08-11-09, 08:34 PM   #1
Ither
A Firelord

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Simple HUD Help

Absolutely LOVE the addon and am about to donate for Pro. I have one issue with the simple hud. I think its awesome that it tells me what actions are unavailable, however it severely over runs the effects on a target. Is there a way to disable it from adding the buttons that show every action thats unavailable for x amount of time? All I want to see is whats on the target. Example is my Death Knight, when I have diseases up. When I hit a spot where runes are on CD, I have about 9 buttons span across the screen.

08-11-09, 08:35 PM   #2
Ither
A Firelord

Also.. what is this bar I see going across with half green/half gray? Is that a mini version of hp/mana? If so, how come my runic power doesn't show up?

08-11-09, 10:24 PM   #3
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
I believe that is your health race bar based on your description. It should show you and your targets health but never really used it myself to explain more.

As to the cooldown bar there is a slash command you can use to cut down the number of seconds before a cooldown icon is displayed. But, Scott is aware of the problem for deathknights in particular and will hopefully have a solution built into at least version 6.0.

Ah, here we go :

/nui cdmin x

Where x is the number of seconds that a cooldown has to be at minimum before being displayed. The default is 2. If you have a bunch of meaningless cooldowns at 4 seconds then set cdmin to 5 to ignore those.

},

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

Last edited by Xrystal : 08-11-09 at 10:30 PM.

08-12-09, 04:26 AM   #4
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by Dreadthill View Post
When I hit a spot where runes are on CD, I have about 9 buttons span across the screen.
Try the command '/nui hud cdmin 10' -- what will cause nUI to ignore cooldowns caused by all of your runes being on cooldown. It's imperfect, but it helps... hopefully, now that I have a high level DK of my own, I'll be able to sort all that out in nUI 6.0 but this command should do the trick until then.

The bar you are looking at is called the health race bar... here's the description of it...

The top bar in the HUD, directly below the player character on screen is the nUI Health Race bar (which is only visible when you are targeting a player or mob that you can attack). This bar is made up of four components... the bar itself, a player health button at the top left, a target health button at the top right and a relative health button (the race button) at the bottom center. In short, this single bar gives a quick view of the player's health and target's health relative to their individual maximums as well as their percent health relative to one another. I highly recommend you give this bar a try for PvP as it provides you a powerful single reference to measure your progress against your opponent.

At full health, the player health button is to the far left edge of the bar and the target health button to the far right... as either the player's health or the target's health declines, their respective buttons will move toward the center of the bar. The first one to the middle loses! ~smile~ At a glance, both buttons show their health as a percentage of their maximums.

The key button is the relative health button at the bottom of the bar. This button measures the relative health of the player (as a percent of the player's maximum) as compared to the relative health of the target (as a percent of the target's maximum). When the button is at the center of the bar, then the player and target have the same relative health. If the player's percentage of their maximum health is higher than the target's, the relative health button will move left of center. If the target's health is higher as a percentage of its maximum as compared to the player's percentage of total health, the button moves to the right.

The further left of center the bottom button moves, the higher the player's health relative to the target's and visa versa. A relative health of 100 means the player is at full health and the target at or near death in which case the bottom button will be to the far left of the bar and the bar color will be bright green. A relative health of -100 means the target is at full health the player at or near death and the bar will be colored bright red. If both the target and player are at near equal health as a percentage of their maximums, the button will be at the center and the bar colored yellow.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Customization » nUI: Customizing Layouts » Simple HUD Help