08-31-12, 05:42 PM   #81
txprogrammer
A Defias Bandit
Can i get link pls. and thank you very much Rythal for your time and effort. I'm a programmer and if I wasn't so lazy I would take the time to do it.

08-31-12, 05:45 PM   #82
Xiaya
A Kobold Labourer
Can I get the release mailed to me as well?

08-31-12, 05:46 PM   #83
jarda128
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
anything dealing with a party is bugged. They changed how addons detect groups / raids and it appears just changing the function call to the new one was not enough.

It's on the list of things to look into.
Hmm it think it would be the best to collect a lot money for example through kickstarter.com and hire full time job developer maybe original developers or someone other (maybe Rythal with permisson original authors) ...

08-31-12, 05:59 PM   #84
Rojahz
A Kobold Labourer
Could I also get the link emailed please.

08-31-12, 06:02 PM   #85
reddrumjay
A Black Drake
Well, since the link can't be posted, PM some of the people who have said they will send it, or follow the white rabbit and Google the name of the computer sitting next to Rythal and the name of the addon which you seek.

08-31-12, 06:12 PM   #86
Hexhiss
A Murloc Raider

Email the .zip please

Hey guys,
would anyone be willing to email me the fan update please? I am going out of my mind with the bugs and crap that is goin on with stock UI. [email protected] PLEEEEEAAAAASSSSSEEEE!!!!!

08-31-12, 06:24 PM   #87
faerosong
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
anything dealing with a party is bugged. They changed how addons detect groups / raids and it appears just changing the function call to the new one was not enough.

It's on the list of things to look into.
Thank you for the update. I've looked through the Carbonite code myself and I don't especially envy you the challenge

08-31-12, 06:24 PM   #88
Sybrock
A Defias Bandit
I too am going crazy without my Carbonite. Looking for anybody out there to send me a link to the update. PLz, plz, pretty plz!

08-31-12, 06:36 PM   #89
LiriusMagi
A Murloc Raider

Yeah I'm not sure how to download it from the link. Can I get a PM for it please?

08-31-12, 06:37 PM   #90
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Link is back in the first post.

08-31-12, 08:29 PM   #91
ajamison
A Defias Bandit
Link is back in the first post.
Any update at all from your attempts to contact the devs?

08-31-12, 09:08 PM   #92
riktor
A Defias Bandit
Be Careful!!!!!!1

Ok i'm just making sure, believe me hackers are always trying to hack wow members, every day.
so it would be irresponsible of me or any one just to go download it and install it.
no offence to you rythal, you just have to ask questions if things don't look right. that's all..

Last edited by riktor : 08-31-12 at 09:19 PM.

08-31-12, 09:27 PM   #93
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Does anyone know of a way to turn an account back to trial status, I'm trying to fix the quest stuff in regards to groups, but my second account was from RaFing so they won't let me login even for the 1-20.

08-31-12, 09:28 PM   #94
jarda128
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by riktor View Post
I'm not sure who rythal is, maybe he is able to update carbonite, and all, but i found it strange where he left the link to the update that didn't even have a URL of carbonite..
http://virtxchange.com/carbonite/ i have never seen that url nor do i know it to have anything to do with carbonite, i would be verry careful about opening that file much less installing it.
and it's only a couple of files, normaly when they update carbonite after a major patch, it's the entire addon, not just a couple files..

I WOULD MAKE SURE THAT THIS IS A GOOD FILE BEFORE DOWNLOADING IT!!!!!
BE CAREFUL...
Ok we shouldnt insult you,you have right to install patch to this addon or not it doesnt matter ...
Rythal already told you that ...
He is not official developer so he cant upload patch on official site ...
Also he hasnt right do distribute whole package,(maybe even parts) ...
The archive contains carbonite.lua and carbonite.toc,*.lua is script which is interpreted by world of warcraft game ... it is separated from your computer (i think it is runs in virtual envinroment) ... *.toc is information about addon ...
About that it contains only two files,that is for me because it uses file from original distributuion ...and he distrubute only things which he changed ...
And last notice lua file must not be installed,it should be only copied to interface directory,and imo is completely safe because is not executable

08-31-12, 09:31 PM   #95
jarda128
A Cyclonian
Does anyone know of a way to turn an account back to trial status, I'm trying to fix the quest stuff in regards to groups, but my second account was from RaFing so they won't let me login even for the 1-20.
hehe that is suspious hope you dont want lend ours account dont you ?
i think when upgrade account there is no way back...
P.S. why you don;t create new trial account ?

08-31-12, 09:33 PM   #96
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by jarda128 View Post
hehe that is suspious hope you dont want lend ours account dont you ?
i think when upgrade account there is no way back
No, I don't want anyone to lend me their's I tried getting guildmates to group with me, but since they aren't running carbonite it didn't help for fixing it... so I was hoping there was some way to re-enable my second one.

I can make a new one, but my battle.net is a mess already between beta accounts, PTR accounts, RaF accounts ... I was trying to not need another lol

Last edited by Rythal : 08-31-12 at 09:36 PM.

08-31-12, 09:56 PM   #97
aslanruler
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Do you need a group for the lvl 1-20 stuff or can anyone with carb help you out on this? Cause I'm pretty sure your server would have someone with carbonite and as long as your account hasn't hit 50 toons, you could make a new toon on another server for test purposes.

08-31-12, 10:02 PM   #98
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by aslanruler View Post
Do you need a group for the lvl 1-20 stuff or can anyone with carb help you out on this? Cause I'm pretty sure your server would have someone with carbonite and as long as your account hasn't hit 50 toons, you could make a new toon on another server for test purposes.
I had thought about that... especially after sitting in stormwind and seeing so many little dots of other users, but that wouldn't work since i'd need to send them an updated version everytime I try to change something to get it working, and that's time consuming. I ended up just making yet another account

08-31-12, 10:03 PM   #99
jarda128
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by aslanruler View Post
I would glad to help but i m on EU Realm,not on US like users on this forum ...
PS i'm too slow already replied

Last edited by jarda128 : 08-31-12 at 10:07 PM.

08-31-12, 10:15 PM   #100
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by jarda128 View Post
I would glad to help but i m on EU Realm,not on US like users on this forum ...
PS i'm too slow already replied
lol thanks for the offer anyways... but looks like I made a new trial account for nothing, it can't help me since trial accounts can't chat in global channels, so it didn't help... only choice is reactivating the other one.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite 5.04