute View Post
Also while in Blackrock Caverns my FPS would drop from 60 all the way down to 15.

the spike in FPS while inside BRC was definitely apparent. it had me fiddling with my settings and stuff, then i realized that carbonite was only slowing down my frames if i closed the mini map, but if i left the minimap open, i would get my normal framerate. very odd and counter-intuitive.

12-09-10, 01:14 AM   #177
Chmee
A Molten Giant
Hm. My copy of Cata arrived today, and I spent several hours questing in Mt. Hyjal. Had no problems with Carbonite at all. Haven't done any of the new dungeons yet.

12-09-10, 03:16 AM   #178
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Paprika View Post
I'm talking about a build that actually works for goblins, worgen and the phasing-feature. I already use 4.031, but with the Blizzard-changes you mostly can't use it in many changed zones.
My son and I leveled 2 goblins through their 2 starting zones and it was working as expected. We don't do anything with phasing. I don't think an addon can detect phases anyway.

12-09-10, 03:20 AM   #179
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Ellute View Post
Before Cataclysm was playable I was having no problems with this addon. As soon as it went live and I was in the new areas are when my problems started. While questing in Mount Hyjal WoW started crashing, turning Carbonite off solved this issue. Also while in Blackrock Caverns my FPS would drop from 60 all the way down to 15.

My son and I did 115+ quests in Mount Hyjal without crashing.

In Blackrock Caverns Carbonite had a map error, which could be dropping your FPS. You may not see the error if Display Lua Errors is off in the game interface Help page. Enable it.

The 4.032001 beta released a few minutes ago fixes Blackrock Caverns error and adds the instance map.

Beta: http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=37462

Last edited by carboniteaddon : 12-09-10 at 03:24 AM.

12-14-10, 02:54 PM   #180
Fledder
A Murloc Raider
After reading almost all posts I haven't found the fix for the following problem:

I used the newest Beta version of Carbonite (tried severall versions) without any problem up to the moment that quests turned orange (objective not in the database).

(Alt-M tick on the show bladie map - checked)

half of the quests are yellow and the other half orange (so yellow quests turned orange). Abandom them and accept them again does not help.

What did I do wrong? How can I solve this issue?

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite 4.030xxx Beta (Old. Use 4.032)