05-04-06, 05:20 AM   #1
Charybdis
A Cyclonian
Quest Book Mod

I talked with some people in the IRC earlier, and it sounds like this is a big coding project (let alone the data gathering), unfortunately I'm a quest addict and this thing keeps bouncing around in my head.

I'm dreaming of a mod that people could use to look and see what quests are in an area. For example userA goes to felwood, and doesn't know what sort of quests they could have. They go into the questbook, select felwood from a tree list on the side, and there's as list of all the quests in the zone available to that faction, as well as sorting into chains. Clicking on a quest would show information off to the side such as the quest giver/finisher, and the rest of the quest panel that comes when you first learn about a quest.

Apparently this would be 'about a days full coding' for some of the people on IRC, so I imagine a few weekends of casual work to the point where a layman like myself could just keep entering data and fleshing it out.

If anyone would like to volunteer their services, my email is through my profile, as well as my MSN.
05-07-06, 10:05 AM   #2
robodude666
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by Charybdis
I talked with some people in the IRC earlier, and it sounds like this is a big coding project (let alone the data gathering), unfortunately I'm a quest addict and this thing keeps bouncing around in my head.

I'm dreaming of a mod that people could use to look and see what quests are in an area. For example userA goes to felwood, and doesn't know what sort of quests they could have. They go into the questbook, select felwood from a tree list on the side, and there's as list of all the quests in the zone available to that faction, as well as sorting into chains. Clicking on a quest would show information off to the side such as the quest giver/finisher, and the rest of the quest panel that comes when you first learn about a quest.

Apparently this would be 'about a days full coding' for some of the people on IRC, so I imagine a few weekends of casual work to the point where a layman like myself could just keep entering data and fleshing it out.

If anyone would like to volunteer their services, my email is through my profile, as well as my MSN.
Not possible without a few 100MB lua file with all the 5k quests in the game.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Quest Book Mod