10-17-08, 05:38 PM   #1
Sworday
A Kobold Labourer
Problem with most addons

So, most addons wont work. Itemrack does. That's it. I've tried others like Atlas, Ace, Titan, Mapster, etc. and no dice.

I've read that vista can complicate things, except my OS is technically a hybrid of xp and vista (pretty much vista without animations and it keeps the xp toolbar).

I do everything the normal way: I go to Interface, then add-ons and place the files into an applicably named folder. And when I get to the character screen for WoW I can click on the add-on tab at the bottom and see that the mods I just put into the 'Addons' folder are there. Of course, after I check them none appear in game (except for Itemrack!).

I haven't played for a few months, so I might have missed something that changes the way in which mods work. Thoughts?

thanks

Last edited by Sworday : 10-17-08 at 05:54 PM.
10-17-08, 05:56 PM   #2
SeiferTim
A Fallenroot Satyr

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Sworday View Post
except my OS is technically a hybrid of xp and vista (pretty much vista without animations and it keeps the xp toolbar).
First off... what?
You have Vista - you just changed some of the options so that it appears more like XP's style and things, but I assure you, it's still running and behaving like Vista behind the appearance. There's no such thing as a "Hybrid" of Vista and XP...

That being said, I don't think there are very many issues with Vista and the new patch...at least, if you were running WoW before the patch on Vista, there should not suddenly be any major difficulties running it now.

Most likely, one or more of your AddOns just haven't been updated yet. You can check to see which ones say work with WotLK, or were updated after the Patch, and you can usually get away with using the "Load out of Date AddOns" check in your AddOn Menu at the Character Selection screen.

If that doesn't work, make sure you don't have UI Errors disabled in your Interface Options, or that if you have an error-catching addon, you check to see that there are no errors. What happens sometimes is this: if you have a bunch of AddOns enabled when you log in, and one of them causes a critical error, WoW will sometimes stop loading the rest of the AddOns.
Say you have some Addons: #1, #2, #3, #4 and #5. You have them all enabled, and log in. WoW loads #1, everything's fine, loads #2, everything's fine, but then #3 tries to do something that no longer works in this patch, and throws an error (which you might not see if you've got 'UI Errors' disabled), and WoW stops loading #3, and then skips even trying to load #4 and #5. If you can't tell which addon is causing problems, you may need to disable all of them, and then enable one or two at a time and make sure they load, then log out and change which ones are enabled, until you find one (or more) that just don't load.
10-17-08, 05:58 PM   #3
Tristanian
Andúril
Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
A lot of Vista users are reporting issues with their wow folder actually being moved, you may want to look into that.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Problem with most addons