04-25-06, 11:11 PM   #1
Ilius
A Defias Bandit
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Cool ModelMagic

Model Magic is a mod that lets you display 3d models from diferent sorces, it incorparates a configuration screen from witch you can select up too 20 model frames to use.

CURRENT VERSION

Version 0.91b
-------------

- Fixed ishue where nudging wouldent work if slider option is changed
- Fixed small model flicker in the moveover model
- Variables are no longer saved globaly on accounts now variables are character specific
(please delete the following files to avoid errors:
<World of Warcraft folder>\WTF\<account name>\Saved Variables\ModelMagic.lua
<World of Warcraft folder>\WTF\<account name>\Saved Variables\ModelMagic.lua.bak )

PREVIOUS VERSIONS

Version 0.91
------------

- Fixed minor bugs (please check on the save setings ishue and report to me I know there is a minor ishue when using model scale use nudging on the Z axis instead)
- Added a fully functional target of target model (targettarget)
- Added a fully functional mouse over model (now works as inteanded)
- Enachanted model backgrounds added

Version 0.9c
------------

- Fixed smaller Change targets camera bug
- Added backgrounds to model frames while configuration window is open

Version 0.9b
------------

- Fixed bug with some slider options not saving
- Fixed smaler render bugs
- Added defaults option

Version 0.9
-----------

- Fixed the bug with the model scale now it will stay as set
- Fixed the bug where camera would reset when you shape shift
- Added model frame draging option
- Configuration window is now dragable

ModelMagic
----------
- Display up to 20 3d models on you'r UI
- Select the animations on all of the models displayed
- Scale, rotate, nudge models and model frames
- Chose a diferent camera for a diferent target on models
- Chose diferent sorces on diferent models (player,pet,target....)

COMING SOON

- Disable and enable frames depending on the raid status
- Anchor frames to mouse
- Create manage delete of profiles
- Instruction menu by *Sumomo*
- and lots more to come!!

Download this addon here
04-26-06, 08:41 AM   #2
Xageroth
An Aku'mai Servant
Excellent. Let's combine our efforts.

I was working on Ace-compatible version which made everything a little more object oriented. It's unfinished code but I can send it your way if you'd like. The two things preventing me from using your mod over my own are really two things: UIParent bounding box to prevent model squishing and mouse-adjustable/bound controls for the model

For the model squishing thing, it's just a WoW quirk. You can have a frame/button/etc element move past the borders of the rendered space BUT you can't have a 3D model do that. When you try it'll compensate by squishing the model which can sometimes look like you're resizing the box/model when in truth no change is happening to the values of either. To fix this in Model Citizen I made it so every box move/resize checked whether or not it was exceeding the UIParent borders and forced constraints on it.
04-26-06, 08:44 AM   #3
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by Xageroth
Excellent. Let's combine our efforts.
I so love a community that works together! Kudos to you!
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
04-26-06, 09:49 AM   #4
Ilius
A Defias Bandit
Sweet

would love to see that code maybee even finish ot implement it in ModelMagic so sweet anyways about models squishing I dident seem to mind but Ill change it since users of the mod seem to be bothered by it :P mail me at [email protected] maybee make some MSN contact too :P
05-12-06, 09:50 AM   #5
Stonehand
A Defias Bandit
Unhappy

Well, the model squishing really doesn't help with setting up reliable behavior in the portrait window. When I tried setting up the target's portrait window using the squishing method, of course, NPCs and PCs came out ok, but (I happened to be in Westfall) Harvest Watchers would be way too big in the frame, and would only have enough room to show their torsoes.

So then I used the Model Scale slider with the width/height sliders of the main window to try to come up with something better. Again, NPCs (except for lumberjacks at Sentinel Hill) and PCs came out nicely, but now Harvest Watchers were *extremely* tiny in the lower left corner of the portrait window (same with lumberjacks).

I believe the problem is that you have the camera attributes and model sizes connected somehow. A viewport should be just that... a hole that should not distort the contents of what it's viewing. I should be able to size that portrait window however I want and the model representation should stay the same. Concordantly, I should be able to scale the model without affecting the size of the portrait window. I feel these are the two biggest annoyances with the way ModelMagic works right now. Hopefully your collaboration with Xageroth will help solve some of these things... I'll still use either this or Model Citizen, but I'd like it to be more reliable and easier to configure. Good luck!
05-20-06, 03:42 PM   #6
Csquall1
A Murloc Raider
Hi all,
I had a question about this mod, I've been playing around with this one and model citizen and am finding this one to be working abit better then the other but I have a problem....I can create a model of my char and place it in my portrait but when I try to create another model of a target, it opens up the model of my portrait instead of a new model, am i doning something wrong?
05-20-06, 07:23 PM   #7
Ilius
A Defias Bandit
Faq

well kinna, there is a combo box in the lower left corrner of the menu that allows you to select frames select a diferent frame and then click the enable model for that frame, you can have 20 diferent models this way
05-20-06, 08:16 PM   #8
Csquall1
A Murloc Raider
Thx for the reply! I did end up figuring it out. just need to get that resizing of the models taken care of and we be all set! look forward to the next version!
05-21-06, 01:50 AM   #9
Csquall1
A Murloc Raider
I got a freind of mine to look over your mod to see if maybe he could figure out the resizing issue. He says he found it and sent it back to to me....so far so good! Got my portrait cropped from the head down to waste and I can also get the target to stay. Looks really nice!

GREAT MOD you made!
05-22-06, 06:31 PM   #10
Csquall1
A Murloc Raider
Nice work. The next issue I was encountering was the pet model. The model of regular chars works fine now but when you target a pet say (voidwalker) its way to big and most of the time you can only see the bottom part of body cause the head and arms of way off screen and if you try to adjust it to fit screen when you target a model of a regular char it is shrunk leaving your pet target good and then your regular char target small. Hunter pets are ok but the back part of the body(depending on how you have your model set) is way off screen. I will keep testing and post any other problems I encounter.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » ModelMagic