05-28-09, 11:11 AM   #1
Diet6
A Murloc Raider
Question about addon detection.

Just curious (not to compare to others that have been out for a long time or anything like that, wouldn't be fair) but how do other programs detect what addons you have installed so as not to update with a different addon entirely? I remember using wowmatrix a long time ago and it never seemed to detect other addons as something else without warning that it was replacing it with a 'similar addon'. Do others categorize all their addons and add name tags to each or how did they detect them exactly? It seems like minion is only having semi-minor issues with it, but I was just wondering how they tackled the problem with their managers.

Could there be a way to tag or bind our addons to a certain ωωω.wowinterface.com/downloads/*****.html, so the addon knows which addon we mean? I wouldn't mind going through and pointing it to each addon I have if there was way to do it so it'd stay setup after it's done and all. That way it wouldn't have to figure it out on its own with the detection method, and after enough people do it you could have them send you a log of some sort to implement and improve the detection of the program. It's so nice and close to being perfect

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Minion » Archive » Question about addon detection.