01-26-07, 12:34 AM   #1
Elenesski
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
eXtreme Unit Buttons (XUB)

I have uploaded eXtreme Unit Buttons (XUB) to the site. This highly configurable mod allows players to associate buttons to unit frames. It is meant as a replacement to GroupButtons which stopped functioning as for the 2.0 patch. The mod extends the capabilities of GroupButtons by providing a number of new features. The mod description and ZIP file provide additional details.

This mod is in a pre-alpha state. I need help from the community to help me complete it. It's biggest issue is that it requires a large and sophisticated dialog box in order to configure the hundreds of options the mod exposes. There are other issues, but they are minor in comparison to the dialog.

Currently, you configure the mod via a series of text based inputs. Those inputs are comma delimited and parsed in order to configure it. This is described in detail in an attached PDF document. Despite that complex mechanism, the mod does work very well and I have been able to defeat a level 58 elite mob with a priest using this mod without touching the keyboard. I also use it successfully on a level 15 mage.

So have a look and make suggestions on how I can build this dialog. I am a professional developer, but am unsure of how to organize and define what I need for the dialog. Some people have made suggestions such as FausScrollFrame, but I am looking for a lot more features than a scroll frame:

I am looking to have tabs, drag-and-drop (from a spell book) and a macro icon list. The ability to move buttons up/down, move groups up/down, and of course I'll need to figure out how to handle localization.

Any comments or suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,
- E
01-26-07, 03:05 AM   #2
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
Looks pretty good. Nice Job. Of course the configuration is going to be a pain. Gonna have to wait for a nice complete GUI to set it up I think.

In case anyone wants an easy link to you addon - eXtreme Unit Buttons

Last edited by Sepioth : 01-26-07 at 03:08 AM.
04-14-07, 03:34 AM   #3
Stone007
A Kobold Labourer
Possibility to have multiple Rows per player

Hello E,

Mod is great at the moment - in Raids however things become a bit spread out because you can only have a single row of buttons per character/player - with 10 or 12 buttons it is a LONG row. In raids especially it causes the players to be spread out a lot - you need to leave the room for the buttons.

What I'd really like to see is the ability to select multiple rows (at least 2 rows) of buttons per character/party member etc. This will compact things tremendously and make it a lot easier for raid healers like myself. I don't know how difficult it is technically - I reckon not impossible as a lot of other mods allow multiple-row selection.

Regards - and keep up the good work.

Scabsy (Lvl 70 Undead Priest/Nordrassil/Europe)
04-14-07, 09:18 AM   #4
Elenesski
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Stone007
Hello E,

Mod is great at the moment - in Raids however things become a bit spread out because you can only have a single row of buttons per character/player - with 10 or 12 buttons it is a LONG row. In raids especially it causes the players to be spread out a lot - you need to leave the room for the buttons.

What I'd really like to see is the ability to select multiple rows (at least 2 rows) of buttons per character/party member etc. This will compact things tremendously and make it a lot easier for raid healers like myself. I don't know how difficult it is technically - I reckon not impossible as a lot of other mods allow multiple-row selection.

Regards - and keep up the good work.

Scabsy (Lvl 70 Undead Priest/Nordrassil/Europe)
In your profile specification for your mode and unit, you can use a special group called CR that will take you to the next row of buttons. For example,

solo,player,heal
solo,player,CR
solo,player,buff
solo,player,CR
solo,player,party

creates 3 rows of buttons where each row is the group's heal, buff, and party; respectively.

You can also get more sophisticated and specify pixel offsets for your groups. Before you assign these offsets, keep in mind that the standard button size is 64x64 pixels. The amounts you specify for offsets are sized according to the button widths you use. If you use buttons that are 20 pixels wide, the offsets are scaled by 20/64 (5/16th). The reason was to make it possible to place buttons in a circle, but still keep the same visual layout regardless of the size of the pixels.

For example, if your heal group is 4 buttons wide and group spacing is 20, the following group offset on "buff" will "simulate" a CR. 4 x 64 pixels + 20 pixels = 276 pixels.

solo,player,heal
solo,player,buff,-276,64
solo,player,CR
solo,player,party

So you can hopefully imagine other possibilities.

Last edited by Elenesski : 04-14-07 at 09:29 AM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » eXtreme Unit Buttons (XUB)