08-12-10, 08:23 AM   #1
xelepart
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Mod Idea: RealID Pseudo-Guild

Hey mod peoples,

A long time ago, I wrote mods, but I just can't find it in me these days, and all my friends are asking me to write a mod, so I figured I'd post here and see if one of you more awesome people thought it was a worthy idea.

Here's the basic concept: Me and my friends want to have guild chat. However, two of us raid with one guild, one of us is in a "family guild," two of us are serious role players and can't handle joke guilds, and two of us are hard-core joke people and can't handle 4srs guild names. As a result, we hand-create conversations every time we log on and keep re-inviting each other each time we relog.

Years ago, I wrote a simple mod that made everyone join a chat channel, and we chatted on that, but now we have people playing alts, on different servers/etc, and there's the new RealID system -- so we have friends in SC2 we'd like to invite as well.

So, the mod would basically auto-invite everyone in a list of people to a conversation, and whenever someone from that group logs on, it would invite them again. Really, quite simple. I just can't find it in me to remember how to write mods.

If anyone out there thinks this sounds like an awesome idea and wants to write it, feel free!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Mod Idea: RealID Pseudo-Guild