02-01-10, 12:20 AM   #1
Reflexive
A Murloc Raider
Needing Help - Interface Fonts

I'm trying to customize my interface, and it's just not going as planned for the font area. I have my resolution scaled to where I want it, to where it looks best to me; so the option of "just scale your resolution" hopefully doesn't pop up.

I'm having the issue of receiving rather large fonts on the Character Panel (see below). I have no idea how to trim this font down at all, as you can see it's overlapping and downright disgusting.

I've attempted Fontifier, ClearFont2 (and 3), and Tektikles. Fontifier just didn't work out at all, I even would scale all font sizes all the way up or down, an no changes were actually made after exit/restart. As far as ClearFont goes, it would enlarge every font altogether, and so would Tektikles pretty much.

ClearFont or Tektikles more than likely would solve the issue, I'm just not sure where to pinpoint the exact thing I'm looking for, and cut out all the rest to avoid the overrides.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Note: It says "Unknown" as my name, I must have caught the screenshot when WoW had it's pants down.
02-01-10, 06:47 AM   #2
Ferous
Sheer Sense of Doom
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Its not the font AddOns, its the font itself. There are small fonts, medium fonts, and large fonts. You need to find a small font in order to get what you want, and I believe Express way Free is a medium font
02-01-10, 06:58 AM   #3
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
http://www.wowace.com/addons/fontain/
02-01-10, 01:15 PM   #4
Reflexive
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by mrruben5 View Post
I have downloaded fountain and installed it, opened it up with /font and everything seem's semi-easy for right now.

Do you know as far as any specifics as to where the character panel would fall under? I'm not sure if it'd be considered a Tooltip, System, or some other type of text.

I'm also noticing, not sure if I'm doing it correctly but when I select a field, and set a ugly, really noticable font on something and hit "Okay" then reloading... I don't see any change.

I have SharedMedia, SharedMediaAdditionalFonts, and a WoWDir\Fonts\ with the 4 fonts in their named accordingly. I'm not sure if maybe there is a conflict or not with any of this. I've attempted the "Override SharedMedia" and log-out/log-in with no change.
02-01-10, 01:24 PM   #5
Reflexive
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by mrruben5 View Post
Ignore my previous post. I have found in Fountain where exactly the character panel font is, and now things look in place again!

Turns out it was in Game font, under "Game Font Highlight" and "Game Font Normal". I just toned them down some to around 12, and now it's perfectly fine.

I greatly appreciate your assistance, you don't even know how much that font was driving me insane. So thank you thank you and thank you!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Needing Help - Interface Fonts