12-11-06, 03:25 AM   #1
Xfaktah
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Healers!!!

Talk here about the solution you all find out to the new patch!!!

Im having lot of problems in raid since ctraid emergency monitor is totally broken and now is really hard healin durin encounters.
Any of you know about any other emergency monitor or something like that , that can fix this?
Tested grid last night....but it really sux as layout in my opinion.
If the old method (click on frames) could still be used in easy encounters like mc/bwl, it really wont match in AQ40-Naxx...

Please tell here if you dìfind solutions or such...
12-11-06, 09:35 AM   #2
Brassicus
A Murloc Raider
Try Clique and sRaidFrames together.
12-11-06, 09:44 AM   #3
gesadel
A Defias Bandit
in raid y used cliqued and xperl frames.

but i have two problems
1.- dont optimice mana ( i prefert castarty)

2.-more things in the windows.
12-11-06, 10:18 AM   #4
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Read the patch notes. An addon can no longer decide wich spell to cast based on conditions and target units.
12-11-06, 10:48 AM   #5
Xfaktah
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
well acutally im usin clique and agunitframes...but:

1) this sistem isnt mana efficient ( i know of the new patch) so probably just need to go for a 4-5 probably even 3 flash heal spell... as left clique
2) on 40 raid members checkin health off raid frames is crazy you know...i guess all of us were usin some kind of emergency monitor to set the best target to heal...and the problem now is really on that thing....need an emergency monitor replacement...
12-11-06, 10:49 AM   #6
xelepart
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Strike that, I'm not even responding to this.
12-11-06, 11:37 AM   #7
Aeliel
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Xfaktah
1) this sistem isnt mana efficient ( i know of the new patch) so probably just need to go for a 4-5 probably even 3 flash heal spell... as left clique
Learn what your spells heal for, bind those of your choice to different combinations in Clique, and hey look, you can scale heals for mana efficiency again! (Well, marginally - they gave that system a bit of a nerf in the latest patch.)

I have four different ranks of Healing Touch, plus top ranks of Regrowth and Rejuvenation, that I routinely use, each bound to different clicks. I know what they heal for, I know what click each is, I don't need to look and I don't need a mod to scale the heal for me.

Originally Posted by Xfaktah
2) on 40 raid members checkin health off raid frames is crazy you know...i guess all of us were usin some kind of emergency monitor to set the best target to heal...and the problem now is really on that thing....need an emergency monitor replacement...
You stack your unitframes of choice in a column (or several), and learn to look at which little green bars are shorter than the other little green bars, which little green bars are shortest, and which little green bars have priority (tank who is getting beaten on vs dps that got caught in an AOE, for instance). Set the raidframes to show you missing HP in numbers, so you know exactly what to cast, if you have to.

And yes, this works everywhere, not only in the "easy encounters". Yes, I have first-hand experience.

There is no emergency monitor replacement - or rather, you can have emergency monitors, but they're display-only, not clickable.

There is no automatic heal scaling anymore.

There is no "push a button to decurse everybody" anymore.

Your crutches got taken away. It really is fine. You just need to learn to heal.

Hell, do heal assignments and split responsibility in your raid (person A heals group 1, person B heals group 2...) if you can't keep up.
12-11-06, 04:14 PM   #8
robthedude
Don't Panic

Aye, I've got (and have always had) my main healing spells mapped to Q, E, shift-Q and shift-E and 1 2 3.

I was using the emergency monitor before the patch, but I've always prefered to use my own judgement, the person missing the most health not always being the person that needs the healing.

so healing isn't an issue, curing ailments might be, but there's usually a spare priest/druid that can be assigned to that task alone.

In conclusion, I'm in favor of these new changes, as I've always said -
A real person's brain will always beat any script that can be coded into an addon.
12-12-06, 03:02 AM   #9
Xfaktah
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
well

1) as word say: "emergency monitor" is supposed to be used just in emergency like i did...for the players in other raid groups where i wasnt supposed to be assigned or on other healers.
2) i never used programs controllin the rank of the heal spell
ye...its right good priests dont need it they can choose better then a program what heal to use especially past BWL encounters.

But:
1) Emergency monitor with click function was really awesome in BGS.
2) you can keep up ZG with just 2 healers with it..cant say same w/o it
3) cleansing job now got a delay of 2 or 3 secs respect pre-patch

anyway seems that the old school is the only way you can keep it up now as priest...
and lemme say that as priest i feel really penalized by
1) new talents: noone of them really worth 41 talent points in any tree
2) in pvp we dont have any chance to survive if attaked (fear blows ..30 or 26 secs is too much)

You all know that priests are the class that give up the game faster then the others for:
1) stressin job durin raids
2) the class isnt really attractive cauz the talents...and the blizzard not doing anything to make it more fun

have fun guys

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Healers!!!