04-08-06, 09:06 AM   #1
robodude666
A Cyclonian

Discord Feature Suggestion

Hello,

I recently downloaded Discord to try out the RoyalBar Suite and found it very annoying lol. As I was screaming at my monitor, I came up with this idea:

Custom Layout Plugin System - Instead of the Dxxx_Custom.lua and the Custom setting, why not create a OOP system which allows users to create a mod (with its own folder, toc, lua .etc) which discord can detect and add to the menu of settings to load. Users who wish to create custom packages can create their own folder with the basic files and functions .etc they need to start a package. Run discord art or whatever and start working on their package. Then export the settings into a saved variables file which they can copy and paste into their custom package folder and this lua file with all the info needed will be ran when the package is selected in the Discord misc options menu.

Right now, as I understand, you can only have one custom layout in the Dxxx_Custom.lua file and I believe this will be an easier way for people that are not good in discord (Basically 95% of people) to install custom layouts.

The Fine Prints
Please note: I am sorry if this feature already exists in Discord Mods I never saw it.
Also, Please note: I am sorry if someone else suggested this, I was not able to find it via search.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Discord Feature Suggestion